Author Topic: Another case of unjust usage of the big red ban button.  (Read 11686 times)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: Another case of unjust usage of the big red ban button.
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2011, 11:47:00 pm »
Wait, what?
You voted no on me? Well, heres a newsflash, the poll was anonymous!
And, you indirectly admits voting yes on you to revenge me kicking you once, which was an abuse of the poll.

What has that got to do with your ban exactly? You're really scraping the barrel, do you know that?

Clearly what ever reason I voted, it was because I believed the admin who abused the leased deserved to remain an admin and the one who did so the most to have their admin powers removed, was that not the reason for the basis of the poll, admin abuse?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:48:54 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2011, 11:48:26 pm »
What has that got to do with your ban exactly? You're really scraping the barrel, do you know that?

Your the one who brought it in. Regret it? Seems like _you_ are the one bearing a grudge, not me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2011, 11:51:13 pm »
Your the one who brought it in. Regret it? Seems like _you_ are the one bearing a grudge, not me.

If I were bearing a grudge I'd be scanning every thread where people have alerted the community to your abuse and I would bandwagon with them but I'm not and I haven't done so, yet your rash decisions and in-ability to recognise and take responsibility for your errors, possibly based on a pre-conceived view you hold against me which clouded your judgement to not stop you from being able to punish but to do so fairly, to do so when it's within proportion to the offences committed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:52:39 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2011, 11:52:02 pm »
+5
You broke the rules, you got banned. No amount of bullshitting will get you unbanned, don't be so fucking dense.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2011, 11:55:13 pm »
You broke the rules, you got banned. No amount of bullshitting will get you unbanned, don't be so fucking dense.

The powers of an admin consist more than that of the ban button, the human brain has the capacity to think, to weigh up situations and judge the severity of the circumstances, how can a team-hit in retaliation ever be considered an offence worthy of a lengthy ban on ALL EU numbered servers?

I've accepted that I've wronged, so I'm not bullshitting, narrowness won't make you right, telling me to shut up won't make nuffen right, it won't make my ban justified.

Popularity of a player or an admin, does not change facts, truths, and the context in which actions were taken both by the offender, the victim and the judge.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:59:03 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2011, 11:56:18 pm »
+1

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The_Real_Gamers
  • Game nicks: The_Real_Gorath
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2011, 11:57:41 pm »
go do something else for a day, jesus christ.

"oh no, can't play c-rpg!  how will i work up a hunger for these doritos and code red without intense gaming????  you're wasting my groceries, MOD ABUSE"

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2011, 11:59:12 pm »
The powers of an admin consist more than that of the ban button, the human brain has the capacity to think, to weigh up situations and judge the severity of the circumstances, how can a team-hit in retaliation ever be considered an offence worthy of a lengthy ban on ALL EU numbered servers?

I've accepted that I've wronged, so I'm not bullshitting, narrowness won't make you right, telling me to shut up won't make nuffen right, it won't make my ban justified.

Popularity of a player or an admin, does not change facts, truths, and the context in which actions were taken both by the offender, the victim and the judge.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:08 am »
Is this still going on?

In short: posting here won't get you unbanned no matter what you type or what arguments you use. Post an unban request, forget what happened and continue playing. In my opinion Nuffen did his job properly even though a different solution could have been found but you escalated what would be a very short ban into this. The fact that you broke the rules won't change.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:25:47 am by Belmont »

Offline Entaro

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan
  • Game nicks: SHC_Entar
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2011, 12:41:12 am »
Look at all the cameltoe/drama this ban has caused... Without caring about the situation or either player in particular, I think it's fair to say a kick would've kept more folks' blood pressure lower...  :rolleyes:

However I also somewhat loathe the clique mentality of some elders/admins in this community so I acknowledge my bias.

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2011, 12:57:34 am »
Still going at it  :lol:

If it were my mod, I'd permaban him, forum ban him, delete all his characters, take away his computer, and smack him for good measure  :lol:

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2011, 01:04:42 am »
with dozens of "remove nuffen's admin" and "banned for nuffen by nuffen" threads before and after he was almost stripped of admin because of a poll, you'd think he would change the way he goes about punishing people who break the rules

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2011, 01:10:48 am »
with dozens of "remove nuffen's admin" and "banned for nuffen by nuffen" threads before and after he was almost stripped of admin because of a poll, you'd think he would change the way he goes about punishing people who break the rules

And after all the "omg, you banned me for revenge-TKing, you abuze" and the "I did nothing, even if you was watching me leech for 15 min"-nominations you would think people started to realise that most of em are bullshit.
PS: this guy got 3 warnings before the ban.

Offline kukufarikki

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_EAZIO_CROSSBOTORE
  • IRC nick: papikkikikki
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2011, 01:28:40 am »
And after all the "omg, you banned me for revenge-TKing, you abuze" and the "I did nothing, even if you was watching me leech for 15 min"-nominations you would think people started to realise that most of em are bullshit.
PS: this guy got 3 warnings before the ban.

i'm not just talking about this ban, im just saying to relax, don't go overboard on punishments, warn via a kick instead of a spoken warning

Quote from: Gildiss
I saw Tears and Shik put a bag over Goatee's kind innocent head and put him into the back of a FEMA truck! WAKE UP CRPG!

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2011, 01:49:56 am »
+2

Bans are punishments, like time in prison often is, but it's also a time for players to cool off and so be rehabilitated.  Because you blatantly and maliciously disregarded an admin's repeated requests to desist you were banned.  That action gave you ample time to cool off, consider the situation, and ask that, despite whether or not you feel the ban was justified, you may remain a part of the EU community because you still share its core values.  Instead you made a thread lambasting an admin, claimed you were righteous in your malice, admitted you broke rules, and further tried to justify your criminality by appealing to your own emotional temperament at the time.

Advice:  Take two days.  Two actual days.  Let this thread die.  Then go to the Unban area of the forum and write a sincere essay likening yourself to other players while making no mention, at all, of your personal opinions of the administrators.  Admit you're fallible, admit the rules exist to protect players from one another, and then never speak of it again.  If you post even once more in this thread you'll only further serve to isolate yourself from this community.

The choice is yours.  Don't fool yourself.