Author Topic: Open Field Battle  (Read 23911 times)

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The_Real_Gamers
  • Game nicks: The_Real_Gorath
Re: Open Field Battle
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ROLLLLLBAAAACCK

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2011, 04:22:29 pm »
Strategus, where relatively normal people become incredibly autistic.

Pretty accurate if we see how the latest trend is going...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2011, 04:25:15 pm »
Strategus, where relatively normal people become incredibly autistic.

Spergs will be spergs. However the entire community basically thinks the current version of strategus is a shithole, its hardly the same thing.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2011, 04:26:08 pm »
In other news we've settled on a new anthem.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2011, 04:52:33 pm »
Kinda sad that a feature put in to help the defenders SETUP before being attacked is continuously exploited to zerg down the attacker before they can even spawn 10 people.

Just the notion that a new feature that'll help people organize is put in, some (specific) people try right away and figure out how to exploit it, /shrug.

Why not enforce some sort of admin rule here? Exploit the system and enjoy key bans.

End of story. Problem solved. Would also help putting a lot of these grief gimps and sploiters in place.

I've been in a situation where we with 17 defenders vs ~150 could have zerged the enemy spawn and taken the battle but we didn't because its wrong :rolleyes:

Oh teh interwebz you mad series of tubes.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2011, 04:57:42 pm »
Kinda sad that a feature put in to help the defenders SETUP before being attacked is continuously exploited to zerg down the attacker before they can even spawn 10 people.

You've missed quite a few dev posts. chadz has clarified multiple times in threads and in IRC that he sees no problem thus far with the system. When the same events happened to dfc he insisted that we were simply "disorganized". There are apparently many disorganized clans in CRPG this triple-threat stomp just highlights the incredible lack of skill on the part of the CRPG community. Honestly it's really us who
should be ashamed, perhaps we could organize some cross-clan training sessions to improve all of our general skill level?

e: correction - dfc
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:59:49 pm by Ylca »

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2011, 04:59:09 pm »
Words

Here is the problem Nessaj, this was chadz's actual response when this was brought up.

From watching the vid, I really can't say I spotted a problem.

The spawning without gear happened because several people spawned with a piece of equipment that only exists a few times. There has never been a bug where people spawn with half their equipment.

And from the rest: All I've seen is a peasant mob trying to attack a well-trained and coordinated army - and getting repelled instantly. You can clearly see how one side is perfectly coordinated, while the other side was a bunch of farmers.

If you attack, it's up to you to be better than the defenders. Attacking is no longer a troop-comparison - you need tactics and commitment to pull off a successful attack.

This is what he intended, so you can't even argue it's an exploit. Everyone should be complaining about this so he sees that the community wants it changed.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2011, 05:08:54 pm »
Spergs will be spergs. However the entire community basically thinks the current version of strategus is a shithole, its hardly the same thing.

Oh, believe you me, I wasn't commenting on the legitimate concerns so much as the rampant bashing of other players that seems to go on in every strat related thread.

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2011, 05:09:11 pm »
I want to see this. I want to see a real example of this happening, not some theory. Because so far it was always the same: both teams spawned fully when reaching each other. Like in this battle.

Show me how you successfully exploit it and I'll change it.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12115.0/topicseen.html
Within this screenie (spoiler below) around half of the team did not spawn before the flag was captured, just under 50% of the team actually managed to spawn and were instantly surrounded, the flag was lost within the first minute. Although many claim this is 'tactics' it is just a flawed system.

Other examples include the shogunate battle : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kleiZVHrZmI  where again the flag was taken within a few seconds.
The dfc v ATS battle : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgGrZYu0TII  more contested fighting, but still the capture of the flag.
              [STR] Strangers Faction

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2011, 05:10:09 pm »
This is what he intended, so you can't even argue it's an exploit. Everyone should be complaining about this so he sees that the community wants it changed.

Isn't that comment more related to people spawning without gear? (Which I would attribute to people picking a set of gear there isn't enough of).

It is more the notion of being able to capture the enemy spawn before the enemy even has a chance to 'spawn' 1% of its army, there is no way to counter that at all. Perhaps in a fair battle for both sides with no lag the attackers could have a chance to DEFEND their spawn, but with lag it is impossible. Multiple attacker spawns should fix that though.

Anyway, there could be a million features or bugs in the mod that would allow for unfair advantages, it still wouldn't mean one should use them, that's exactly the same as regular cheating (e.g. using a hack mod).
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2011, 05:10:22 pm »
+1
chadz is secretly planning an LLJK strategus domination!!

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2011, 05:15:57 pm »
Maybe he's just a closet German ;) Blitzkrieg on spawn and all.

Offline Sharky

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Legione Italica
  • Game nicks: LEGIO_Sharkyborn_Sharkatron Legio_Lollia_Paolina Legio_Sharkatrower Legio_SharkaNukes
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2011, 05:16:51 pm »
+1
chadz i fought 6 battles this last 2 days, every battle was win by just rush the attackers. People couldn't spawn and if it did they spawned too late and already sorrounded.
Please check some of the next battles do a freeze a test or something, like now it's just flawed as hell.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2011, 05:27:16 pm »
Speaking about sploiters I'm more referring to grief matches, e.g. schedule a match at a ridiculous hour for the enemy and then don't show up. Definitely a temporary ban + removal of troops/gold from the army in question.

Was also in a match where the enemy all quit due to them realizing it was over - after having idled without spawning for 10 minutes - leaving 3 people (2 US and some EU SoA guy) on the server who did not spawn, or they did with 5 minutes in-between until when there were about ~40 tickets left they stopped spawning and just sat there waiting...

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2011, 05:47:57 pm »
Lower spawn time to 30 seconds before attackers? Problem.... solved? I mean it's worth a try.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."