Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 35903 times)

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #240 on: July 15, 2011, 01:48:58 am »
I believe at this point, this image needs to posted for all those that oppose Shik running a server paid by Zealot.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

To the members of LLJK - Shut the fuck up, stop posting please god!

Seventeen pages.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #241 on: July 15, 2011, 01:53:57 am »
Seventeen pages.

It was a good run.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 15, 2011, 02:11:48 am »
It was a good run.
Yep, see you on the battlefield.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #243 on: July 15, 2011, 02:17:44 am »
+1
As additional info:

Head Admin will most likely be Shik, who has a good knowledge of the NA community and will handpick a set of admins that are capable of keeping the server what it is supposed to be: a neutral and fair playing ground.

I don't understand the meaning of this poll since this is an official decision which aims to establish an official server.

How can any NA be against the idea of official server?
How can ATS be against an official server that is not lead by another clan but by dev team?

EU servers are managed by devs and admins come from many clan, there is way less drama cause the final boss is dev team, no biased judgement, no biased suspicion, this can be just good for NA community.

btw, i'm sure that many ATS admins (and other ofc) will be admin in new official server.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 15, 2011, 02:22:53 am »
Blondin, its not about ATS admins, the issue is that as Zealot and chadz have described it, the server would be owned by zealot, which  is a horrid idea considering his history.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline young cococnut juice

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 15, 2011, 02:24:31 am »
Blondin, its not about ATS admins, the issue is that as Zealot and chadz have described it, the server would be owned by zealot, which  is a horrid idea considering his history.

then please explain WHY chadz couldn't just disconnect the server if zealot pulled some shit?

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 15, 2011, 02:26:39 am »
Why even risk the hassle of all that? Just have the server owned by someone else.

If zealots wants to donate, great! But he is the furthest thing from a neutral party to own the server, which is what people are criticizing echo of.

Offline young cococnut juice

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 15, 2011, 02:30:53 am »
Why even risk the hassle of all that? Just have the server owned by someone else.

If zealots wants to donate, great! But he is the furthest thing from a neutral party to own the server, which is what people are criticizing echo of.

zealot is paying for the server, not moderating the server. I guess if he wants he could like shut it down wants but at any time chadz could totally cut it off and it would go to ecko anyway. ecko is actively involved in server moderation.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #248 on: July 15, 2011, 02:34:05 am »

By your own logic, Ecko shouldn't own much less admin a Strategus server then. Not a neutral party is he?
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 15, 2011, 02:40:08 am »
zealot is paying for the server, not moderating the server. I guess if he wants he could like shut it down wants but at any time chadz could totally cut it off and it would go to ecko anyway. ecko is actively involved in server moderation.

You really think that if you owned and setup a server that you WOULDN'T have the server password? Pretty naive there.

By your own logic, Ecko shouldn't own much less admin a Strategus server then. Not a neutral party is he?

Ecko has never abused his position in strategus ever. Plus, the moderation of the server was not done by ATS alone, its done by BRD, Chaos, LLJK, hospitaler, dfc, and many more. I personally don't care who admins the strategus server, so long as they have proven themselves to be a wise choice. It seems that the only party who has serious complaint about management is Goons, and lets be honest here, you collectively earned all the crap thrown your way.

Offline Damatacus_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 15, 2011, 02:52:47 am »
I was there too. True ATS was going to win the siege but.... they had sustained very heavy casualties and lost a lot of gear prior to the reset. The reset may have been a mistake but some horrible abuses did happen that day.
1st. ATS exploited the mistake: By the time the defenders of the NPC castle figured out what had happened and logged back in the defenders spawn was already being camped by ATS players. ATS never secured the spawn prior to the reset. This turned a costly victory into flawless one.
2nd Worst of all: ATS muzzled the communities response to this error. Anyone who brought it up on an ATS server(which at the time was the only NA cRPG server) was kicked, and posts in the forums in regards to this topic were removed.
We did not mean to exploit that reset, its just that in vent someone said that the server was back up so we all came back in, and the other team consisting mostly of pubs trickled in more slowly. As for repressing it, we did that cause chadz was getting upset about the level of drama caused by the incident.

Offline Damatacus_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 15, 2011, 02:57:38 am »
+1
When Ecko got there and found out that 1 person was messing around, he banned over 100 people, and held them hostage while he demanded to know where Zealot got the password. It turns out he didn't need to do that because Zealot took responsibility and gave Ecko the info he was looking for.
It was the guy that made the copy of the key that came forward, not zealot.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 15, 2011, 03:02:34 am »
+2
I don't know if this has been said already or not, because I just came back, but isn't a bunch of clans paying for a server (and donations) kind of better than a single person (Zealot) paying it by himself?

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #253 on: July 15, 2011, 03:19:06 am »
+1
I don't know if this has been said already or not, because I just came back, but isn't a bunch of clans paying for a server (and donations) kind of better than a single person (Zealot) paying it by himself?
In most cases, yes. But getting people to cough up the dough every month is pretty hard. A lot of people like to say it should be run by donations, but they clam up when it's time to open the wallet.

I think Zealot and chadz have said that donations will probably be accepted, but the server won't rely on them.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2011, 03:21:04 am »
In most cases, yes. But getting people to cough up the dough every month is pretty hard. A lot of people like to say it should be run by donations, but they clam up when it's time to open the wallet.

I think Zealot and chadz have said that donations will probably be accepted, but the server won't rely on them.

I don't think Zealot can pay for all the slots by himself, so tell me, who will?