Author Topic: BARMACE!@$@#%#!@^  (Read 8489 times)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: BARMACE!@$@#%#!@^
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2011, 12:50:14 am »
You're pretty much wrong with these wonderbarmace stories. I have a 30str/10ps character and i fail to crush through alot of times (non heirloomed barmace). It's also really slow and short, vs a barmace guy i just use my sword, dodge the first attack and swing, usually works. I've seen some players always crush through but they have 3 agi builds and heirloomed barmaces. Their character can't do anything else and is even slower.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 01:07:57 am »
You're pretty much wrong with these wonderbarmace stories. I have a 30str/10ps character and i fail to crush through alot of times (non heirloomed barmace). It's also really slow and short, vs a barmace guy i just use my sword, dodge the first attack and swing, usually works. I've seen some players always crush through but they have 3 agi builds and heirloomed barmaces. Their character can't do anything else and is even slower.

And if he BLOCKS ?
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2011, 01:22:05 am »
I've never had a barmace crush through my blocks, i use mostly a pike with 6 powerstrike and it never crushes through.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2011, 01:25:50 am »
I've never had a barmace crush through my blocks, i use mostly a pike with 6 powerstrike and it never crushes through.

Come play on the Australian server for a bit. The issue, as has been stated, is the heirloomed barmace.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 01:37:30 am »
Barmace is one of the few effectice choices for the pute str build. Great maul is the slowrst thing in the world. Boulder lightened but madr slower and morningstar has lossed its ability to crush altogether. Anyone thats watching will block ur side swings and aslong as youve got over 120 wpf in ur wep u can out speed preety much any of these weps. The bar mace is fine just suck it up.
Turtles

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2011, 01:39:07 am »
Barmace is one of the few effectice choices for the pute str build. Great maul is the slowrst thing in the world. Boulder lightened but madr slower and morningstar has lossed its ability to crush altogether. Anyone thats watching will block ur side swings and aslong as youve got over 120 wpf in ur wep u can out speed preety much any of these weps. The bar mace is fine just suck it up.

Barmace is broken, suck it up.

You can really strike two times against it in a row, so barmace user kill opponent after first block.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:41:02 am by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2011, 01:55:21 am »
With my huscarl shield I've never been able to block an overhead attack from BRD Linden's bar mace. Maybe once, but no more. I also think it should have the crush through taken away. That it does scary blunt damage with good speed and reach (for blunt) makes it an excellent weapon for 2H-users to use against heavy armor. That is its role. Crushing through shields should be saved for the great hammer, which is balanced just fine.

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2011, 02:02:19 am »
aslong as youve got over 120 wpf in ur wep u can out speed preety much any of these weps

I still don't get why people think this is the case. As we (Australians) have said, we've got one guy on our server who has 24 str and 15 agi with an heirloomed barmace. The bar mace has 93 speed, so with 15 agi you can have 149 WPF (assuming they use WM). Certainly it isn't lightning fast, but it's definitely fast enough that you can't swing while they are doing an overhead.

I think one of the main issues is that this guy was always an amazing player: probably one of the best duellists on the server. That's the problem; he can block a bloody swing! (something most posters here seem to think is impossible in this game :rolleyes: ) The heirloomed barmace doesn't crushthrough on every overhead (maybe 20-50% or so when the victim has a reasonably weighty weapon); but this guy has absolutely no problem blocking 1 or 2 (or even 4 or 5 swings) before he gets a crushthrough - hell, what half decent cRPG player doesn't have a problem blocking a few swings?? So, while he blocks our swings and we block his overheads, it's fair (close to same speed, we've got a little longer range, he's got knockdown and high damage); the problem is that after a few overheads, it's goes from a skilful duel to him smashing through our block and killing us. Essentially, we have to hope that his defence fails on our first two or three swings (not that 2 or 3 swings could kill him...), otherwise we've lost.

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2011, 02:10:26 am »
The bar mace has 93 speed, so with 15 agi you can have 149 WPF (assuming they use WM).
An heirloomed barmace will have less than that old patch and even now I think barmace lost 1 speed so its impossible to have 93 speed.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 02:12:05 am »
I still don't get why people think this is the case. As we (Australians) have said, we've got one guy on our server who has 24 str and 15 agi with an heirloomed barmace. The bar mace has 93 speed, so with 15 agi you can have 149 WPF (assuming they use WM). Certainly it isn't lightning fast, but it's definitely fast enough that you can't swing while they are doing an overhead.

I think one of the main issues is that this guy was always an amazing player: probably one of the best duellists on the server. That's the problem; he can block a bloody swing! (something most posters here seem to think is impossible in this game :rolleyes: ) The heirloomed barmace doesn't crushthrough on every overhead (maybe 20-50% or so when the victim has a reasonably weighty weapon); but this guy has absolutely no problem blocking 1 or 2 (or even 4 or 5 swings) before he gets a crushthrough - hell, what half decent cRPG player doesn't have a problem blocking a few swings?? So, while he blocks our swings and we block his overheads, it's fair (close to same speed, we've got a little longer range, he's got knockdown and high damage); the problem is that after a few overheads, it's goes from a skilful duel to him smashing through our block and killing us. Essentially, we have to hope that his defence fails on our first two or three swings (not that 2 or 3 swings could kill him...), otherwise we've lost.

Mob him with throwers armed with throwing lances and boulders on a stick. Duel that...  :twisted:
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 02:21:02 am »
An heirloomed barmace will have less than that old patch and even now I think barmace lost 1 speed so its impossible to have 93 speed.

Yeah, sorry, forgot that the heirloom takes off 1 speed. Still, 92 speed isn't exactly slow. Hell, poleaxes are slower than that!

Mob him with throwers armed with throwing lances and boulders on a stick. Duel that...  :twisted:

We have a small server, so the type of people on seems to come in waves. Often it's mostly 2H/polearms on, other times there's lots of archers and/or throwers (I hate those times...). But yeah, whenever throwers are on they'll try to go for him. Usually the way to take him down is to mob him or sneak up on him. That's fine, except his team mates will follow him around, so it's not easy to mob him at all.

Ultimately, it shouldn't take a whole team of 12 or so to collaborate in order to take him down. Then again, this has to happen to take down a few other players as well (namely guys with heirloomed shields and spammitars).

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 02:25:33 am »
Just because a server doesn't have the players to counter something doesn't mean it needs nerfing. If you hate it so much then make an archer/thrower/xbow.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 02:37:03 am »

I think that melee builds should have good chance to fight against each other 1vs1. If it's not the case, something is unbalanced. It's same thing as horse archer or cavalry who required teamwork to put down. It's overpowered.

Main problem lies in crush mechanic, it's broken. I would love to see proper crushing in the game, but until someone code it, we are left with imbalanced like fuck mechanic that is not suitable for this mod. Sucks but true.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2011, 06:47:02 am »
crusher is a powerful dedicated char much like HA. but unlike HA a crusher is extremely counterable in many ways.

I agree that if anything needs change is the way block crush works, its kind of stupid mechanics (ie. doesn't factor shield skill/shield armour)

but I feel most the complainers here are shield users saying the following:

dear devs,
nerf rock
paper is fine tho
Regards, scissors.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:53:48 am by Banok »

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile