Author Topic: Another case of unjust usage of the big red ban button.  (Read 12106 times)

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
Re: Another case of unjust usage of the big red ban button.
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2011, 02:22:42 am »
+2
Noez, u has hurtz nuffens feelings :( :( :( :(

Still really funny though watching some good old internet rage though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2011, 02:24:09 am »
+1
Are you sure that Im the one who dont understand?

*ignores insults, AGAIN*

Evidently, you represent administration without restraint, without thought, without care, you push a negative view, you falsify the story to your own personal advantage rather than actually behave that of your age and that to which many people strive to be, a more mature adult, who when in the wrong apologises for their mistakes, who can actually step back and take a look at the bigger picture, who are able to see both sides of a story before casting judgement, simply put you display a lack of control or care and even hints of purpose targeting of individuals you do not like and have be-grudged, you will use and continue to do as long as you're allowed, to knock out every player you don't like when ever they step ever so slightly out of line.

Just because it suits you and not because it suits or remains within proportion to the offences committed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:26:38 am by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2011, 02:43:52 am »
+1
Mmh... now you two are describing different stories. I guess that if I'm not an eye-witness I'm better out of this thread.

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2011, 03:19:31 am »
Someone should permamute this moron.

He admits to intentional teamwounding - so the ban was valid.  Reason for his TWing is irrelevant.

Too many rejects think they can ignore the rules and then bitch their way out of the consequences when they get caught.  Let this be a lesson to them.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2011, 03:39:05 am »
Someone should permamute this moron.

He admits to intentional teamwounding - so the ban was valid.  Reason for his TWing is irrelevant.

Too many rejects think they can ignore the rules and then bitch their way out of the consequences when they get caught.  Let this be a lesson to them.

I hope you get team-killed often, I hope that if you protest it, that you will be ignored, I hope then you will be driven to retaliate, and then I hope you're banned for an undesignated amount of time, by an admin who holds a grudge against you, I then hope you protest the admins decision and have the admins irc buddy crew come to the thread to discredit you with attacks on your character and person and completely disregarding the actual scenario and circumstances and contexts in which events happened, I hope all the while most people don't give a shit, and I hope you'll be left with a bitter taste in your mouth that abuse can go on like this which has been targeted by a quick to judge, shallow, narrow minded admin, who deals with situations based on his or hers own power and position, and on their relationship with who ever is being wronged or is committing offences, and can never play out their role beneficial to the wider community in the long run, due to snap judgements inaccurate in nature, irrational  in hindsight yet never apologised for, judgements which are taken out of context and additional punishments handed out because of protest of an unjust decision, actions in themselves are not written to be deemed punishable offences, yet nuffen suggests increasing my ban period because of my protesting of his decision, so if he's allowed to punish when no rules are broken it just proves my position again and again and again.

He watched me apparently, so why did he not kick the idiot who team-hit me first, before I had a chance to retaliate? Simple answer, already answered.

I'm a bit of a nobody in the social politics of this community, not much of a conformist, not much of an arse licker, so no I don't expect alot of support, but clearly when injustice is as clear as day, I find it hard to believe I need to spell it out over and over and over again, can anyone really absorb what's being said atall?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:55:13 am by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2011, 08:39:47 am »
+5
Heres my thoughts from a third party with no association with nuffen or Max... I had to post because I understand the injustice of being banned and the responsibility of banning (all those years of CSS dear me). Max presents his case with a rational, though heated, argument (who would not be indignant at a ban?). On the other hand, nuffen gives short replies seemingly without reconsidering the ban. Now that this situation has escalated, who would humble themself before the other? Yes Max broke a rule (I am speculating) but did nuffen give him a verbal warning and a kick for the minor first offense? Or did he ban right away? At face value, justice was dealt too harshly and too quick. Max is but human as is nuffen. Mistakes happen. Compromises should be made. I think a 2 day ban for Max should be sufficient enough. Any longer just because of some disrespect and I would say your judgement is clouded. I've always thought that server rules stating, "respect admins" was childish (are there server rules about that here?) Adminship is a responsibilty and honor, but it doesnt make you a step above everyone elses dignity. The rule should state, "Respect everyone."

I sincerly hope my post is considered.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2011, 10:32:38 am »
I'd also like to add, if I had taken actions which deserved a ban, (like being kicked, coming back and tking the unpunished offender who started these issues/ continuing hostilities), then I can see why a ban would be needed, and I would have gladly and humbly dragged my ass to the unban request forum and made my case while apologising for my actions.

Clearly the only offence I've been banned for was team-wounding, which as I've stated more times than I should have had to, that it was in retaliation. I know even retaliation, even defending yourself against a team-mate by hitting them back is also breaking server rules, but I've never denied that, yet are such actions worth that of the highest punishment? How can they be? I never actually team-killed him, had nuffen let him continue, I'd have been tked two rounds in a row, I was that close to death at the point of being banned. Surely defensive action should be considered to lessen the severity of my offences, it's logical right? So how I'm banned immediately without a chance to give my case, after nuffen already had the opportunity to investigate the actions of the individual I made the server aware of at time of killing me intentionally, is beyond me. I thought punishments were based on severity of the offence not clouded judgement of the admin.

