Author Topic: Nerf Arbalest!  (Read 17209 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: Nerf Arbalest!
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2011, 12:16:54 am »
+1
That's the main problem :
An item being balanced when it's raining... i mean... lol
Does that means it's overpowered when it's sunny ?
We had cav maps, and know, we also have "weather maps".

Well no, and here is why: I could be dealing with peak conditions in this game and still be totally nullified if on an open field map or a map that doesn't have alot of cover for me to work with and reload behind. With a nearly 3 second reload time even at masterworked lvl and 130 wpf i'll be a sitting duck on many cav maps. Crossbows are only ideal on certain maps in certain conditions. I mean, is cav OP just because it stomps on everybody else in open field maps? Archery and throwing are the more versatile ranged builds, but they do less damage hit per hit. Their effectiveness also isn't affected by weather conditions like a crossbows. Not to mention the fact that the repair rate for the arbalest is damn near 2k now and will break pretty frequently for anyone that doesn't have a dedicated lvl of wpf in xbow. As it stands, the Arbalest is fine.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2011, 02:11:16 am »
Statistics show that on average, crossbowmen account for a paltry 5% of a team's kills.
You do realize that statistic doesn't tell us anything about balance unless we know what percentage of active players are crossbowmen, right?

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2011, 02:16:44 am »
+1
All the other crossbows are fine I think, but the Arbalest is seriously OP.

I was one-shotted by Fallen_With_Stupid's [Masterwork] Arbalest while I was in 38 body armor. I have 21 strength and 7 ironflesh. There was no speed bonus, because he was right in front of me.

I don't just have a MW arb, but MW steel bolts as well. No matter what butthurt melee players say, oneshotting is actualy kind of rare.  All of these people who seem to think most hits are kills are dead wrong.  The last patch already nerfed the hell out of my reload time as well as the bolt damage.  If you really want to see Arbs nerfed even more, just wait for it to rain (which it seems to do every other map).  How much would 2h's cry if their weapon power and speed went down 30% every other map?  Kill this thread, it's just stupid... Still love ya though Miley :) but you've got some extra bolts headed your way now :twisted:
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline D_the_Barbarian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
    • View Profile
    • I have no website
  • Faction: none
  • Game nicks: D_the_Barbarian and Millions of alts like D_the_Female.
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2011, 03:19:29 am »
It doesn't need a nerf, as adam bomb said, one shot kills are very rare and I've never been one shotted with the exeption for when i wear a red tunic with 7 body armor, and the reload speed is just terrible on the arb.
On a similar note, it is imperative to carry smoke bombs. Archers get confused because they're so ineffective that they pause to wonder why, so they end up being as effective as intended.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2011, 12:28:30 pm »
I once one shot Xant when he was wearing 50+ body armor (and I'm sure that bastard had some IF as well), and wasnt even point blank. I call OP!

Offline sWalker

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2011, 03:56:00 pm »
Agreed Darkkarma...the arbalest and all the other xbows are in balance right now.  If you give archers back there pre-patch speed, we would be able to shoot the xbowmen before they hide and reload.  As it is right now the arrow doesn't make it in time.  That is why you see more alive at the end of the round one shoting you(as it should if it hits you...it's a 900 yard weapon).

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2011, 04:49:57 pm »

Offline ReLeNtLeSs

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Your tears fuel my Power Draw.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Falllen_ReLeNtLeSs
  • IRC nick: ReLeNtLeSs
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2011, 04:54:00 pm »
Agreed Darkkarma...the arbalest and all the other xbows are in balance right now.  If you give archers back there pre-patch speed, we would be able to shoot the xbowmen before they hide and reload.  As it is right now the arrow doesn't make it in time.  That is why you see more alive at the end of the round one shoting you(as it should if it hits you...it's a 900 yard weapon).

Am I the only one that noticed that they gave us our speed back with the new patch, or am I going insane?  :shock:

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2011, 05:21:38 pm »
Okay, next patch arbalest gets 90 speed.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2011, 05:28:13 pm »
Okay, next patch arbalest gets 90 speed.

Failsader.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2011, 05:33:10 pm »
+1
Fasader's not lying.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2011, 05:41:19 pm »
Everytime something gets too buffed or too nerfed, I blame the community for making fail biased threads or posts and creating messes...

We do get what we ask for... Scary when you think about it...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2011, 05:43:53 pm »
All the other crossbows are fine I think, but the Arbalest is seriously OP.

I was one-shotted by Fallen_With_Stupid's [Masterwork] Arbalest while I was in 38 body armor. I have 21 strength and 7 ironflesh. There was no speed bonus, because he was right in front of me.

I have a mw arbalest and mw steelbolts and I dont even oneshoot middle armoured people, if they are (quite) far away.
and I surely do not oneshoot heavy armoured with 7 IF and 21 str, neither does anyone else. maybe you were on a horse?
I dont know about close shots, as I usually rather do them at rounds end. but an arrow shot at you at close range does hurt alot aswell.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:46:45 pm by Nihtgenga »

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2011, 05:45:14 pm »
+1
u mad, crossbow haters?
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2011, 05:46:34 pm »
u mad, crossbow haters?

Too busy laughing at all the threads for next patch that will over react as usual.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.