Author Topic: How much damage does spawn horse bump do? I'm sick of the revenge shots.  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Bill The Butcher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • WOOPSY DAISY!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bill_The_Butcher_II
How much damage does the bump from a Rouncy at spawn do? Playing for an hour I got shot in the back 3 or 4 times by moron archers. I mean really, i'm trying to go around you and you're intentionally shooting someone on your own team in LIGHT armor? Cav has to wear light armor and ride light horses now to even play the class, give us a break and don't shoot us in the back.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
Re: How much damage does spawn horse bump do? I'm sick of the revenge shots.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:28:04 pm »
actualy nothing at spawn, I dont care about bumping at spawn cose I understand that u need to get out of the crowd. Only if u charge at full speed it takes hp, but I cant whine at team bumps cose there are very few cases when i've been bumped, usually horsemans show some skill and jump over teammates.

Offline Bill The Butcher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • WOOPSY DAISY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:30:52 pm »
Great, so i'm raging even more now!  :evil:

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 11:35:39 pm »
Seriously I don't understand why everyone is so upset about horse bumping.

For years infantry and archers on my team have struck my horse on accident or purpose which is laughed off because it didn't hit me while admins turn a blind eye to teamkilling horses. Even though a cavalryman without a horse is about as useful as a archer with a hunting bow.

I consider this just revenge and they should probably just get over it, like their tiny, slow, miserable lives matter anyways.

Oh and to answer your question, absolutely nothing since the new patch reduced charge damage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 02:01:29 am »
Well I don't care about bumps when there is noone around, or only allies, but I would defintly strangle those idiots who charge into melee fight, bump into 3 allies that are fighting one enemy, misses the enemy with lance AND bump, following by said enemy easily killing one of us while we're recovering. This happens a lot and not that rare is TK connected to this, effectively making easy 3v1 fight a 1v1 fight.
So please, watch your damn horses.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 02:20:25 am »
I've taken a lot of damage from friendly spawn horse bumps. Atleast half the times I do get spawn bumped I take some damage.
Just wait a second after spawning, and be cautious. It is not hard.
EVEN IF YOU DON'T DO DAMAGE BUT KNOCK US DOWN, you being one second faster to battle < the 5 infantry you knocked down being a second slower to battle.

You are inconsiderate fools if you horse bump in spawn and are hurting the team.

+Don't run into melee. Don't you dare run into friendly melees. (unless they have for some reason made a big range gap between the two and you have absolutely no chance of hitting your teammate.)
I have never damaged a team mates horse, Because I assume you don't know any better and are trying your hardest or it was a genuine mistake.

Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:29:30 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Zanthos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: White Company
  • Game nicks: Zanthos_WCo
  • IRC nick: Zanthos
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 02:26:49 am »
The answer to this should depend on the armor type each person is wearing. I know after my last retirement it always ticked me off when some cav would just impatiently run through the crowd at the start thinking it did no damage. Granted, you don't expect to be a one man army as a low level with light/no armor... you also don't enjoy having a disadvantage within the first few seconds because a teammate didn't wait a couple seconds or take more care of their path out of the crowd.

With heavy armor on, I rarely ever have any damage done to me unless the cav is moving at full speed (or unless it's a charger+). Still, it's kind of a pointless and rude thing to assume people are going to just be happy being bumped at the start of a round. It's not much different than being annoyed by people who kick others or throw rocks at the start of a round. It usually does no damage, but nobody appreciates it.

This is why I was politely asking you to not do it today. Also, before you jump on my head about retaliating on your horse, please know that I never once hit your horse or was at all a part of it. I simply witnessed what was going on for a couple of rounds and made the request.

Offline cutsomecheesewithmybow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Hangover everyday.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dew
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:43:33 am »
Shooting calvary & horses is always justified, no matter which team they're on.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:59:57 am »
I like to treat cavalry like how I treat cars - technically pedestrians have the right of way but I wasn't born in a place where drivers got punished for running people over so I just wait for a bit till they clear the spawn then go forward.  Depending on the map I find having cavalry on your side a wonderful advantage, especially when they save me from flanking ninjas.  Anyway disappointed at the cavalry hate, they're bros.
-idlewind

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 04:02:17 am »
I don't think I've ever taken damage from a spawn horse bump since I was a noob peasant. It doesn't bother be beyond the feeling that the cav is being a prick and rude to his team because he can't wait 20 seconds.

My only issue with horse bumping in general is the stupid guys who feel the need to run into an infantry fight, knocking everyone over. If you want to be cavalry, stay the fuck out of the sword fights. Do your normal circling the perimeter, taking out archers or orther cav. If that bores you, tough shit. Get off the horse or stay out of the way. Otherwise, you're just being an annoying prick, circling and trotting around a group of guys trying to beat each other to death.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline TomMyyY

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_TomMyyY
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 04:37:27 am »
I don't think I've ever taken damage from a spawn horse bump since I was a noob peasant. It doesn't bother be beyond the feeling that the cav is being a prick and rude to his team because he can't wait 20 seconds.

