Author Topic: BARMACE!@$@#%#!@^  (Read 8496 times)

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
Re: BARMACE!@$@#%#!@^
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2011, 08:08:48 am »
I know the problem!

On the AU server you need to downblock to stop barmace crushthrough, guys.  If you don't reverse it, it won't work, because your server is upside down there.  The cRPG base code was made for the Northern Hemisphere, so it works different than you'd expect.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2011, 08:43:25 am »
oh no guys bar mace totally op D: D: D:

Option 1. Just dodge it, for the love of god, take advantage of his slow speed + low range. If you have any footwork the barmace spammers are almost free kills.

Option 2. Or if you want to gamble and be fancy: As soon as you see him trying to overhead you, Jump and overhead chamber it, and kill him. If it works for me and I am clearly some awful player in comparison to you guys, it will work better for you. Right?
Quick explanation for those who don't know: Crushthrough weapons CAN crush through chamber blocks. However, if you jump and prepare your overhead swing after he starts his, you catch his attack earlier in the animation while it is traveling at a lower speed, so it will not crush through. Since you are so close proximity to the player, it is also almost a guaranteed chamber if you know how to time chambers. Some practice required.
I did not mention in this post, that the Crushthrough users are the specific hard counter to shield users, and that is their niche. They can still do OK in melee battles but not vs people of equal skill. Any ranged weapon will kill them -- or any faster weapon, or any longer weapon.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:47:30 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2011, 09:23:40 am »
I really have no Problem with Crush throug and i dont think it should be deleted!But...wy have this Crush Through to be an In-stand kill??

Wy not reducing the damage you get to 1/4 like you Blockt the most Power and get the rest of it!

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2011, 10:29:27 am »
Problem: Heirloomed Bar Mace aka Heavy Bar Mace

Estimated visible crushthrough chance: 80% (aka great maul on speed - wtf)

To the dummies thinking you can swing twice, jump around, cast magic shield potion, do other stupid crap on a 92 speed weapon with 95 range, its not possible. Stop being retarded.

Don't have a problem with regular bar mace. It's fine. It's the heirloomed version. It needs its crushthrough rate to remain the same as regular Bar Mace.

Offline McCart

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 11:23:38 am »
lol whiners.
theres no chance for crushthru , depends on weight , ps , speed bonus + you have to hold the attack for some sec.

you can kill easily a crushthru guy with speed , footwork and timing.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:24:41 am by McCart »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 12:14:27 pm »
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but you can crush through chamber blocks just fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2011, 12:59:54 pm »
crusher is a powerful dedicated char much like HA. but unlike HA a crusher is extremely counterable in many ways.

I agree that if anything needs change is the way block crush works, its kind of stupid mechanics (ie. doesn't factor shield skill/shield armour)

but I feel most the complainers here are shield users saying the following:

dear devs,
nerf rock
paper is fine tho
Regards, scissors.

It's not just shield counter, it's anti-melee counter. If used by someone who know how to block, it's impossible to counter in melee. It's just stupid that in melee game there is weapon that can't be countered by most other melee weapon. No, i don't think that it should be hard counter to melee in this game.

I did not mention in this post, that the Crushthrough users are the specific hard counter to shield users, and that is their niche. They can still do OK in melee battles but not vs people of equal skill. Any ranged weapon will kill them -- or any faster weapon, or any longer weapon.

Bullshit.
I really have no Problem with Crush throug and i dont think it should be deleted!But...wy have this Crush Through to be an In-stand kill??

Wy not reducing the damage you get to 1/4 like you Blockt the most Power and get the rest of it!

