Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 162522 times)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2011, 02:19:03 pm »
Problem is, if I dont do the fucking Oblivion gates they are still getting on my nerves standing in that elsewise flawless beautiful Forest.

And the other Quests to make beside the Main story offer no real long time satisfaction, except for the Guilds.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2011, 03:01:52 pm »
I believe Skyrim will have identical combat as Two Worlds 2 which means one button mashing for AWESOME results :D

Two Worlds 2's combat is the complete and utter garbage version of Witcher 2's.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2011, 03:59:46 pm »
Two Worlds 2's combat is the complete and utter garbage version of Witcher 2's.

This. I hate TW2 melee system. It is SHIT.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2011, 04:03:36 pm »
ive heard there will be horse archery. :D

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2011, 04:41:57 pm »
It surely is going to be a good game, but the combat system looks like its still the same as oblivion; slice n dice. And also fast travel is still in the game which kinda ruins it alittle for me.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2011, 06:10:46 pm »
Just how much replayability and lasting fun is there in native M&B?

Exactly, out of my 800 hours of Warband, probably less than 20 hours worth of those were spent on Native, which was mainly the multiplayer. Not everyone is going to love the vanilla games, I don't personally 'love' the vanilla Morrowind and Oblivion, but once I modded them I did love them, I don't see the issue here. I love the modding scene for games, being able to make the changes you want rather than developers forcing them upon you, how is that a bad thing?.

I know I would rather the developers work on the big features and aspects of the game to deliver a solid product, so we can add our own small changes later on, which takes a few minutes at most to add something as trivial as needing food and water to survive.

It surely is going to be a good game, but the combat system looks like its still the same as oblivion; slice n dice. And also fast travel is still in the game which kinda ruins it alittle for me.

I'm repeating myself a bit now, but again, there will no doubt be a mod released on day 1 or 2 to remove the fast travel from the game for you, you can also probably just do it yourself through configs. This is why I truly love the Elder Scrolls games of this era. I myself like to keep fast travel, I wont use it unless I find I have to go back and forth to the same places too often, which does get boring when there isn't much to do along the way.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:13:45 pm by Leesin »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2011, 07:11:22 pm »
With Mods, I can turn almost any game with a big Community in to whatever I want, but that doesnt mean I need to buy all those games.Being able to customize your game some with mods is NOT a Reason to buy a game.Its more a reason NOT to buy that game if I need mods to make it enjoyable.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline BranStark

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BranStark_Astralis
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2011, 09:22:53 pm »
TES combat sucks so much balls.

Especially Oblivion. God.

Button mashing left click over and over and over and over and over without any strategy or thinking just completely killed the game for me. Total immersion breaker.

Guess I'll just be a mage....

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2011, 10:37:21 pm »
With Mods, I can turn almost any game with a big Community in to whatever I want, but that doesnt mean I need to buy all those games.Being able to customize your game some with mods is NOT a Reason to buy a game.Its more a reason NOT to buy that game if I need mods to make it enjoyable.

Then maybe it's safe to say the Elder Scrolls games just arent for you, considering their games have been huge hits, regardless of Oblivions issues, it has still been massive, it seems you just don't like them, which is fine, not everyone is going to like the same stuff.

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2011, 11:11:48 pm »
which does get boring when there isn't much to do along the way.
This is the problem. A good developer will never make traveling boring (see fallout 1,2 for example). Good game will never keep you boring. Unfortunately, it is not the case with Bethesda games.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2011, 11:47:30 pm »
+1
I love TES games and i think i have every one of them.

Arena
Daggerfall
Redguard
Battlespire
Morrowind
Oblivion

Did i miss any?

PS if any hankers for daggerfall there's a site that has made it playable for pc again i think
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 11:48:31 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2011, 12:07:56 am »
This is the problem. A good developer will never make traveling boring (see fallout 1,2 for example). Good game will never keep you boring. Unfortunately, it is not the case with Bethesda games.

You took it out of perspective, I said it's boring to travel back and forth between the same places again and again, because you go past the same stuff and the same places, you can't expect a unique event to happen everytime.

No RPG exists nowadays, where everytime you travel back and forth between the same location again and again, some cool unique stuff happens. In every game, if you travel back and forth between the same places, you will soon get bored, which is when I use the fast travel option.

Plus Elder Scrolls games have always been packed with side quests and random encounters.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:09:37 am by Leesin »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2011, 04:15:46 pm »
Then maybe it's safe to say the Elder Scrolls games just arent for you, considering their games have been huge hits, regardless of Oblivions issues, it has still been massive, it seems you just don't like them, which is fine, not everyone is going to like the same stuff.

Did I say I didnt like em?I loved Morrowind and played Oblivion eagerly for a while.

Especially Morrowind was just awesome, but I missed it´s freedom in Oblivion, alongside with several other flaws that made the game not as good as it could have been(Of course Oblivion had some nice ideas, too - just remember the Painter Quest)

All I was saying is that I would really prefer some kind of game like I posted, but Developers today hardly go new ways because they fear a flop.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2011, 11:53:54 pm »
OMGOMGOMG

I take back Everything I said

I just watched 25 minutes of the finest gameplay footage in Game history, it was so unbelievably epic.

I instantly preordered Skyrim and, well....My formerly black Keyboard is white now.

If the game just holds half as much as the trailers promise, this game will be so epic...

Offline Razzen

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razzen
  • IRC nick: Razzen
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2011, 03:01:53 pm »