Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 162503 times)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2011, 11:52:50 pm »
Well, Oblivion had a lot of awfull things, which have ruined fun like quest radar, quicktravel to unknown places, levelscaling (yeah it is quite funny to fight a horde of trolls with a thief, not to metion the common bandits with their epic equipment) and a weak main story ( aaw, it´s the end of the world, but wait. there is enough time to become the master of the thiefs guild ... and the assassins ... and maybe mage guild as well.

And if a game needs a lot of mods to be good, then it is crap.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2011, 12:01:08 am »

Erm what, you were never forced to follow the storyline in Elder Scrolls games, there were a ton of other things to do, you never had to play the main quest if you didn't want to, but you can't expect them not to include a main story because people do like to do them. Plus as I mentioned before, the Elder Scrolls games have always been hugely moddable, there are a ton of mods for Morrowind and Oblivion that tottally change the game, including mods that make it so you must eat, drink, sleep etc and they are usually made very soon after game release.

Really?If the Main story isnt so important Why do I happen to stumble upon some fucking Oblivion gates every 2 inches?And the Way the Story is built up it just leaves you no sense making choice like Mala said.And I would like to have such features without a mod for once.Fallout 3 vegas Devs did it, cant be so hard.

Morrowind indeed was fun.It was somewhat more like the game I described, without such a shitty story forced up on my ass.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline BranStark

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BranStark_Astralis
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2011, 01:35:12 am »
Oblivion gates don't' activate if you don't go to Kvatch.

The more you know....

Offline Mala

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2011, 01:47:47 am »
That is just a gamemechanic, and a poor one.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2011, 02:33:25 am »
Oblivions main story was very very poor.

Fortunately I couldn't give a crap about the main story and spent more time exploring. And if I ever got bored, there were the citizens of the towns to slaughter :twisted:

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2011, 02:58:38 am »
c-rpg needs that horned helmet

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2011, 04:13:46 am »
From what I have seen in the gameplays its just Oblivion with a enhanced graphics, especially shaders are finally fucking fixed. I couldnt get them to work properly in Oblivion no matter how many mods I struggled to install and configure, it just wouldnt work good enough.

Other than that I didnt see any improvement at all in that piece of crap combat system, its just as horrible as it was. FPS melee fights are generally idiotic but Elder Scrolls games exceed the scale.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2011, 05:06:53 am »
Oblivion's combat and story were definitely utter crap. I doubt Skyrim will be as good as Witcher 2. Now that game set the bar.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2011, 05:09:26 am »
Magic system looks pretty interesting.

Offline Mala

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2011, 10:13:22 am »
Only a dead mage is a good mage.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2161
  • Infamy: 2886
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2011, 12:05:45 pm »
I believe Skyrim will have identical combat as Two Worlds 2 which means one button mashing for AWESOME results :D

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2011, 12:42:52 pm »

Really?If the Main story isnt so important Why do I happen to stumble upon some fucking Oblivion gates every 2 inches?And the Way the Story is built up it just leaves you no sense making choice like Mala said.And I would like to have such features without a mod for once.Fallout 3 vegas Devs did it, cant be so hard.

Morrowind indeed was fun.It was somewhat more like the game I described, without such a shitty story forced up on my ass.

You don't have to do the Oblivion gates, is my point. Please don't bring Fallout NV into this, it's not an Elder Scrolls game and it's a pretty dull game altogether, it's Fallout 3 with a different story and Fallout 3 got boring alot faster than any Elder Scrolls games I've played. I couldn't even force myself to finish the New Vegas storyline, or even care to explore the plain, boring world.

Neither is it hard to download and install a tiny mod for the game, so if the devs don't include it, you can include it yourself, which is the beauty of these games, even Fallout 3 and New Vegas have a ton of mods made for them, that 'game mode' you are describing was made in mods for Morrowind, Oblivion and even Fallout 3 and they are all tiny mods that are quick to install.

Offline Mala

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2011, 02:08:40 pm »
No its not hard to install a mod, but why has to be a mod necessary to make a good game out of a crap one?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »
Well, think about it, there are very popular games that do this. Oblivion for an example, or think about the Total War series.

They make the basics of it, and then they throw a bone to the community to alter the game the way they want.

This is a method of making your game unique and popular to the players, giving them the freedom to do anything with it.
It's kinda the same with Warband, am I right?

The bugs, on the other hand, well Bethesda is very well known for that, I doubt it will change.  :mrgreen:

Anyways, it's not a bad thing.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2011, 02:18:47 pm »
No its not hard to install a mod, but why has to be a mod necessary to make a good game out of a crap one?

Just how much replayability and lasting fun is there in native M&B?