Poll

Split NA and EU for more reasonable battle time?

Yea
No
Some other solution (spliting the continent etc.)

Author Topic: Waking up at 6 am  (Read 16860 times)

Offline Sultan_Khalifa

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Sultan_Khalifa Fallen_Santa_Khalifa
Re: Waking up at 6 am
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 06:14:23 pm »
Later in strategus, someone like The Fallen should get together with a few other folks and then just send a bunch of micro attacks against a clan every 2 hours for a whole day, win via sleep deprivation against the poor buggers! Continue this for three days solid.

it happen for a week in old strat didn't realy work

when you guys say split up do you mean

as strat for EU only and a strat for NA

if that's what you guys are talking about then its stupid

why split up the player base even more there are only a handful of NA clans that can support strat

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 06:20:17 pm »
i agree with splitting them....for what its worth.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 06:34:35 pm »
+1
instead of splitting, i suggest changing the "save server preference" feature that connects server type with individual player to a server preference by territory area on the map

lets say half of the map be played in NA perfect time and on NA servers, while the rest of the map being played in EU perfect times and on EU servers

this will keep community on one map, just making them to change their "claims", and NA/EU clans would obviously want to sit on the border of those two different timezones areas, where EU would be dealing with stuff on one side and NA on the other

EU conquering NA or vice versa would still be possible, but you couldnt really complain about hour the battle takes place as its your choice to move into that territory

Offline Inequity

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: kampgrounds of america
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 06:42:32 pm »
Keep NA and EU linked, this is war ffs, don't become casual friendly like 99% of the games, ppl that cant make it can just let their spot... I sure as hell wont be able to make it for 5am battles all the time but i will still wake up sometimes and fight just for the fun of it

Do you have autism?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 06:53:21 pm »
Do you have autism?

Autism primarily effects Empathy not Intelligence.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Hydro

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 06:55:16 pm »
You could make a deal with a NA clan if ur EU, or the other way around, to help each other out when having to defend at night time.

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 06:59:06 pm »
Diplomacy, that's what you need. Find some Euro/NA friends who will fight for you if your clan can't make it. Problem solved.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 07:13:57 pm »
Diplomacy, that's what you need. Find some Euro/NA friends who will fight for you if your clan can't make it. Problem solved.

dat ^^ war is war, do ya think that when people attacked others during the night the other guys went like : fu i'm working tomorrow, need to sleep, leave me alone and go fight people who aren't sleeping atm

then i don't give a fuck if you split continents or not, if i needed NA friends i'd look for NA friends and if i was to play with EU only i'd have EU friends ... won't wake up at 6a.m. to play anyway

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 07:26:58 pm »
I say split it up too. If I look at the list of upcoming battles theres only 1/7 battles I would be able to play. Thats a bit senseless...
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »
dat ^^ war is war, do ya think that when people attacked others during the night the other guys went like : fu i'm working tomorrow, need to sleep, leave me alone and go fight people who aren't sleeping atm

The whole point of a simulated war game is to get all the interesting aspects of war without the horrible stuff. Sleep deprivation may be "realistic" but that doesn't mean its good, or fun. To have enough players to cover both EU and NA timeslots you have to be absolutely huge. Only a handful of clans can manage that.

Finding other clans to fight for you, is also not fun. This is a game afterall, and the goal should be to make things fun and interesting, not a grind to see who gives up from being more miserable first.

The idea presented before was a two continent approach, with a small peninsula that connected them. NA would be on one continent, EU on the other. If you're really determined to fight on both, you can, if not, then just stay away from the other continent. It would also give more room for small clans to stand a chance instead of being squished in amongst the larger ones.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 07:30:10 pm »
I say split it up too. If I look at the list of upcoming battles theres only 1/7 battles I would be able to play. Thats a bit senseless...

let's make strategus battles only when this guy is able play

@ up : i have no doubt that you guys are having lot of fun spying on each other, hacking each other, plotting against each other, and all the dramas you made :x

it's not about sleep deprivation but you just have an ego problem (lol coming from me), you don't want to get people to fight for you when you could and then you whine it's unfair ... it's like i want to rule the map with a 20 guys private clan and whine because other factions have 5 times more people ...

if you gave room for every clan then what's the point ? living peacefully next to each other ? sorry, there's no chicks playing warband so it's pointless, go play the sims ...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:41:09 pm by Olwen »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 07:31:17 pm »
Not enough players to make a split worth it or interesting enough.  Not to mention you'll still have the same problem unless battle windows are enforced.  Then you'll have ppl on the coasts whining that the windows arent fair

6pm EST - 2AM EST

Quote from: East coast complainer
OMG WTF I went to sleep at 11pm EST and then these west coast hippy fuckers came in and fucked my village!!
Quote from: west coast douchebag
WAHHHH I was still at work at 5pm and these bad guys came and took my town!

There for the solution is to do nothing.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 07:42:19 pm »
Fallen Brigade    Dusturil    Tue, 03:00    7298
The Eastern Tsardom    Hanun    Tue, 04:00    9747
Knights Hospitaller    Shapeshte    Tue, 05:00    9747
Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights    Ayn Assuadi [PECORES]    Tue, 05:00    7298
Kingdom of the Blackrose    Amere [Free Companies Of Calradia]    Tue, 06:00    9747

Free villages.....

Stop this bullshit.

+1 for split
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 07:45:38 pm »
Fallen Brigade    Dusturil    Tue, 03:00    7298
The Eastern Tsardom    Hanun    Tue, 04:00    9747
Knights Hospitaller    Shapeshte    Tue, 05:00    9747
Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights    Ayn Assuadi [PECORES]    Tue, 05:00    7298
Kingdom of the Blackrose    Amere [Free Companies Of Calradia]    Tue, 06:00    9747

Free villages.....

Stop this bullshit.

+1 for split
All but one of those attacking clans are NA, and the one that is not is about 30-40% NA.
When we have village fights that late, a large amount of opposition usually shows up from other NA folks.

Granted, the LLJK VS Pecores is a brutal time slot, but the Blackrose VS the FCC is NA VS NA, and thus a very bad example.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:46:40 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 07:49:02 pm »
All but one of those attacking clans are NA, and the one that is not is about 30-40% NA.
When we have village fights that late, a large amount of opposition usually shows up from other NA folks.

Granted, the LLJK VS Pecores is a brutal time slot, but the Blackrose VS the FCC is NA VS NA, and thus a very bad example.
Is true. But EU players will have to be up all night, if they want to fight as defenders.... in order to scout equipment,tactics and battle outcomes etc when fighting for the AI

It works both way. EU has a hard time scouting NA.. and the other way around.

I think for battle's to be fair, strategus needs to be split.

I guess those clans that have both EU and NA player is will be bad. But i guess even on regular CRPG, they will have a hard time actually fighting together.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:05:53 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk