Author Topic: List of bugs BRD and their alliances expoliting  (Read 20678 times)

Offline Spartan793

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Spartan
Re: List of bugs BRD and their alliances expoliting
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2011, 12:26:28 am »
Damn, best avoid not being a biased tw*t in future

Offline Draeth

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Order of the Holy Guard (R.I.P.)
  • Game nicks: Draeth
  • IRC nick: Draeth
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2011, 01:01:44 am »
this is hilarious

:shock:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2011, 01:02:30 am »
+2
CountBerenger and Keshian, are you what, twelve? -'ing every single post made by mercs and their allies, regardless of content, is really infantile.  :|

-edit: yeah, thanks for the confirmation.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:13:25 am by [ptx] »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2011, 01:03:23 am »
+3
Only me who was surprised the list wasn't longer?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2011, 01:07:50 am »
+4
I stand by what most people said regarding morning/late night battle, go sleep, dont bother with them, I slept through a ton of major battle, big fucking deal...
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2011, 01:08:22 am »
+4
I find it kind of amusing how I read the original post and thought, "Wow, Nocti, overreact much?" Then I read the rest of the thread and formed pretty much the opposite opinion.

The first bug is an obvious bug and should be fixed. I actually did this purely by accident myself. I was recruiting in Emirin (at that point, held by HRE) before I attacked Toshdar. I realized what happened after I checked my character page and saw the list of people recruiting in Emirin. I left the town, but still didn't get randomly placed on the map after my loss. I was told that attackers don't get warped, only defenders? Is this true? Or is it because I started the attack while in a village?

The 2nd is obviously not a bug, and just Mercs complaining about being forced to do stuff they aren't being forced to do. Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Mercs don't seem to be willing to use mercs? Most people consider losing all your troops to be a punishment.

The 3rd is a huge issue. I know from personal experience that if you have too many items, not all of them will show on your equipment select menu. It's actually the ones you bought first that don't show, which would really be hurtful here as the Mercs probly bought their real equipment before being bombarded with crappy equipment. However, I haven't seen them post about not being able to use their real equipment, so I doubt it was a critical problem and more of a major nuisance.

While listing the bugs (even though one wasn't a bug as much as a complaint) is a valid issue, the title of the thread makes it obviously a means of expression for the Mercs to whine. And they damn sure did. But then their haters had to go do even stupider stuff and whine so hard that the Mercs seem completely rational in comparison.

I'm surprised how people can be stupid enough to say you shouldn't be punished for blatantly abusing bugs because this is a beta system. That's like saying I shouldn't be punished hacking into a new bank's servers before they have their new website deployed cause their network wasn't finished yet. A bug abuser is a bug abuser regardless of which system's bugs they're abusing.

But the worst part of this thread was the huge whine fest of people complaining how people keep complaining about the NA group in general rather than specifically. I'm not going to go back and look, but I only saw one post about NA being a problem besides the obvious troll posts. But the boo hoos from people complaining about it makes up over 10% of this thread and most of it lead by Tears.

Basically, this thread is nothing more than a bunch of complaining that led me to complaining. Maybe we all burn in hell together for our incessant whining with nothing but our limitless tears to bring us relief.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2011, 01:11:09 am »
+2
Dehitay, about the 2nd - but they DON'T lose all their troops, in fact they don't lose anything at all that way - hence the problem ;)
And, well, they are entirely within their rights to expect a battle, when they get attacked. Getting a lot of people to stay up to fight a battle that doesn't really happen - that is griefing...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:12:56 am by [ptx] »

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2011, 01:23:31 am »
+3
this is hilarious

:shock:

your avatar is hilarious

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2011, 01:28:13 am »
+1
Dehitay, about the 2nd - but they DON'T lose all their troops, in fact they don't lose anything at all that way - hence the problem ;)
And, well, they are entirely within their rights to expect a battle, when they get attacked. Getting a lot of people to stay up to fight a battle that doesn't really happen - that is griefing...

So you're saying that not a single attacker showed up, yet they didn't lose any troops? To my knowledge, unless you win by capping the spawn while there are actual attackers, the attacking force loses all its tickets. I believe this happened to somebody from BRD when they did have attackers, but all left instead of finishing the fight. The system took it as no players were attacking and killed off all the remaining troops. Now if the system is honestly broken and they did keep all their troops without actually showing up, then it would need to be fixed. But prior experience leads me to believe this isn't the case. How do you know they kept all their troops?