Offline Zorato

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
    • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: ZORATO_BIRD
  • IRC nick: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2011, 11:26:19 am »
Murmillus_Prime, since you haven't caught on yet, nobody cares about your opinions on how much severity of an action constitutes a ban. As a lowly internet troll, I give you advice: It is a fucking video game about Internet Knights and this is a public forum about it. You are given a chance to redeem yourself by the use of the Unban forum but instead you continue to sperg about something that is actually very insignificant. Had you just made an unban thread, you would already be well on your way to being unbanned from said Internet Knights game.

The reason nobody is on your side is because every single one of your posts is a constant stream of tears with terrible quotes like, "He watched me apparently, so why did he not kick the idiot who team-hit me first, before I had a chance to retaliate?" How about instead of shifting blame for your actions onto other people, quit posting in this thread, and make a unban thread already? You posting in this thread will just make your chances of getting unbanned further and further removed from you. It is a crying shame that the admins haven't already locked this thread and put you out of your misery, because you have been beating a dead horse for four pages now.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:28:11 am by Zorato »
BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2011, 11:43:34 am »
Murmillus_Prime, since you haven't caught on yet, nobody cares about your opinions on how much severity of an action constitutes a ban. As a lowly internet troll, I give you advice: It is a fucking video game about Internet Knights and this is a public forum about it. You are given a chance to redeem yourself by the use of the Unban forum but instead you continue to sperg about something that is actually very insignificant. Had you just made an unban thread, you would already be well on your way to being unbanned from said Internet Knights game.

The reason nobody is on your side is because every single one of your posts is a constant stream of tears with terrible quotes like, "He watched me apparently, so why did he not kick the idiot who team-hit me first, before I had a chance to retaliate?" How about instead of shifting blame for your actions onto other people, quit posting in this thread, and make a unban thread already? You posting in this thread will just make your chances of getting unbanned further and further removed from you. It is a crying shame that the admins haven't already locked this thread and put you out of your misery, because you have been beating a dead horse for four pages now.

More than once I've taken responsibility for my actions, your argument is hollow. I've been banned on every EU_ server for team-wounding in self defence, tell me how that is fair without complaining that I'm crying or whining or w/e you wish to call it.

Also, how you can take a position on saying a quote such as "He watched me apparently, so why did he not kick the idiot who team-hit me first, before I had a chance to retaliate?[/i]" and accuse me of shifting blame? I've taken accountability for my offences, and responsibility for them, and I'm simply saying, problems should be dealt with before they become a bigger problem, how is that a bad position to take?

Nip the issue in the source then it doesn't become a mess? Treat offences with a proportionate punishment, how are these rational positions so hard for you to accept?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:47:38 am by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2011, 11:54:55 am »
+1
Admins hate revenge TK'ers more than TK'ers.

True story.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2011, 12:04:47 pm »
+1
Heres my thoughts from a third party with no association with nuffen or Max... I had to post because I understand the injustice of being banned and the responsibility of banning (all those years of CSS dear me). Max presents his case with a rational, though heated, argument (who would not be indignant at a ban?). On the other hand, nuffen gives short replies seemingly without reconsidering the ban. Now that this situation has escalated, who would humble themself before the other? Yes Max broke a rule (I am speculating) but did nuffen give him a verbal warning and a kick for the minor first offense? Or did he ban right away? At face value, justice was dealt too harshly and too quick. Max is but human as is nuffen. Mistakes happen. Compromises should be made. I think a 2 day ban for Max should be sufficient enough. Any longer just because of some disrespect and I would say your judgement is clouded. I've always thought that server rules stating, "respect admins" was childish (are there server rules about that here?) Adminship is a responsibilty and honor, but it doesnt make you a step above everyone elses dignity. The rule should state, "Respect everyone."

I sincerly hope my post is considered.

Hey
Im giving short responses because there is not a lot to answer. He mostly repeats himself, spicing it up with insults. I started by telling him that I was spectating the situation, and actually believed he would come to his senses and stop the lying about what happened. I dont see the point of making huge posts telling over and over what happened, as its easy to read from what I already wrote.

You are writing like you havent even read my _short_ replies. I did give 3 warnings (which is more than any other admin would), he ignored all 3 of them.
It was not a minor offense. He attacked the other guy several times, while I wrote a warning, waiting for respons, wrote another, waited for respons, wrote a warning and waited for respons before banning him, while he was still attacking. only reason the other guy didnt die was because I banned "murmillus prime"!

This could have been a 2 day ban if Murmillus Prime had posted in the unban forum, promised to not teamattack again, and left it with that. Instead he came in here, pretending that the problem is not him, not the rules, but the admin who enforced the rules. Im not gonna let people who refuses to accept the rules of the games, play.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:09:08 pm by nuffen »

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2011, 12:24:07 pm »
I hope you get team-killed often,

I do.