My only issue with horse bumping in general is the stupid guys who feel the need to run into an infantry fight, knocking everyone over. If you want to be cavalry, stay the fuck out of the sword fights. Do your normal circling the perimeter, taking out archers or orther cav. If that bores you, tough shit. Get off the horse or stay out of the way. Otherwise, you're just being an annoying prick, circling and trotting around a group of guys trying to beat each other to death.

Waiting 20 seconds can be the difference between a quick attack they dont expect killing 4 guys, and facing a town with pikes at every entrance rendering you useless.

Offline Bill The Butcher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • WOOPSY DAISY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 04:50:12 am »
Exactly, I try to miss all the guys I can, but if there is a line of people and I can't jump them, someone may get knocked down.

The inf is mostly likely just going to hide behind a wall for 5 minutes. For cav it's either break out instantly or wait a minute or two for everyone to get engaged.

Waiting 20 seconds can be the difference between a quick attack they dont expect killing 4 guys, and facing a town with pikes at every entrance rendering you useless.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 02:18:48 pm »
20 seconds is way too much. It's more like 2-4 seconds until you can find a way out of the crowd.

Just for your info:

* Bumping friendlies is bannable. Even at spawn
* So is of course team damaging or TK said cavalry
* Being a Jackass is bannable

Another thing is that it is utterly without respect to other players. Shit happens of course, but try to avoid it.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Baldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Baldr?
    • View Profile
    • BALDR
  • Faction: Baldr
  • Game nicks: Baldr & Balder
  • IRC nick: Baldr damnit!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 06:20:44 pm »
It takes me 2 seconds to carefully move my horse out of the crowd.. no more, stop bumping, I retaliate, not because of damage but because of the inconvenience. Same as if a "friendly" kicks me or hits me when I wait for enemy to attack, you get one for free then you get my axe firmly lodged in your brain...

I don't do this to be an ass-hole I really don't, I am just so sick of kids running around and ruining the game for me.

P.S I don't retaliate on FF/FH or TK because it happens, accidents happen; we have all done that. an unexpected move from your team mate or a lag spike.. shit happens.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 07:10:59 pm »
Well I don't care about bumps when there is noone around, or only allies, but I would defintly strangle those idiots who charge into melee fight, bump into 3 allies that are fighting one enemy, misses the enemy with lance AND bump, following by said enemy easily killing one of us while we're recovering. This happens a lot and not that rare is TK connected to this, effectively making easy 3v1 fight a 1v1 fight.
So please, watch your damn horses.

True. But this is the same for all other classes.

Five friendly infantry fighting one enemy, and ten friendly archers are shooting into melee.

Same even for infantry itself. I am owning the other guy, some kill-hungry shielder rushes in my swing and all of the sudden the enemy guy gets the upper hand and kills both of us.

On cavalry, well, you pedestrians wont agree, but it needs more skill than all other classes and therefore (unexperienced) cavmen make more mistakes.

How often slashes a infantry guy his teammate because he wants to steal his kill? Happens A LOT.

When you play cavalry, the speed is insane, so its obviously harder to do/ to control.

I only interrupt in melee fights when I (riding at full speed, I cant stop, because 1 fucking throwing spear or 2 arrows is enough to kill my horse) get the impression that my mate will lose the "duel". My goal is not to steal his kill, my goal is to save his life. When he turns around (dancer), it happens once in a while that I stab and kill him instead of the enemy. But, he would have died anyway (if I got the situation right). If I have the impression my man is owning, or at least has a realistic chance, I ride around so that he sees I am there for his help. If he decides to continue fighting 1 vs 1 with dancing and all stuff, I move on. If my man decides to fall back, I ll stab or bump the enemy so that my man can kill him. Easy. Simple teamplay.

Although its usually the horsemans fault, when he teamkills, you infantry guy can help him and yourself a lot.
When I play infantry, fighting 1 vs 1, I am aware, see a friendly cav, i simply back-pedal and focus on blocking, so that the horseman can get his easy kill.

Thats battle. Dont be a hero and die, be smart, survive, and help your team win the round.

On the original question: Dont start riding at full speed, turn your horse around, and move it carefully through your teammates. I never injure teammates, even with heavy plated charger I didnt knock down anyone ever.

You dont even have to wait. Just press s, to get out of the crowd.

And should someone think its funny to shoot or slash your horse, this is also a bannable offense. I ban horse-attackers consequently. We have to pay the highest upkeep, so its our given right that our footmen leave our horses in peace. 

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:17:17 pm by Michael »