And if it's so much of a problem for your EU players, then find an NA clanmate who's worthy enough to command and give him merc hiring powers. Then have that commander, your NA members, your NA allies, and mercs fight instead. I do honestly care about bugs and abusers screwing things up for you. But I'm getting tired of hearing about how you "have to stay up all night" to come to battles.

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2011, 02:36:51 am »
And while these opposing alliances battle it out over a few paltry villages...most clans are assaulting castles. Cadmean comes to mind.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:40:26 am by Thax »

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2011, 03:04:08 am »
Lolololol one example ONE example please

pretend i'm quoting the rest of the mercs raging about my post too

anyway, in every battle where you were attackers you camped outside of the town and waited until the defenders got bored enough to sally at you. this is obviously an abuse of the battle system, you're not actually attackings, you're just camping. i spectated some of the merc/blackrose battle and if i were able, i would have declared your attack to have stalled, fined you 500 troops and maybe 20% of your equipment and made you try again. it's a clear abuse but because daveukr is in your clan nothing is done about it

and i know i'm not the only one who feels this way, given the numerous clans attacking you, people from clans unfriendly with clans you're attacking mercing for the guys you're attacking, etc
FREE ALLERS

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2011, 03:16:19 am »
+1
pretend i'm quoting the rest of the mercs raging about my post too

anyway, in every battle where you were attackers you camped outside of the town and waited until the defenders got bored enough to sally at you. this is obviously an abuse of the battle system, you're not actually attackings, you're just camping. i spectated some of the merc/blackrose battle and if i were able, i would have declared your attack to have stalled, fined you 500 troops and maybe 20% of your equipment and made you try again. it's a clear abuse but because daveukr is in your clan nothing is done about it

and i know i'm not the only one who feels this way, given the numerous clans attacking you, people from clans unfriendly with clans you're attacking mercing for the guys you're attacking, etc

You are not the only one who feels that way because, you are not the only one who knows nothing about strategy. We play the battle of patience, you just charge like a mindless beast. Got it?
Btw I thought you guys were going to attack us what happened?

(click to show/hide)

?

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2011, 03:19:23 am »
+4
are you stupid, camping is abuse now ?, unless you haven't noticed there's only one spawn point for the attackers, alot of people go on the defensive when attacking a village, we're not the only ones, it's one way to make sure you don't lose your spawn, this isn't abuse of the battle system at all, it's making good use of the shitty spawn system, anyway, back to the matter at hand, sending an army that is engaged in battle a shitload of pointless equipment so that they can't use there own equipment, this is taking the piss, whoever did it knew exactly what they were doing i think there should be some kind of punishment, you're stupid if you think otherwise...

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2011, 03:25:21 am »
Meh I dont care about the server time slots. Yes its irritating, yes its not sportsmanship, but all it does is make it more difficult to win and can therefore be overcome.If I want to fight, even if it makes me tired at work, I have the choice,I can, This items list really fucks me off though. The items worth the least gold get displayed first and so we have to eat through 1000's of tickets of tunics and stones just to get to our gear. But even that wont happen because we can be overwhelmed at spawn withour shitty equip and be spawnraped. This bug doesnt make it harder for us, it makes it impossible. Skill and battle tactics can overcome disadvantages but they cant overcome this. We cant sell off this equipment as we are engaged in battle and are thereofore doomed to lose. Im not pointing fingers at America in general but whoever did this, most likely Kesh or one of his little pet clans is a real idiot. I dont rage, I dont troll, but trust me when I say, you are a real fuckhead.

EDIT: Ive always wondered what lizard mans profile pic even is?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 03:27:52 am by Blueberry Muffin »
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2011, 04:02:32 am »
+2
Your clanmate Erasmas took it too seriously too back then? I see what you did there, aslong the bug/exploit doesnt affect your clan, its all k, no probs, why ban?
You need to chill out. The whole strat is gonna be wiped several times before it ever matters anyway. Also, that equipment thing is hilarious. It should be fixed, but there shouldnt be a consequence. This is how bugs are found.