Author Topic: Problems - Solutions v4  (Read 3098 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Problems - Solutions v4
« on: July 24, 2011, 12:30:47 pm »
+3
I)
Problem:
Players i spoke to, asked for bigger maps and are annoyed about ping and time differential between NA/EU.

Suggestion:
Make different NA and EU Strategus, where those clans don't need to get into contact
Pro: Problem solved
Contra: loosing contacts between those Time Zones

II)
Problem:
No central complete Information about the rules in Strategus.
F.E. How many hours to reinforce 5h(6 hours for those people who missed in forum the mentioning about it in some sub post. What rules apply when under Siege, how to resupply like let teh money stay at all times on your fucking character and not in the location.

Solution:
strategus wiki, guide by devs and admin and all others, something which keeps up to date with any changes been done.
edit:Ok seen the FAQ, seen the information who wrote as post nearly a guide, also seen the crpg/strategus wiki.
Nothing of those are either nearly complete nor well structured in relation of the game mechanics you have to use on the strat map.
Dont we have experienced wikipedia users who are willing to do this? or is there another problem with strat wiki, what keeps people from editing it?

III)
Problem:
Reallife Persons are getting majorly exhausted because they cant act in the same timezones.
Solution:

Depending on if we get Servers for say different time zones, which maximum include a 8 hour differential, there should be a limit on a starting hour for battles as well as a end hour where the last  battle takes place(PRIMETIME!!! for each timezone server). I thought this is about strategy, good generals still need sleep and as this should be a game you can be kind to your players and let them have the rest they need.
PRO:
- Sleep
- time to make changes to a particular Timezone Server for updates, configurations, without getting battles interrupted.

EIDT I:
IV)
Problem:
Finding who is where and what they do

Solution:
in the listing we got about our members in the character page, include the location and what they do

V)
Problem:
transfering between characters

Solution:
Increase the range in which characters can transfer stuff to half a size of a village, so people dont need to stand on each other to transfer stuff.
OR
Make a click on a troop poping up an option window "move here"

VI)
Problem:
Buy/Sell equipment. It is really annoying that i either have to scroll all the way down or when i use strg+F either i come to buy or in sell section and often under pressure you don't notice at first but when you then scroll down to submit that you are in the wrong section.

Solution:
at the start of the screen choose within select box buy sell(not check box). Then with what ever action you make, go to this screen first time, buy, sell update the number in the amount part. In the amount part you always have to put in what number you want, but if done then it chose the number which is there.
Submit button on top after the select boxes.
edit:meanwhile i use the greasmonkey scripts available here in the forum, which are a huge help.

EIDT II:
VII)
Problem:
big clans Steamrolling smaller clans, even if they are in alliances. The system doesn't support alliances, np, neutrality, defence packs etc. in terms of implementation. Therefor those who are just big, established structure are more efficient in logistics, movement coordination and overall battles themselves. If you have one clan with 60 guys who may have combined trainings on own servers or even can have whole battles 60vs60 in a clan, they are on a huge advantage.
Solution:
Scale down the overall rate of possibility in % that you can recruit or gain gold depending on the numbers in a clan. To avoid, that a big clan just makes sup clans establish rules about how much and when to whom you can transfer stuff. Therefor any faction should be able to use a playstyle at the beginning of the game or change it within a timeperiod as well diplomcy actions should have consequences on your ablities of trasnfer/grinding/....

VIII)
Problem:
Villages can't buy stuff(at least till now i always seen it character bound to bye stuff)

Solution:
villages can buy stuff, they should also have there the same possibility then characters to by in the 5h resuply phase, would make it a lot easier to handle things.

IX)
Problem:
Logistics, well you just can't get Lifers to spend the whole day on this stuff. But when you think the appeal should be within getting clans of nolifers and only grinders ok then you are on the right track(i know there is strategus 2 coming and changes a lot, but i do know only this now)

Solution:
Ranks below 8, they can be moved by higher Ranks
Ranks below 5. Their gold and troops can be transfered by higher Ranks

EDIT III:
X)
Problem:
I am not talking about scouting with characters on the strat map. I am talking about getting members or noclan members into other clans to gain there trust and let those guy give crucial information to outsiders of a clan. That just goes to far, to disturb with a gaming community/friends that way

Solution:
1. The things Spys are going to know are troop movements and strengths and even the information of battle tactics. So concider the following.
Enable characters in strat to go on spying missions. For the time they do that, they are of the map, can only make spying on things which are close buy. When they come back after perhaps a day, there is a percentage that they get some of troopmovement directions, some of their troop strength some of the equipment what is located in an army or location some of what goold there is.  Never give all numbers on all these things but a mixture of it, so those who have it then can make rough estimates and speculations.
2.: Also concider that the one who had done the spying as well as his master would be banned from strategus map for at least a month, this crap has to hurt as that what they do hurts a whole community introduce mistrust to.

XI)
Problem:
making attacks, having people applied, filling the roster and then not showing up and clearing the roster shortly before the battle starts. Binding troops is ok, but then fight and not just waist people time and sleep.

Solution:
The attacker or defender who uses this as a tactic, is locked for 1 month, where he cant move his character on the strat map, cant transfer stuff or be transfered to. Anything what he holds in cash troops and equipment is reduced to 0. Want to see how often this will be done again after this is established.

Edit IV:
XII)
Problem:
Spawn rape of attackers through defenders. After the 60sec builtup time of defenders if they get a little closer to enemies spawns and then when the attacker starts spawning, rushes their spawn, preferable with cav, the odds are strongly for the defender to just kill anybody who is attacking at the time they spawn or just take their flag.

