Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 35944 times)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #300 on: July 15, 2011, 05:31:59 am »
Let's make this easy:

• Zealot wanting to change his ways, giving something back to the community and offering to sponsor a server --> + 1
  • Zealot not wanting control over the server and letting neutral devs pick the admins --> + 1
  • Zealot still being mistrusted by the community and being the server OWNER who can, theoretically, mess around with our Strat fun --> - 1
  • Zealot donating the money, letting somebody neutral BUY AND OWN the server and admin on it --> PROFIT

This way he can still give something to the community, improve his reputation and at the same time be completely out of doubt when something bad happens with the server.

Because let's face it: if Zealot owns the server, the most minor fuck-up will cost him his rep again.

Apparently this makes too much sense for the devs to implement.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Iggore

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2011, 05:34:07 am »
So yeah, this is chadz game and if i remember right a happy chadz is a coding chads and i'm all for it.... 
people keep forgetting this isn't a democracy ;) it's pure monarchy... and chadz is king!

Offline Visus

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • TripSteppin'.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Visus_of_Chaos
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2011, 05:38:20 am »
+1
Let's make this easy:

• Zealot donating the money, letting somebody neutral BUY AND OWN the server and admin on it --> PROFIT

Honestly. If this random LLJK goon wants to spend his own money, on something that will benefit all of the NA community, while giving full control of the server over to a neutral dev-based team....What kind of idiot would say no to this?

I'm all for it. He wants to show good will, fine. He wants to repair his rep, fine. It benefits all of us, the players.
الايرلندي ليوبارد

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2011, 05:42:59 am »
Let's make this easy:

• Zealot wanting to change his ways, giving something back to the community and offering to sponsor a server --> + 1
  • Zealot not wanting control over the server and letting neutral devs pick the admins --> + 1
  • Zealot still being mistrusted by the community and being the server OWNER who can, theoretically, mess around with our Strat fun --> - 1

This way he can still give something to the community, improve his reputation and at the same time be completely out of doubt when something bad happens with the server.

Because let's face it: if Zealot owns the server, the most minor fuck-up will cost him his rep again.

yup....

Take the deal ecko!
Just a soldier

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 15, 2011, 05:46:13 am »
Honestly. If this random LLJK goon wants to spend his own money, on something that will benefit all of the NA community, while giving full control of the server over to a neutral dev-based team....What kind of idiot would say no to this?

I'm all for it. He wants to show good will, fine. He wants to repair his rep, fine. It benefits all of us, the players.

Who pays 300$ a month to repair his reputation on a game he just started and knows nothing about?

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2011, 05:49:09 am »
+1
yup....

Take the deal ecko!

ManO you misunderstand: based on the current deal Zealot would be the OWNER of the server. This is what the community is... hesitant against.

My suggestion is for him to donate the money instead and not OWN the server himself. This would truly show goodwill.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2011, 05:50:20 am »
Who the fuck is paying three hundred a month?

<Zealot__> I'm not donating money as it is, I'm donating a server. I'm on billing to handle bandwidth overtures, freak payments, and any other bills that come to me and are responsible to me.

Time will tell if I'm using these servers to infect you with viruses and steal your credit card information!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:57:00 am by Classical »

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2011, 05:50:50 am »
Who pays 300$ a month to repair his reputation on a game he just started and knows nothing about?
Zealot started three months ago, and has been actively playing since. He also already runs a CRPG server (LLJK_Duel). It's not like he's going into this blind.

Offline Visus

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • TripSteppin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2011, 05:51:59 am »

Does it really matter how much/why/how he is paying? Just accept the gift and be thankful. Unless you want to play Strat on a shitty overtaxed server.
الايرلندي ليوبارد

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2011, 05:55:11 am »
Does it really matter how much/why/how he is paying? Just accept the gift and be thankful. Unless you want to play Strat on a shitty overtaxed server.

He can be trolling right? He could decide, "Hmm I don't feel like paying aymore." There goes our Strategus server.

So how much does it cost for a 200 slot server?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:56:17 am by Miley »

Offline Visus

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • TripSteppin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2011, 05:58:53 am »
He can be trolling right? He could decide, "Hmm I don't feel like paying aymore." There goes our Strategus server.

So how much does it cost for a 200 slot server?
Then we switch back to the ATS servers. It's not like they are going anywhere. Besides, Ecko can be the savior of NA if that happens, receiving full "I was always right" brag-ability. :D  I think he would like that.
الايرلندي ليوبارد

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2011, 06:00:11 am »
You don't buy it based on slots, but specs, and those are to be decided, something beefy and beastly. It's just a matter of configuration, as EU servers offer a lot more hardware for a lot less money in terms of conversion, so we need to match their servers with similar specs, and similar costs.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2011, 06:00:24 am »
+1
ManO you misunderstand: based on the current deal Zealot would be the OWNER of the server. This is what the community is... hesitant against.

My suggestion is for him to donate the money instead and not OWN the server himself. This would truly show goodwill.

Eiether way it does not matter! IF he screws with the server as a owner..

chadz cna just reset all the damage done and the ball would be in ecko's court, simple as that

The damage that cna be down is minimal and since this is all free, we have very... very... little to lose
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:01:31 am by ManOfWar »
Just a soldier

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2011, 06:04:49 am »
It makes a lot more sense to have strategus servers be ran and controlled by c-rpg admins and not privately owned servers.  Even Ecko should see that this is an improvement since Zealot won't have any control over the server.

But why leave it there with a reasonable argument when I can cause drama.

TOP 5 REASONS ATS SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY C-RPG SERVERS:
1. They reset the strategus server during their own battles when they start losing.
2. They hand out administration-ships for political gain.
3. They ban players during strategus battles for simply saying things they don't want to hear.
4. They had a policy of allowing hate-speech (and often use it) [I think I've been called a my old friend over 1000 times by ATS].
5. Did I mention they reset the server when they were losing a battle?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2011, 06:05:50 am »
It makes a lot more sense to have strategus servers be ran and controlled by c-rpg admins and not privately owned servers.  Even Ecko should see that this is an improvement since Zealot won't have any control over the server.

But why leave it there with a reasonable argument when I can cause drama.

TOP 5 REASONS ATS SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY C-RPG SERVERS:
1. They reset the strategus server during their own battles when they start losing.
2. They hand out administration-ships for political gain.
3. They ban players during strategus battles for simply saying things they don't want to hear.
4. They had a policy of allowing hate-speech (and often use it) [I think I've been called a my old friend over 1000 times by ATS].
5. Did I mention they reset the server when they were losing a battle?

Facts contained in this post: 0
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: