Poll

Split NA and EU for more reasonable battle time?

Yea
No
Some other solution (spliting the continent etc.)

Author Topic: Waking up at 6 am  (Read 16817 times)

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
Re: Waking up at 6 am
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2011, 01:45:15 pm »
A line like this can only come from the keyboard of a semi-retarded good-for-nothing, Miss-Piggy-look-a-like piece of shit, who does nothing in his real life except growing even more fat & useless then he already is........someday in the future people might run out of pigs to slaughter, for serving them (their products) on their holiday tables, and when that happens I'm sure that swines like you will be on top of priority lists to fill the substantial gaps between the supply and demand. Until that happens you might wanna keep your idiotic comments to yourself, since most of us have (probably) at least once in our lives witnessed the slaughtering of a pig and I'm certain that it's last squeaks made more sense then your posts in this forum.

What no imagemacro

Also yeah splitting the map is kinda dumb, also as gay as NA alliances and empires are, there isn't really that much of action going NA vs NA so most fights are fought between na and eu. Its dumb and this is coming from eu player
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2011, 01:49:10 pm »
You understand that 6am is when most working adults are up, around and gone/going to work already right?  Hence no participation.  Unless you plan to be late for work.
Or you're a swing shifter, in which case you're getting up WAY earlier than you need to for work, causing you to swap schedules so that work is the last thing you do in the day and so you're more tired during your shift than is healthy.
Or you're a graveyard worker in which case you're probably JUST getting home from work.  That's not bad.  So how many people in cRPG work graveyard?  Show of hands?

Dude my work starts 7-8.30, eight hour day, so if i wake up at six, i can have nice cup of coffee, read my newspaper, fight with internet swords and get to work in time. I may be blessed with that but i cant be the only one
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2011, 01:50:21 pm »
@Snickers

1) map is just an example to illustrate the idea
2) you got your quotes mixed up, i didnt say anything about creating 2 continents
3) what if im declared war by a clan that want to force me and my mates to play in dreadful hours? should they win because of the ping and timezone rather than skill, tactics and coordination on map
4) games = fun, take the fun part and you end up with what exactly ? proving over internet that you can win no matter the costs ?

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2011, 02:05:51 pm »
I don't understand this game is international, eventualy ppl will have several time zone, eventualy one time zone doesn't fit to others.
You can splitt and limit time zone attack, the problem will be the same, some player will not fit in your time zone.
There is no solution except that some of us could never play in good time zone for them.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #139 on: July 26, 2011, 04:03:17 pm »
Sorry guys, didn't read the whole thread, tl;dr and too much flaming and immature bickering.

On topic: please, chadz, pretty please with sugar on top, seperate NA and EU strategus.

What I'd like to have: 2 continents and hardcore island(s) in the middle. The continents would have a fixed server location and a limited time window for battles. So on the European continent(rich of recources and beautiful people) battles would always been fought on the EU strategus server and could only take place between 17:00 GMT to 0:00 GMT. A similar thing for the NA continent (wasteland with hideous population) with forced NA server and a decent time window for them.

The hardcore island between both continents could retain the current way of handling battles with server location depending on defender and free battle times. That's where inter-conti clans and those with too much free time could have their fun.

That would be a great solution. Or, for the short term, just give the NA's their own strategus server.

Or, if you really want to keep everyone on one big strategus world, create a system where factions can select a certain amount of timeslots each week to prevent this unwanted 5 AM buisness.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2011, 04:07:52 pm »
I like the idea of making two continents and a island between the continents.

Take a cookie... every taste bud want a share of it, unfournately not everyone can get it at same time.
Take two cookies... throw em into your mouth and suddently every taste bud get its demands in matter of time...

no comment on my physilodilo theory of doom

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2011, 05:19:16 pm »
I may be blessed with that but i cant be the only one

Perhaps not.  However my bias shows because I start my commute TO work (1 hour commute) at 6am and then work until 9-10pm and then have my 1 hour commute back home, mon-fri.  Getting up earlier or staying up later is pretty much out of the question for me. 
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2011, 08:01:43 pm »
The whole timezone/ping thing is going to be a headache however you look at it.  I do feel that having separate strats might be the best solution, although it sucks to split the community in that way.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:14:57 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18:52 pm »
It dont split really the communty, just strat.. and maybe clans in strat ..

but everyone can get over it  I guess

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2011, 09:35:04 pm »
Well good news, turns out chadz is going to address this problem, and go along with, ah, as some players roughly put it, my "fucking terrible idea" more or less.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11675.0.html
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2011, 10:45:43 pm »
+1
Well good news, turns out chadz is going to address this problem, and go along with, ah, as some players roughly put it, my "fucking terrible idea" more or less.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11675.0.html
It wasnt your idea, you basicly summed up all good idea's people had... wrote it down in a nice color.

Still think you, and your idea's are retarted. You shouldnt think too much of yourself.. you already sound cocky enough.
And from what ive seen, most of the patches chadz developed are retarted.
1+1=2

I expect the crpg community to have to wait another year.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:49:12 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2011, 10:48:56 pm »
+1
Still think you, and your idea's are retarted.
And from what ive seen, most of the patches chadz developed are retarted.
1+1=2

I expect the crpg community to have to wait another year.

Forgive me for not taking you too seriously when you are calling me retarted instead of retarded  :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2011, 10:49:50 pm »
Forgive me for not taking you too seriously when you are calling me retarted instead of retarded  :lol:

Seems like you also find yourself very smart... being a typo chocolate chip cookie and all.
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:41 pm »
+1
Seems like you also find yourself very smart... being a typo chocolate chip cookie and all.

Typos I have no problem with, just the irony that of all the words to typo it was an insult that attacks the intelligence of the target.

EDIT:
It wasnt your idea, you basicly summed up all good idea's people had... wrote it down in a nice color.
Now I am confused with your edit... I thought they were all bad ideas since you called them retarded?

Are there good retarded ideas?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:55:02 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2011, 11:07:57 pm »
Typos I have no problem with, just the irony that of all the words to typo it was an insult that attacks the intelligence of the target.

EDIT:Now I am confused with your edit... I thought they were all bad ideas since you called them retarded?

Are there good retarded ideas?

You had the idea too simply sum up all the idea's other people had, and wrote them down in a pretty color. Wich is a retar(d)ed idea.
But the idea's other people were coming up with, were actually pretty good.

But hey man, w/e works. You got your ego boosted. An oppertunity to suck chadz is *&^#. And you get too feel good about yourself.

I know it might be confusing... can imaging might be a little to hard for you to comprehent
Love will tear us apart.