Poll

Split NA and EU for more reasonable battle time?

Yea
No
Some other solution (spliting the continent etc.)

Author Topic: Waking up at 6 am  (Read 16835 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: Waking up at 6 am
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2011, 10:41:26 am »
Don't mind Lolwen and his blabbing lads, he's just a fail troll and he's probably very high all the time during his forum posting.  :wink:

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2011, 10:42:48 am »
this thread: retarded imagemacros and babbies that need their 12 hour beautysleeps. Seriously 6am isng that bad especially if youre working.
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2011, 10:42:54 am »
Don't mind Lolwen and his blabbing lads, he's just a fail troll and he's probably very high all the time during his forum posting.  :wink:

Dont steal my thunder!

Now my post is forgotten on the previous page, DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUU
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:46:07 am by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2011, 10:45:23 am »
this thread: retarded imagemacros and babbies that need their 12 hour beautysleeps. Seriously 6am isng that bad especially if youre working.

Hell yea i want my beauty sleep, FFS i dont want to look like you!

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2011, 10:47:54 am »
+1
What i suggest:

1) 2 big continents (the second one is entirely new with new maps, we have plenty of new village maps). The second continent has the amount of fiefs calculated by the difference in the Strategus playerbase of NA and EU (i.e. current Calradia has 100 fiefs and 17,000 players. 10,000 of these players are EU, 7000 of them are from NA. Then new Strategus will be with Calradia and 100 fiefs for EU servers only, new continent with 70 fiefs for NA servers only). And i would like to see 10-15 islands between continents with variable server (the one who defends it defines the server).

2) Fixed time windows for players. 16:00 - 00:00 for both continents with their local time

3) Make it possible to pass through the water only by using ships. Sea battles would be great

4) Make roads, so the army which moves using a road has a speed bonus and the one which doesn't has a speed penalty. Same for different types of ground.

5) Make less radius of vision

6) Wipe this strategus only after we test everything

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2011, 10:50:37 am »
Yea thats all awesome but the problem is: can it be done?

And if it can: how long will it take? a year, two years, three?

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:11 am »
+1
Yea thats all awesome but the problem is: can it be done?

And if it can: how long will it take? a year, two years, three?

if someone will do it for chadz it will be done in 2 weeks i guess

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2011, 11:02:15 am »

hell yea i need my sleep and i aint waking up 4-5-6 am for a fucking game anymore and neither should you. fuck it was retarded of me the first couple of times tbh.

and for the love of god change your avatar there are minors roaming this forums also u know.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2011, 11:03:34 am »
Seriously 6am isng that bad especially if youre working.

You understand that 6am is when most working adults are up, around and gone/going to work already right?  Hence no participation.  Unless you plan to be late for work.
Or you're a swing shifter, in which case you're getting up WAY earlier than you need to for work, causing you to swap schedules so that work is the last thing you do in the day and so you're more tired during your shift than is healthy.
Or you're a graveyard worker in which case you're probably JUST getting home from work.  That's not bad.  So how many people in cRPG work graveyard?  Show of hands?
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2011, 11:10:14 am »
I usually wake up before 6 am at weekdays to get ready for work. Today I woke before 4 to fight against Dusturil again.

If you go to sleep early, you wake up early :)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2011, 11:18:54 am »
bind the timezone to the area the fight takes and divide the current map into two timezone areas

something like this

these areas can be proportionate to the amount of players NA and EU have right now
if a clan has eu and na players they would pretty much want to sit on the border of those timezones, where na players could deal on one side and eu on the other

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2011, 12:51:41 pm »
I hope chadz at least considers some of the easier to implement options here.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2011, 12:54:25 pm »
+5

A line like this can only come from the keyboard of a semi-retarded good-for-nothing, Miss-Piggy-look-a-like piece of shit, who does nothing in his real life except growing even more fat & useless then he already is........someday in the future people might run out of pigs to slaughter, for serving them (their products) on their holiday tables, and when that happens I'm sure that swines like you will be on top of priority lists to fill the substantial gaps between the supply and demand. Until that happens you might wanna keep your idiotic comments to yourself, since most of us have (probably) at least once in our lives witnessed the slaughtering of a pig and I'm certain that it's last squeaks made more sense then your posts in this forum.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2011, 01:21:20 pm »
I actually prefer the system as is. The problems you guys are giving is, the time which the battle takes place and the ping problem, but you see you cannot have both the problems, since attackers pick the time but they have bad ping. I don't know what you ppl are bitching about; The FCC had been attacked at 5 AM eastern by the mercs but you don't see us with like 10 ppl showing up for the battle since, our diplomats go around to other clans teamspeaks and vents looking for trustworthy members that would play for us, who assures us that they would be on at the time of the battle.

something like this

these areas can be proportionate to the amount of players NA and EU have right now
if a clan has eu and na players they would pretty much want to sit on the border of those timezones, where na players could deal on one side and eu on the other
[/quote]

This is just the dumbest thing ever, please explain how this fixes any problems. This basically just cripples the defenders; lets say a NA clan captures some EU territory, and Eu goes and tries to capture it back, the NA clan would have bad ping and a horrible time in the day.

What you people need to do is just get your priorities in order, its all you decision; if you think this is more important that work by all means take a vacation day, if not just get some one to merc for you.

I love the idea of defenders have the advantage, which they do because of the ping, the time  isn't that big of a problem, since if i just search i'm sure i can  enough people that are willing to wake up at 5am in order to participate in it. I hate the idea of two Continents because i don't believe any land should be harder to take or defend than any other land.

1) 2 big continents (the second one is entirely new with new maps, we have plenty of new village maps). The second continent has the amount of fiefs calculated by the difference in the Strategus playerbase of NA and EU (i.e. current Calradia has 100 fiefs and 17,000 players. 10,000 of these players are EU, 7000 of them are from NA. Then new Strategus will be with Calradia and 100 fiefs for EU servers only, new continent with 70 fiefs for NA servers only). And i would like to see 10-15 islands between continents with variable server (the one who defends it defines the server).

That is just utter bullshit, the EU server having more fiefs, more villages=More troops, owning a town gives you 2 troops an hour instead of 1.
I think the map should just be expanded, but any clan no matter EU or NA should be able to take any fief they want.

PS. if you don't want to fight in dreadful hours or have bad ping, Don't start wars with the clans from the other continent.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2011, 01:41:59 pm »
First of all: i do work in three shifts model, so all the times are fitting/crazy for me, depending on what shift i have that day.

Secondly: playing as EU on NA server and vice versa sucks balls, hard to do anything with 190 ping, say what you want, SUCKS.

And, on more serious note: I say delete strategus. Just remove it totally. That is a suggestion that could solve the crazy battle times, just get back to mindless battle grinds. Problem solved, whining stops, everyone happy. The clans had so nice time before old strat release, now they are just bashing each other, whining, bitching about times, rosters, bugged spawns preventing correct strategic planning and shit...