Exactly, i have no problem with damaging me trough the block, i have problem with the fact that in current mechanic once you are hit by overhead, you are dead as you can only pray that crusher is distracted and hit by something else (as you are stunlocked and crusher can repeat this forever). Broken mechanic need a fix.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:05:59 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2011, 01:19:24 pm »
wait morningstar lost crushthrough? aw man, i was gonna go back to 2h and use my morningstar from horseback for super crushtrough. Hmm, can i use a barmace on a horse?
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2011, 01:20:41 pm »
wait morningstar lost crushthrough? aw man, i was gonna go back to 2h and use my morningstar from horseback for super crushtrough. Hmm, can i use a barmace on a horse?

Yes. At least people used to do it.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 02:07:31 pm »
Yes, and also the Maul for massive fun :D
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Urban Hawk

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2011, 02:57:25 pm »
Just take out crushthrough from the game, otherwise soon we will have a new plauge on our hands :  The Crushthrough revolution.

It has happened on AU. Every man and their horse is starting to pull them out.

I wonder if all these people saying their easy to counter and dodge have ever fought against them. Every weapon has its strengths and weaknesses. If a weapon is good at ranged melee, you step in n kill them close, and vice versa. vs barmace you stay at range n its easy for them to block your attacks. you go close and the overhead spam starts n its GG. For those that say dodge, sure, ill take off all my armor so im fast enough to duck in and out, and then where does that leave me? riddled with arrows n throwing weps, cold n dead on the floor. Its not even like the barmace is short either, its close enough to everything else that your only a quick step in away from hitting a polearm at ranged. Its a joke.

Offline Zaleck

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The Darkness is coming
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zaleck_BlackCompany, Fallen_Zaleck,Fallen_BloodSeeker_Xaleck
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2011, 02:35:35 pm »
Wow u guys are for real about the barmace. The only real way to take out a bar mace is either u shoot him with bow and arrow opppsss no u can't do that cause u whinners nerfed acrhery so your only other option is throwing weapons. Barmace is the counter to sword and board. There are many ways to take out a barmace guy either be a better player for 1, get a faster weapon with reach or get a range weapon. If u want balance use a different weapon. Stop with the bicthing. First with archery now u want nerf barmaces cause u suck plain and simple. Sorry if I hurt Anyone feelings but that opinion.
JRLII

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2011, 02:44:12 pm »
Wow u guys are for real about the barmace.

Yeah, well eventually whiners will get crushthrough removed completely. But they have to do it one weapon at a time. As soon as barmace is nerfed, they'll start on the Great Maul (again) or some other weapon.

Ridiculous, isn't it? Gradually the (very rare and difficult) 2hander Cav build will be destroyed. MS was a terrible weapon, the only thing it was good for was 2hander cav for the horse speed bonus or really high strength builds. And high strength builds are harder now, so I don't know why its gone. Soon there will be no 2handers with crushthrough for cav, and we'll be left with bumpslash only kills. Then people will get that mechanic removed too.
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2011, 03:05:48 pm »
I have no problem against crush through usually, I say nerf the whiners or start a tutorial server where they can go and learn how to play.

Crush through is only really at an advantage when you're funneled into a tight area forced to engage in a losing battle against the mighty overhead swing of a crush through weapon, if you're smart you wouldn't place yourself in that situation & if you're pro, you'll defeat your opponent in that situation.

Almost every map has different routes for flanking and other such purposes, you are not exactly FORCED to go 'trololololol' and walk into the short, slow, unbalanced overhead swing of a super slow str build.

NERF THE WHINE. it's not that hard to backpeddle and swing a long weapon, pretty much neutralizes most crush through weapons unless their user is an efficient manual blocker.

No offense to those having trouble but come on.

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2011, 03:21:12 pm »
NERF THE WHINE. it's not that hard to backpeddle and swing a long weapon, pretty much neutralizes most crush through weapons unless their user is an efficient manual blocker.

Er, yeah, it really is. Try running backwards faster than some guy with 15 agi (therefore 5 Athletics) is running forwards...even without swinging at him!

And again, people that pick barmace aren't necessarily mentally challenged and unable to manual block; most people can block a swing or two and then crush through your block  :rolleyes: