Author Topic: BARMACE!@$@#%#!@^  (Read 8479 times)

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
Re: BARMACE!@$@#%#!@^
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 02:18:32 am »
with 15 agi he can't have 150 wpf :rolleyes: I was suggesting maybe make a new char if you're determined to beat this guy though, it only takes a couple of hours to reach lvl 20.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 02:40:03 am »
Same as AGI build with great maul. Nerf both.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 02:42:47 am »
Hm I think nerf the chance of its crushthrough , not remove it completely and change the barmace's price to something like 10kish.

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 02:54:47 am »
Price will do nothing. If I'm kicking ass with a weapon I'm not going to stop using it because of 500 upkeep versus 250.  The crush through chance needs to drop for higher PS users so others can block and "hope" it works instead of never working and dying. Don't care about bar mace if you have 5 PS. It's when you are a high str that the thing becomes an unstoppable killing machine (literally unstoppable lol)

Have no idea what his WPP is now, was 150 or something. I imagine its as high as it can possibly be. Definitely past 100 that's for sure.

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 03:19:23 am »
Sword is a farsight easier to use than the barmace, I really urge you to somehow try out the barmace and see for yourself.

Offline indigocylinder

• Knight
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 03:26:48 am »
The barmace itself is fine I think. It's fairly slow and only rarely will it crush through...

However, the heirloomed barmace is something else entirely. It crushes through far more often and in competent hands is almost unbeatable with conventional melee weapons one on one. I suspect the people in this thread who have been saying it rarely crushes through have not faced this variant very often, but it has absolutely dominated the server I play on for several days now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:28:15 am by indigocylinder »

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 03:33:27 am »
Heirloomed barmace loses speed :wink: Also it would take incredible amounts of time to get to the fully heirloomed barmace.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:37:48 am by slothscott »

Offline indigocylinder

• Knight
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 03:36:17 am »
Not so much speed that would allow me to get in a hit when it is their turn to swing if they use an overhead, so the loss in speed is almost irrelevant.

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 03:39:03 am »
So you're suggesting maybe instead of gaining weight after heirlooms maybe gaining speed or maybe just damage.

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 03:39:17 am »
That is not accurate, especially if the Str build concentrates on blocking first then counterattacking:

STR Build
21/15

IF 7
PS 7
WPF 149

vs

AGility Build
12/24

IF 4
PS 4
WPF 173

The Extra 24 wpf will not let the agility guy hit you again after his attack turn is over and yours is about to begin.  The only thing he can do is try moving or jumping out of the way.  If he does that he will forefit his attack phase letting you attack with overhead again.  In this way in 2 to 3 overhead strikes you can chase an agility guy into the grave as long as you keep your head straight and follow him quickly. 

Like I said crushthrough in the way Crpg is now makes no sense at all.  The mechanics of the game simply favour this style of play too much.

I agree. There's also throwing, which is a bit too popular, but there are plenty of other threads for that.

But to the point, I've been killed by the bar mace's overhead blockcrush a few too many times.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 04:07:48 am »
Maybe there are some misunderstanding. I have 2h char with 18str, barmace is my favourite weapon, it rarely crushtrhoug but 1hit kill quite often, due low armor and no IF invested, still people scream nerf in chat as they think they where killed due crushtrhoug.

To have guarantede crushtrhoug I've made char with 24str and 15agi, it's very slow, you need to be skilled to play such char effectively, so I don't think that nerfing weapon just because some of the players are good in using them is a valid approach.

I think it should be nerfed until you can type crush through correctly.

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 04:52:17 am »
slothscott, are you Octopussy? Same armour and banner and you use a bar mace.

Also it would take incredible amounts of time to get to the fully heirloomed barmace.

I was under the impression that the latest patch was meant to remove most of the ridiculously good rewards for no-life grinding. Just because something takes ages to get, doesn't make it fair for the other players who get owned by it.

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 04:55:43 am »
If you read above I was all for changing the stats of heirloomed barmace so that crushthrough chance is not increased.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 05:22:20 am »
Every "class" in cRPG has its strong environments and its weak environments.  The bar mace is scary against the athletically slow, slow attackers, and the heavily armoured.  The bar mace is weak against the fast, fast attackers, and projectile-based classes.  As a lightly armoured 1h user I find them formidable but not too frightening on the whole.  I'm fast enough that I can dodge most overhead swings and I almost never get crushthrough-ed on side to side swings.  In my favour I have my comparatively high weapon speed, athletics, and little worry for enemy archers (who either hit my shield or don't aim at us at all) while the bar mace warrior must avoid oncoming projectiles.  Right now I'm a fair[ish] match for Wallace in his post-retirement form.

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 08:39:28 am »
Diomedes you have no idea.

It's clear to me now. Regular bar mace = OK.

Heirloomed bar mace = Not OK.

I realized now Octo uses a Heavy Bar Mace, meaning its heirloomed. The thing just destroys everyone because its fast enough, long enough, and unblockable. There is no magical jump out of the way or hit twice and all the other stupid crap people are making up in this thread lol.

You either:

a. Run
b. Try to run circles around him spamming with a quick 1h weapon and pray it works
c. Swing with your longer polearm / 2h and back peddle, repeat, maybe 2 times at most, until his caught up and you are dead. Try jumping sideways and shit now lol

I dont mind it having more damage and speed, its the crush through rate that's pwning everyone. Its unblockable.