Solution:
Reduce the period the defenders have till first spawn of attackers to 30 sec.
The first spawn of the attackers should have 50% of their people on the roster AND afterwards you can then have a spawn of 1 player per sec.

Problem:
people majorly getting set up by other clans who are attacking them.
Solution:
establish a set of cases when someone may declare war, the declaration of war also should be made insite strat. Normaly afterwards there should be a timespan of say 1 hour before teh first attack my be declared. Who Attacks without declaration earns negative Fame those who chose to attack after the 1h they earn fame. Fame could make resupplying easier , more efectiv. Negativ fame could make resupplying worse in terms of loosing some stuff while resupplying.

EDIT V:
Problem:
Unnessary Battles like village/castle/town transfer as part of agreements.
Solution:
These Location can addittionaly be transfered to non faction members who are entering or are close by those locations.

I WILL UPDATE THIS POST AND COLLECT GOOD SUGGESTIONS AND REAL PROBLEMS
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:15:49 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
Re: Problems - Solutions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:46:51 pm »
This is old Strat, it's only here for test, there will be many changes.

I) chadz already said that dev team search a solution, may be 2 continents.

II) Rules will change, Shik made a faq

III) Nobody play at same time

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 12:58:31 pm »
Even if you have a separate EU & NA server, unless you enforce primetime battles windows, its just the same problem all over again.

East coast attacks as soon as they're home from work or west coast attacks when east coast is already asleep.

I think its pretty fair as it stands.  You either pick the time of the attack or location for the ping

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 01:54:00 pm »

I think its pretty fair as it stands.  You either pick the time of the attack or location for the ping
And either way, it sucks.

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 02:12:56 pm »
I just dont get it why most americans are all like.. uhhh... about this issue, why they dont want their own continent in strategus.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Electro

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • when death smiles at us all we can do is smileback
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Electro
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 02:37:50 pm »
in my opinion your kinda screwed if you have a clan that is NA/EU because that would destroy the clan ....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 03:42:41 pm »
This is old Strat, it's only here for test, there will be many changes.

I) chadz already said that dev team search a solution, may be 2 continents.

II) Rules will change, Shik made a faq

III) Nobody play at same time
1) 2 continent solution with uncrossable water would be ok, we would still see what is happening on the other site happening and taking some part in it.
2) would you post the link next time :) we are all lazy i know?
3) think about form 12 midday(first time zone) till 8 to ten 10 pm, that way most can be happy
AND depending on the way strat 2 works, perhaps it would be possible, that at the same time more battles on several virtual servers would take place(one physical machin?) with the rule that a clan can't be attacked twice at the same time. That way Alliances have to decide where to send whom to fight, low prioritty battles will ahve less people on the rooster, high priority battles will have many on the rooster. OR you include the alliance to that rule so alliance can take part at any battle of partners at same time.

Even if you have a separate EU & NA server, unless you enforce primetime battles windows, its just the same problem all over again.

East coast attacks as soon as they're home from work or west coast attacks when east coast is already asleep.

that was what i suggested as well, to make it more clear f.e. 10:00 to 10:00, if you choose timezones you take the center of it as the halftime(6 yours in the primetime) location. Yes those on the eges of the primetime still have more trouble with the timing but overall much less a hustle.

in my opinion your kinda screwed if you have a clan that is NA/EU because that would destroy the clan ....
i stated that as a problem, the suggestion of the devs as far as i took it out of one of the above posts would be to have 2 continents, where i guess players have to pick one, one with NA one with EU timezone.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 04:19:52 pm »
I just dont get it why most americans are all like.. uhhh... about this issue, why they dont want their own continent in strategus.

Who the hell said Americans don't want their own continent? The only people I could possibly see being against this is global clans who have an advantage with the way things are. Hell, I'm in a global clan and I would still like to see split continents. Though I want to ask if people from one continent would be able to participate in the battles for people from the other continent?

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 05:12:03 pm »
Wait, why would the continents necessarily have to be unreachable to each other? Personally, I think it would be amazing if they were on the same map, but required a long sea voyage to cross over. That way we could have trans-continental invasions or split NA/EU clans.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:13:11 pm by Slantedfloors »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 05:14:40 pm »

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 07:07:13 pm »
some other things i think could cause problems.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 08:11:26 pm »

Who are you talking about here though?  I, and most of the other vocal NA players, have been asking for and wanting our own continent/map for strat forever.  Fighting you EU guys at 3am, or vice versa is stupid.  We (well some of us) have lives and you guys do to and it's pretty retarded to force us as a playerbase to fight with shitty pings and terrible times of the night.  That thinking failed in DarkFail too.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 08:29:59 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,5311.0.html

youll notice a lot of NA players supporting a split.

this whole... battle at 5am NA then a battle at 5am EU then 5am NA then 5am EU... its going to get old fast.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 09:12:52 pm »
Yeap the times are seriously messed up.

Wars are being played with time now, instead of troops./strategy/honor.
Wanna win easy mode? attack on 4-5 AM in the morning...

No respect for those clans, that exploit the time table.. w/e
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 09:19:45 pm »
Yeap the times are seriously messed up.

Wars are being played with time now, instead of troops./strategy/honor.
Wanna win easy mode? attack on 4-5 AM in the morning...

No respect for those clans, that exploit the time table.. w/e

I had a battle at 3AM on saturday morning, then a battle at 10AM on saturday morning, then a battle at 3am Sunday morning, then a battle at 10AM sunday morning. sooo i basically take a 4 hour nap between the 2 battles each day, then sleep after the second battle for a few hours if i can... Just saying  :|