Don't most of us?

But I don't team-attack in revenge.  There's no purpose.  Most tks are accidental, and even when not it's often not clear that they were intentional - maybe they clicked by accident, or didn't see my banner, or whatever.  And even if it is intentional.. what good does attacking back do? 

Team-attacking trolls usually want you to attack them back.  You're just taking the bait.  I don't think any intentional TWers out there think "Oh goodness, people are fighting back?  I'd better stop, lest I be hurt!"

When I'm pretty sure it's intentional, I use 'i' to report it to admins.  If none seem to be on, I note it in general chat - 'So-and-so, stop teamwounding'.  If someone is intentionally TWing, usually I'm not the only victim; so when you call them out on it, other people realize it's intentional as well and you can usually get a successful kick/ban poll going if they continue.

Hey, look.. all smuggery aside, I understand how frustrating it can be.  It's possible that on occasion, in the heat of the moment, I may have whacked back at someone who TWed me.   But it's against the rules.  And it should be.  You need to accept that; if revenge-attacking were allowed, there would just be an insane amount of team-attacking, and it's already bad enough.  One guy would truly accidentally hit another, who would mistakenly think it intentional and attack back - and then the first person would feel entitled to (this time intentionally) attack again in response.  Admins simply wouldn't be able to sort out who actually started it, which means they wouldn't be able to stop it.  As is, the rule is no intentional TWing at all; and that's the way it has to be if the rule is to be enforceable. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:44:48 pm by Barbas »

Offline Lysander

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
  • Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JOKER
  • Game nicks: JOKER_Lysander; CotgS_lysander; Lys;
Re: The bullshit award goes too.... Who ever just banned me
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2011, 01:11:48 pm »
Better leave the server when nuffen is on :D

I totally agree!!
 :)

Offline Odion

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Odion_IV, Odion_Power
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2011, 01:57:10 pm »
you also get banned on eu for not wearing gear that cause you to lose gold, just thought i warn you

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2011, 02:07:38 pm »
Hey
Im giving short responses because there is not a lot to answer. He mostly repeats himself, spicing it up with insults. I started by telling him that I was spectating the situation, and actually believed he would come to his senses and stop the lying about what happened. I dont see the point of making huge posts telling over and over what happened, as its easy to read from what I already wrote.

You are writing like you havent even read my _short_ replies. I did give 3 warnings (which is more than any other admin would), he ignored all 3 of them.
It was not a minor offense. He attacked the other guy several times, while I wrote a warning, waiting for respons, wrote another, waited for respons, wrote a warning and waited for respons before banning him, while he was still attacking. only reason the other guy didnt die was because I banned "murmillus prime"!

This could have been a 2 day ban if Murmillus Prime had posted in the unban forum, promised to not teamattack again, and left it with that. Instead he came in here, pretending that the problem is not him, not the rules, but the admin who enforced the rules. Im not gonna let people who refuses to accept the rules of the games, play.

Ignoring something means you're aware you're being talked to and choose not to listen, I've said more than once already Nuffen, I did not see your warnings I was too busy trying not to die.

Now please answer this without diverting or ignoring the point I'm trying to make here, you were watching me as you've said, then you must have seen him hit me first, if so then why did you not kick him then and there before the situation escalated?

Surely it would have saved me the trouble of being punished, being banned on ALL EU_ servers, saved me the bother of having to point out your flawed judgement in detail in effort to explain that the ban was unfair and an irrational choice of action therefore a mistake and having to justify everything I say to the community who has me down as a horrible whirling nutter with no self-control who goes around revenge team-killing all the time and commits offences in proportion with a punishment that's resulted in a mass ban on all the EU servers half of which I've hardly ever played on in my entire time in CRPG, one of which I'd require to play on to fight in strategus on EU servers

All this done because you took a rash, unfair biased decision, you're spreading mis-information on this thread to discredit me further which frankly I find sickening, that someone as devious and manipulative as yourself is given admin powers which affect the entire EU community, when and how you choose to use them is up to you, you're not confined to rules or mutual respect for fellow players, you're simply part of an IRC clique whom give you support to gain personal social political position within this community, which means this mod will most likely look very different in months to come, all of nuffen and his jolly friends enforcing rules they've made up on the spot, banning people for silly things and allowing their friends the freedom of trolling and douche-baggery to which they defend themselves with the powers granted to them by chadz.

This isn't the first game community I've seen fall into this position, and the result is, you end up driving away the old player base until there's only new players left, and since there are most likely less and less new players coming to this mod because of expansions like fire and sword, then the actions of people like nuffen will only damage the community in the long run, one day there may come to be only people like nuffen and their cliques playing, no new opponents, no old opponents whom were a challenge to fight, just a few people affiliated with small elitist cliques whom believe they deserve respect far more than they show anyone outside of their clique, you'd be playing strategus battles with 10 people aside, and wondering where it all went wrong.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:13:30 pm by Murmillus_Prime »