Author Topic: Crossbow Needs love.  (Read 5610 times)

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
Crossbow Needs love.
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:31:17 pm »
Ok I have to say First Xbow fire 1 shot to a competent archers 3-5 arrows if your using the end teir xbow. Now couple this with the fact that reloading in the open is begging to get killed as you can't move. God forbid they also not come over to your cover to ream you as you load. I think this should mean Xbow should have either its damage back or maybe a small buff to speed. I know you all say it is a free weapon yes that is one of its benefits one of its other lesser known benefits is it can peirce shields this is based on Damage. The peirce rate was fairly rare much less common than say knockdown. I would be eternally Grateful as one of the dedicated xbowman to get atleast 80 peirce from my siege xbow or perhaps a buff in the shield peirce catagory thus giving my xbow a slight purpose vs the unholy scourge of throwing and the very balanced but still powerful Archery, I am feeling like the beaten red headed step child of ranged combat. Also to anyone who says WPF is worthless for an xbow note that 125 wpf almost doubles your attack speed with one and greatly increases accuracy. So it is worth it. I know you all hated it because people used it like a side arm but frankly I think they have all figured out that throwing is a far superior sidearm and have been using that instead. This is a plea from a Dagger wielding xbow man please allow my xbow to once again get more kills than my dagger.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
Re: Crossbow Needs love.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:48 pm »
That's exactly why you dont reload a crossbow out in the open. That's the whole point. When archering I always have a little bit of smile in my soul when I see some dummy reloading their xbow in the open.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:12:19 pm »
They didnt need to nerf xbows for damage.  maybe they should add skill to xbows instead with each skill pioint adding 8% damage like throwing or archery.  Would be better balance.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:29:56 pm »
I actually like to reload out in the open sometimes, just to test the accuracy of/taunt the enemy archers. It's surprising how many miss.

Damage or speed would be a welcomed buff. Lowering both and increasing the prices was overkill for sure.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:03:38 am »
I was saying that loading out in the open is impossible thus a supreme drawback. Loading an xbow in the open is absolute suicide so that automatically limits sane xbow positions they have to be lurking near cover. Where as archers and throwers just lock and load on the run.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 01:07:33 am »
You know what I would be perfectly fine with having a skill that increased my Xbow damage I would stack the jesus outta that and 1shot plates through a shield. Seriously! The Xbow peirces shields when it does enough dmg like a crush through. I don't think it really needs a skill I think it just needs to have its damage brought back up to a lvl worth using again. I like the Xbow because it lets be be a more effective melee hybrid I can save a few points to get more powerstrike with while still investing wpf in my xbow This allows me to not only feel cool with my xbow and fire my xbow much faster than 0 wpf assclowns it lets me be a decent melee nuiscance in a pinch. and I just use a dagger.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:19 am »
I dont like xbow atm either. :(

needs to be way more accurate to compensate poor range (ie bad arc/short flight time), and slow reload. with bow you may not be more accurate but you can counter this by arrow spam. on xbow you spend so long just reloading and missing. even the lighter xbows are still way slow and just as inaccurate, and then when you do land a lucky hit you get no kill.

even if damage is reduced, I dont care I just want it to be more like native so I can get headshots with skill at mid range instead of it being mostly random if I hit. I want it to be more skill, less luck. like in native but not quite so powerful.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:44:09 am by Banok »

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 03:43:28 am »
They didnt need to nerf xbows for damage....

I disagree. With the new lower tier armors, the 60+ PIERCE damage the Siege xbow does is good enough. The Xbows are great as they are now. I get killed by them, but not 24/7.

EDIT: Oh, I misunderstood your suggestion.

I agree with the second part of your post ^^, but the xbow damage was way too high before.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:16:20 am by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 04:01:13 am »
They didnt need to nerf xbows for damage.  maybe they should add skill to xbows instead with each skill pioint adding 8% damage like throwing or archery.  Would be better balance.

X10

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 04:03:25 am »
X-bow repair is way too costly for the effect you get from the weapon.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 04:45:36 am »
the cost really doesn't bother me its just the accuracy.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 07:42:08 am »
I agree with the OP. I think buffing siege Xbow damage to 80-85 would be a happy medium between pre-patch, and post-patch.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline bredeus

• Earl
  • Renown: 392
  • Infamy: 85
  • there must be Peace
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templars since 1096 AD
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brede
  • IRC nick: Brede
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 08:08:56 am »
Everybody needs some love, crossbows are fine :)

Offline CharlesBronson

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 01:53:04 pm »
The Sniper X-Bow is definitely broken in so much that it serves no purpose in a fluid battle. Almost nobody uses it regularly because the reload is simply too slow for it to be more than situational, and even during sieges it's often better to get 3 shots off with a crossbow than 2 with a sniper crossbow. We're really talking about its usefulness existing only for people who use x-bows at extreme ranges like FF_GeorgeWashington when he camps a corner of the map.
A reduction in price for the sniper x-bow to make it a reasonable alternative to crossbow would be nice. Reducing cost to 13k or so would be a good start, also reduce heavy crossbow to about 10k to leave a niche or it.
Ingredients for a Charles Bronson:
Heaven Hill® Bourbon Whiskey, Jim Beam® Bourbon Whiskey, Old Grandad® Bourbon Whiskey, Jim Beam® Rye Whiskey

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 02:06:09 pm »
That's exactly why you dont reload a crossbow out in the open. That's the whole point. When archering I always have a little bit of smile in my soul when I see some dummy reloading their xbow in the open.

If you go behind some cover to reload there is good chance you'll get yourself kickpolled for hiding by certain members of this idiotic community.   :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login