Author Topic: Strategus Spawns  (Read 7173 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: Strategus Spawns
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 03:33:46 am »
Why is it my problem?

It's everyone's problem if they lose a battle because of stupid spawntaking. This time it was BRD, next time it might be Guards and the time after that it might be Mercs. And everyone will hate it and consider it stupid ;)

That's why I'm talking about that. You don't know me, but I'm looking forward instead of crying how bad this battle went for my team and I won't have fun in Strategus, when every second battle ends after 3 minutes. Then I can just go to crpg battle servers :rolleyes:

I've stated my opinion here and now I'm done. It's not to whine or to say "meeehh the Mercs are all bad guys or bla" it's just about this spawnsystem.

Night
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:35:12 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 03:37:59 am »
I'm talking of the infantry as a cohesive mass, not a single man running.

And i'll have to wait for Rippers video to see you.

And yes Jarlek, the cavalry couldn't have done it without the infantry coming from the village.
I know. I don't really care what people say or think, I just think it was awesome how the infantry and cavalry managed to do something so well together. Faulty game mechanics, stupid spawn system, at least it was a good show of teamwork.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 03:39:11 am »
I know. I don't really care what people say or think, I just think it was awesome how the infantry and cavalry managed to do something so well together. Faulty game mechanics, stupid spawn system, at least it was a good show of teamwork.

thats it. Thats what we got and learned. It can work. Even with this bugabusing from BRD side...

woopsie.. did i just write something !?!?

Offline Akincibegi

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Akincibegi and a lot of alts
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 03:39:16 am »

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 03:45:28 am »
You complain about this when we win  battle after hours of planning for it and equipment checks and restrictions, I fought in a battle for str against an AI village. Str charged and capped spawm. They lost 15 men and captured the 400 tickets left to the defenders. All clans have been doing this. And its only now that merc use it that a thread is put up?  Its very easy to point fingers at people. Try looking at yourself first before you start pointing eh?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:46:55 am by Blueberry Muffin »
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 03:49:27 am »
You complain about this when we win  battle after hours of planning for it and equipment checks and restrictions, I fought in a battle for str against an AI village. Str charged and capped spawm. They lost 15 men and captured the 400 tickets left to the defenders. Al clans have been doing this. And its only now that merc use it that a thread is put up?

Can't you just read before you write?

I told that it's not because of Mercs. It was the first battle I was fighting where that happened and I didn't ask for all detals of other battles.
The only things I asked my fellow Guards were "Did we win or lose?" and "How many troops did we lose?"   That's all I wanted to know and now that I have taken part in a battle where this spawntakingthingy happened, I'm starting a thread, no to whine, but to tell chadz so he can make it better.

I don't want to watch Irc or whatever it's called, so I write it here, because I know chadz etc are reading the forum about strategus etc. :rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot your link Akinci^^
Yeah you are right about what you write there. I fully agree with you. The idea in general is good, but the way it works sucks^^  It should also be something like there are 5 guys needed to take a spawn or so. But that's why I wrote it has to be changed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:53:23 am by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 03:54:04 am »
I will enlighten you about some points from past strategus,

If you use your attack range to attack a fief right next to your own fief. You can basically enter your own fief.

Example : BRD is attacking Amere but there is no BRD attacking Amere on the Strategus map.

What are the benefits of that bug? You don't waste troops (losing percentage of the tickets), you don't get randomly spawned somewhere on the left. Well I reported that and I got a confirmation that its a bug.

Lets talk about spawn points :

Lets not be unreasonable, not only attackers got a spawn point, defenders also have spawn point. We protected ours, if they left it all alone I cannot help that. Our strategy was obviously had some brain behind it, if they cannot defend their spawn with 1200 tickets vs. 250 I can't help it. They had a surprise attack, if they didn't planned the equipment I cannot help it.

That what happens when you don't have team coordination and bunch of pyjamas as armor.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 03:55:50 am »
+1
The spawn point is basicly the supply line imo.

If the supply line gets cut off, they wont be supplied anymore.

Makes perfect sense to me. If you want to keep your army suplied, protect your supply line....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:58:01 am by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 03:57:28 am »
Lets talk about spawn points :

Lets not be unreasonable, not only attackers got a spawn point, defenders also have spawn point. We protected ours, if they left it all alone I cannot help that. Our strategy was obviously had some brain behind it, if they cannot defend their spawn with 1200 tickets vs. 250 I can't help it. They had a surprise attack, if they didn't planned the equipment I cannot help it.

That what happens when you don't have team coordination and bunch of pyjamas as armor.

I had and have nothing to say against that. Was actually pretty clear that you will do that, because otherwise you have no chance against 1200 enemies, unimportant whether they were pyjamas or not. Would have done that, too, to keep my village. However, the system still sucks the way it is currently^^

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 03:59:32 am »
So it is all about numbers, not tactics and skill? I see. And I disagree.

No, its not all about numbers. But when the opposing army was is nearly 5x your size then yes, it is about numbers and the best you can do is take out as many as you can.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 03:59:49 am »
Even after my team had rushed the spawn point, I myself pulled back 10 people to hold our spawn against any of the BRD surprise attacks while everyone else was charging. We fought off 2-3 guys. We thought strategically - they didnt. Get over it.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 04:00:14 am »
I had and have nothing to say against that. Was actually pretty clear that you will do that, because otherwise you have no chance against 1200 enemies, unimportant whether they were pyjamas or not. Would have done that, too, to keep my village. However, the system still sucks the way it is currently^^

Well, this is just beta. It might change. But maybe something like this can be done : Instead of instant defeat, they spawn with less frequency or they still spawn but start to lose tickets drastically (10 per sec.)

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 04:01:31 am »
Love is in the air, duu duu duue, love is in theee aaair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo

But seriously its clear that this is about mechanics, almost every clan has been trying to use this tactic, sure why not, not using this would be a waste.
Lets see if chadz comes up with something interesting.
Also like Olwen said in the "Attack on Emerin" thread, when attacker looses spawn, it is autoretreat, attacker will not lose everything, but more like a certain number.
But yeah, this was some good timing from the merc side, they took an opportunity when it revealed it self, kuddo's.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 04:04:01 am »
Instead of instant defeat, they spawn with less frequency or they still spawn but start to lose tickets drastically (10 per sec.)
this seems more reasonable instead of instagib battles.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2011, 07:16:47 am »
Just for the record, spawn system is currently not working as intended.

The flags should have been the target after you have pushed the enemy force back, not as the main target right away from the start.

We'll consider how to improve this.