Author Topic: Best 2 handed weapon? (for me, help me decide)  (Read 7008 times)

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Best 2 handed weapon? (for me, help me decide)
« on: January 16, 2011, 08:19:59 am »
+1
Im looking for the best two-handed weapon on the entire list, (i have enough money to buy 1 and a third of a flamberge) so im looking for the best weapon, with the most well rounded damage, reach, and speed. I hear danish is good but im wondering about the highlander claymore.... I also like weapons that break shields easily. So pretty much tell me what weapon you think is best and explain why, and then ile decide.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:22:20 pm by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Re: Best 2 handed sword? (for me, help me decide)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:13:49 am »
Katana is the best atm, if you have 15+ agility all you have to do is spam left-right swings and slice your enemies one after the other.

Offline Ninja_Totoro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:47:13 am »
Katana is the best atm, if you have 15+ agility all you have to do is become great at blocking and ignore all the retards who think that feinting is spam.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 11:49:58 am »
Katana is only good when you got a lot of athletics to close in on your opponent.

I suggest either going German Greatsword or Highland Claymore.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 12:02:06 pm »
German Greatsword hands down.

It got good reach, speed and awesome damage.

It was the best sword pre-patch and its still the best sword. (30 pierce is just too good to pass)

(also Great Sword is also a very decent alternative. 1 more speed then GG, but 3 less reach and 1 less swing damage)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:06:39 pm by Babelfish »

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 12:07:26 pm »
Claymore. Animations are faster than they appear on the stats page.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 12:11:04 pm »
I'm really fond of the Nodachi, it does very good damage, has longer range than GG and requires only 11 strength. If you want to go high agi its a very good sword. Of course you miss the thrust attack. I'm not the best manual blocker but I get k/ds of 3 with it, just by overheading people already in a fight with one shot. Can't wat till I get it heirloomed.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 06:20:04 pm »
I only have 9 agility, and thats all im gonna put in it. I have 15 str and im gonna build on that, so im not sure if i would like a weapon that needs alot of agility to work properly, Im rather fond of the highlander claymore and german greatsword, now. But what has the best all rounded, reach and speed, but alot of damage? (i think claymore but, maybe the german) Also, should I sell my great long axe (loads of people died because of it), or my elite scimitar and kite shield?

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 06:24:34 pm »
FAIL: 2h build is speed build, NOT str. Retire your char and try again, for 2h build, get strengh to the multiple of 3 above your choice sword (eg, for nodachi, get 12 str). And then all other points into agility. If you build strengh, you will die to: Other 2h, throwers, xbows, archers, ninjas, polearms, cav. So, everyone. But you go ahead and build strengh, Im sure you know what your doing  :lol:
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 06:28:04 pm »
You can choose between the German Greatsword and the Danish Greatsword depending on which one's stats you like better.

Katana is also a good chioce if you like fast weapons. It's very short, though.

Morningstar is also a good choice; it's fast and has a bonus against shields,  but it's unbalanced.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 06:30:46 pm »
BS, don't retire you need 15 str for the swords anyway... 9agi is extremely low though, I think all the good 2h have at least 18.
If you are going for STR what you need most is reach and speed imo, so Claymore isn't the best option.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 07:14:39 pm »
Unless you're using a crushthrough weapon follow Grey's advice.

Offline Zanthos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: White Company
  • Game nicks: Zanthos_WCo
  • IRC nick: Zanthos
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 07:30:20 pm »
FAIL: 2h build is speed build, NOT str. Retire your char and try again, for 2h build, get strengh to the multiple of 3 above your choice sword (eg, for nodachi, get 12 str). And then all other points into agility. If you build strengh, you will die to: Other 2h, throwers, xbows, archers, ninjas, polearms, cav. So, everyone. But you go ahead and build strengh, Im sure you know what your doing  :lol:

You can go pure strength build if you want... but I'm not going to really recommend it to everyone. I have 12 agility and sometimes get frustrated by it, but I think I do pretty well with it. Then again, I also use a weapon that has 90 speed so it cripples the speed even more.

If you use a great maul, you'll be dreadfully slow, but also crush through anyone's block you hit and cause some damage. Just keep in mind, if you go with a much slower swing build, you will have to rely very heavily in situational awareness and manual blocking to keep yourself alive. It is a whole diff ballgame from an AGI or balanced build.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 08:56:10 pm »
I don't believe there is one best sword. On paper, the german greatsword seems awesome and does indeed work well. However, there are two issues with how I play that make using that sword less effective. First, I am a fairly slow strength build(mistake!) so if I miss, I am fucked. Second, I always tend to hug my opponents and with the longer swords, you need to take a step back. I have a hard time doing that.

So, I tried different weapons since I got nothing else to spend my cash on and I find a morningstar to be working pretty well for me. Its faster and longer than a great maul, which is so damn short and slow. But its short enough that I can still hug my opponent and be effective with it. Since I have stength and iron flesh, a morningstar works best for my style. Get in their face and smash their shields. You're too slow for much else. I just smash and smash til I get overwhelmed or arrowed to death.

But it all depends on your style of play. If you can step back and dance and are good with manual blocking, get the german sword or whatever is longer and feels right to you.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Visus

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • TripSteppin'.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Visus_of_Chaos
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 09:06:12 pm »
I've gone through basically the entire 2h market in my search for a great 2h along with you and found that my favorites happen to be the heavy bastard sword/ bar mace.  The heavy bastard is just so fast with some agility (albeit less than the Katana) but still has the ability to stab which I think is invulnerable. The bar mace is so slow it makes me cry sometimes, but it deals a crapload of damage per hit, and that knockdown is very useful. Both of these weapons are relatively cheap which lets you equip good-great armor and still make money unlike the very expensive high tier swords.
I never really liked the Claymore or 2h Sword or the higher priced and tiered swords, I found them too slow for fighting off 1h or Katanas. Then again, I haven't tried the German or Zwiehander... I'll probably get on that next week. Gotta love making money.  :D
الايرلندي ليوبارد