Author Topic: Sure is nice  (Read 9109 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Sure is nice
« on: August 02, 2011, 07:29:18 am »
To see the "official" NA servers running smoothly....

OWAIT, they're not there anymore!

Somehow this seems very unsurprising and almost as if many many people could say "I told you so" if they felt so inclined.....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:25:13 pm by Kalam »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Sure is nice
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 07:30:21 am »

Somehow this seems very unsurprising and almost as if many many people could say "I told you so" if they felt so inclined.....
Sounds as if they're moving to the home of half of our other servers..chicago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 07:36:11 am »

Someone tried to update them and broke the OS...

Regardless, they will be back soon, and yes they are being moved from Dallas to Chicago too.

For anyone who is about to say "I told you so" stop spreading rumours, nothing has happened, shush.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 07:38:19 am »
Sounds like Gorath got his panties wet in anticipation for nothing
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 07:38:57 am »
they are being moved from Dallas to Chicago too.

Retarded decision.  Oh look, lets make them have the same ping as the servers that were already there.  Leave them in Dallas so the ping is better than 100.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:39:03 am »

Speaking of smooth running servers, it's sad to see servers stuttering at barely 60 players. Can't wait to see the officials back up, the "community" servers seem to be having a few issues at the moment

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 07:40:06 am »
Retarded decision.  Oh look, lets make them have the same ping as the servers that were already there.  Leave them in Dallas so the ping is better than 100.

I do agree that a central location in a city that does not have an over-worked fiber-optic system would have been a better choice then moving them to said over-worked city... that is not in a central location...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 07:42:09 am »
Official NA server operating system encountered a semi-fatal destruction-incident. Support tickets are in at the provider and we hope to have the server back asap.

Nothing to do with Zealot being the one handling the payments.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 07:44:46 am »
Nerd rage more.
Monkeys!

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 07:47:47 am »
Regardless, they will be back soon, and yes they are being moved from Dallas to Chicago too.
Is there at least a reason for the change? I mean, at least in my head, there are wayy more reasons to stay in Dallas than move to Chicago.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 07:48:31 am »
I do agree that a central location in a city that does not have an over-worked fiber-optic system would have been a better choice then moving them to said over-worked city... that is not in a central location...

"Over-worked fiber-optic system" ...

Anyway, putting aside the fact that this isn't a series of tubes that get cluttered and we have to use Drain-O to clean the internet tubes out, someone run ten or so tracerts from California on different providers, to Chicago, then do it in Edmonton, Alberta, then in Dallas, Texas. Once that's done, do all the same tests, and run it into a Texas server from the InterNAP bandwidth network, and tell me about equality, and central locations.

I don't want to sound mean here, so I'm going to stop fucking talking.

Yes, the servers had a semi-fatal operating system error, the developers and the server provider are working asap to bring them back online, sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 07:56:26 am »
"Over-worked fiber-optic system" ...

Anyway, putting aside the fact that this isn't a series of tubes that get cluttered and we have to use Drain-O to clean the internet tubes out, someone run ten or so tracerts from California on different providers, to Chicago, then do it in Edmonton, Alberta, then in Dallas, Texas. Once that's done, do all the same tests, and run it into a Texas server from the InterNAP bandwidth network, and tell me about equality, and central locations.

I don't want to sound mean here, so I'm going to stop fucking talking.

Yes, the servers had a semi-fatal operating system error, the developers and the server provider are working asap to bring them back online, sorry for the inconvenience.

I am fully aware that no drain-o is involved, but the more "traffic" there is past a point the less priority your crap gets through. A common example is your bitching high fast internet when no one is using it, and a slightly slower upload/download speed when everyone is using it during "peak hours" for your community. Alternatively, look at how if a phone line is overused you can crash an entire section of the city for phones, such as when the idiot pop radio station near me was offering free Justin Bieber tickets... Smooth... The physical lines can take it but the system can not. You can shove as much shit down a fiber-optic line and it will not require draino, but once it gets to the end you better have something ready to interpret it all otherwise you get interesting results.

I am not talking about literally the fiber-optic cables, I said "system" which includes the servers and such, the whole entire "system."

But yes, if the whole thing runs smoothly then I will be happy.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 08:00:00 am »
The entirety of the point of creation of advanced network infrastructure's and the entire point of data centre's is we can run hundreds of servers in one place consuming massive piles of bandwidth in a super organized advanced state of upload.

We're not hosting this through Verizon's FiberOptic family plan in my closet, as Gorath wants to believe, although I'd love the ping, I wouldn't be able to get industrial fiber networks.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 08:09:40 am »
So is it moving to Chicago or not? If it is, I don't see the point in playing on it. I'll get the same shit ping as every other server there. At least with the 100 man server, I don't have to play on 50 random village with hills maps.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Zorato

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
    • BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: ZORATO_BIRD
  • IRC nick: BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 08:19:26 am »
So is it moving to Chicago or not? If it is, I don't see the point in playing on it. I'll get the same shit ping as every other server there. At least with the 100 man server, I don't have to play on 50 random village with hills maps.

ok
BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN BIRD CLAN