Author Topic: Long spears aka pikes  (Read 32446 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Long spears aka pikes
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2011, 05:36:11 pm »
Good god, just remove the overhand and be done with it. It's bugged and doesn't make sense anyway. This discussion is all over the bloody place.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2011, 05:37:13 pm »
Good god, just remove the overhand and be done with it. It's bugged and doesn't make sense anyway. This discussion is all over the bloody place.

Thisssss.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2011, 07:03:04 pm »
That alone won't be enough. I predict a damage and speed nerf in the future since this is apparently causing massive distress to much of the playerbase. I wonder what the next 'OP' weapon will be?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2011, 07:20:04 pm »
Just taking away overhead won't fix the problem. Once it's group vs group you don't even need overheads that much.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2011, 07:59:38 pm »
+1
They should be helpful in groups, but not unbalance fights. For now, the team with most pikemen wins. And there's more and more people picking up long spears/pikes.
And for fucks sake, mindless spam stabbing from behind your team is not teamwork, it's easy kill hunting. Long spears do too much damage to be called "support weapons" at the moment.

as opposed to mindless range spam AMIRITE? lol

Please nerf the long spear so that everyone will just go pike, AND THEN WE'LL NERF THAT TOO

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2326
  • Infamy: 2452
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2011, 08:13:41 pm »
Long spear is the biggest issue because it's too long and fast. But pikes/spears are broken atm, even super slow heavy lance can be useful on foot. If you don't believe me try awlpike and be amazed how fast that thing is and how hard is to out spam it.

But awlpike is short which means you have to face the enemy, not just stand behind others and poke enemies with no risk what so ever.

I liked them a lot more when only dedicated pikemen used to play this class, like Joxer and ptx on EU servers.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2011, 08:29:23 pm »
I like that back in the days of pocket pikemen, when the Long Spear was called the pike and hit much faster and everyone carried one, no one brought this stuff up about them being "too powerful" against other melee users, despite the fact that dedicated pikers do just as well now as they did before... despite that it was stupid easy and cheap (half the price that it is now and sheathable)to have and hit faster... they only complained that everyone could have something to stop horses...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:30:29 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2011, 08:34:54 pm »
<- proud supporter of pike speed nerf and overhead removal since like forever

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2011, 09:10:03 pm »
But awlpike is short which means you have to face the enemy, not just stand behind others and poke enemies with no risk what so ever.
I think that's the whole 'point' (pun intended) of a long spear. Also it's not no risk whatsoever. They are vulnerable to ranged and shielders. 2h and pole who can block also aren't helpless. But they will be nerfed, I have little doubt. Devs should make a poll before though so they can know what other weaps need nerfing so we can just get it over with and quit this endless hunt for the 'OP' weapon after each patch. I want to play a monotonous nerfed up boring game sooner rather than later. Make it so!

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2011, 09:34:47 pm »

CMP for president.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2011, 09:37:10 pm »

do it and watch me still rape with the pike

Offline Zotte

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Zotte, Craftybadger
  • IRC nick: Zotte
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2011, 09:38:54 pm »
Hmm, how about a small damage nerf to both stab and overhead? -2b and -1p, while slightly increasing shield coverage to encourage shielders defending their teammates from pikes? outright removing an attack type seems a bit severe..

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2011, 09:54:43 pm »
Hmm, how about a small damage nerf to both stab and overhead? -2b and -1p, while slightly increasing shield coverage to encourage shielders defending their teammates from pikes? outright removing an attack type seems a bit severe..

no god, shields already phantomblock a stab to a horse, more shield coverage is not the answer.

and if it is, sure why not? Means less rangespam

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2011, 10:06:50 pm »
Even though more limited, awlpike + shield can also be effective in a way, since you get +50 bonus to range IIRC, and you are protected/can protect others with your shield. It's also sheathable, so I don't know why there are shielders with 2slots free that don't have something like an awlpike to back them up.

I think it's more the whole lance thing in general. Get even slightly poked, and the stun is enough for opponents to quickly surround you and/or hit you again.

I think 1 attack direction would be fine. I can say from experience 1 direction is still pretty good given the massive range.

Offline Zotte

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 12
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Zotte, Craftybadger
  • IRC nick: Zotte
« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2011, 10:27:07 pm »
no god, shields already phantomblock a stab to a horse, more shield coverage is not the answer.

and if it is, sure why not? Means less rangespam

Then either add the slight increase (1 to 2 points) to shields not useable on horseback, or make some more shields unusuable on horse and then add them to those aswell?