Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 34289 times)

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:28 pm »
+1
Also the poll seems to speak volumes about the way the NA players who mainly use the NA strat server feel. The Vast majority of NA players like the Strat server as it is and feel it is fair.
I agree, a biased poll made in the middle of the working day that was locked after it's originator went to every single Teamspeak he could and riled people up with divisive language is clearly indicative of the prevailing attitudes of the NA community.

Offline LLJK_Goatee

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • "swing Merrill! swing away"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ADTRW Shogunate
  • IRC nick: Socratic
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:33 pm »
ELLAKO in my Hebrew Gematria 69 is the number for reproduction and life so by locking the poll you have guaranteeing us life and locked yourself into the blasphemous number of 0 next to nine TIA.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline wylker

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2011, 09:54:44 pm »
You know, a lot of fan-bois have come to this thread to go up in arms about something or another. There has been some truth, a lot of panic and waved arms, and possibly the worst metaphor I have ever seen on the internet. Oh yeah some hyperbole too. The bottom line is that no one can give a single legitimate reason why this is in any way a bad thing for anyone beyond some veiled mistrust of Zealot.

Honestly this seems more and more like Ecko feels some weird desperate need to have some kind of power over the NA crpg community and has called in his henchmen to blast the thread. I even heard a rumor that someone went server to server on NA and used admin chat to drum up contention to this idea.

I'm sure if there was any valid point raised by any non-rabid member of the forum community then it would be addressed in a grown up fashion but since that has yet to happen in 10 pages maybe everyone should just

CALM DOWN

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2011, 09:55:54 pm »
As I said many time before, chadz WON'T CHANGE IT, You won't get anywhere by crying...
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:01 pm »
+1
You dont understand at all, you just think you do. You just said I think that is what Zealot is effectively doing.
your backing a known troll, and a power abuser with out knowing for sure.

Official North American Servers
Read below for more information..

So chadz asked me to post here to announce something to you guys, since you brought this thread up yourself.

For the last couple weeks I've been in talks with chadz to organize a set of servers for both, Battle, Siege, and Strategus that are officially endorsed by chadz, and his entire staff of official admins. This was only being discussed due to the fact there were no "official" servers for North America, unlike the European servers, which are official.

So long story short: I'm going to be throwing up a well-specced box (I'm a little too lazy to use multiple ones, deal with it) and paying for it, off this box the official North American servers will be hosted on it. The new official North American servers will be a..

Battle Server, Siege Server, and the official Strategus Server, slots for each of these servers is still being decided.

The servers and their entirety will be run and moderated by chadz and his team of moderators, these servers are completely neutral, and I have no control over them whatsoever. Remember: they are run by chadz, not me.

Consider this my gift to the community.

The servers are estimated to go up sometime next week, we'll see if the payment goes through without complications, but I'm estimating it for sometime next week. Just stick to the fact, this is a reality, and it is coming when it comes, I'll try to be as speedy as possible.

Remember, these are official servers run by chadz and his moderation teams, not run by me.

Someone missed this line.

Native, learn to read ffs. I am "thinking" this because it is True.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:58:56 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:56 pm »
+2
I just want to know why Ecko and Company hates chadz and Shik so much? The server will be run by them, and is better then Eckos box. I suspect all the people in favor of Ecko's server hates Freedom and America.

Offline Anti

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2011, 09:58:27 pm »
Ok...ok..ok...But seriously, Native give us another analogy plz?

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2011, 09:59:03 pm »
+1
I just want to know why Ecko and Company hates chadz and Shik so much? The server will be run by them, and is better then Eckos box. I suspect all the people in favor of Ecko's server hates Freedom and America.

I am a truck now.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2011, 10:00:30 pm »
Zealot had to scrounge to sneak the NA server passwords.

Ecko had very poor security. One of his trusted mods just gave Zealot the password. A literal "here is the keys, take her for a spin and crash her please." So getting back to Natives car analogy...

edit: OH! also, speaking of trusting people with things. Ecko apparently tracks our CD keys and IP's on his website and we have no say over that? Interesting.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:01:33 pm by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:01 pm »
+2
I am a truck now.
No no no, the car is the 1st-person perspective of the analogy's viewer. Other traffic on the road is either the European CRPG community or the disputed zone of Bure between Ethiopia and Eritrea.

The car's manufacturer, I guess, is man's inhumanity to man.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:04:27 pm by Slantedfloors »

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:11 pm »
+1
Yes you were winning the siege, it may not have been "close" but considering you had already started with a significant advantage in troops and equipment, I'd say we were doing pretty good. But when the servers came back up, half the defenders did not return to the battle. You took significantly less losses in both equipment and troops the second time around, in addition to being able to perfect your strategy.

The ideal thing to have done would have just moved the battle to the next day, to allow the defenders to rejoin the battle, since they were not on teamspeak and did not know to rejoin the battle.

The most important issue, is that the defenders were not notified to rejoin the battle, and instead of the original 60 players fighting against you, there were maybe 30, if that. That is why this is such a big issue, not that we were "winning" or anything like that.
Is this the best defence you can come up with?  Okay, I really shouldn't even be replying to this as the facts are evident, but here goes...

A) Only chadz can change battle times, which he does rarely for any reason.  Usually he effectively says "lulz deal with it."
B) People have brains: if they want to keep playing, they should rejoin on their own.  It is the individual's fault if he doesn't come back, ATS has no blame in that.  I always rejoin battles that crash as a merc.  And I recall a lot more than 30 rejoining, more like 40-50.
C) We had no idea what would happen when the server crashed.  personally I thought the battle would get bugged and ATS would lose everything (soldiers/equip).  Fortunately that didn't happen and it went back to the start of the battle.
D) We did get a better strategy the second time around, simply because we had more experience attacking the castle.  Throughout the battle we were getting more experience and getting better.  The defenders should have done the same.  Not our fault if they didn't take advantage of the opportunity.

Okay, and so it doesn't seem like I am derailing the thread, the point is this: ATS never did abuse the strat server, and does not abuse the siege or battle servers.  ATS let lots of admin in from other clans and clan-less people, including myself who just recently joined the clan.  Abusive admins have been weeded out as best as possible.  LLJK on the other hand has a reputation so large that I need not say any more.  Trolling, greifing, spamming, banning half the server for the lulz, and the like.  The ONLY way you will prevent this is to keep LLJK away from the server box.  If Classical will simply forward the money to chadz and not control the box, I will respect him greatly.  However, I still see no reason to shut down a perfectly good server that we used for months.  Keep both servers up if you are set on getting an official strat server, and fraps the entire battle on the ATS Strategus so you can report abuse.  You won't find any.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:02:49 pm by CtrlAltDe1337 »
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:31 pm »
If you want us to take you seriously, first take of the ATS tags, so we know you're not biased and second go to EU so you have no hard feelings to anyone, then we can take you seriously...
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:04 pm »
If you want us to take you seriously, first take of the ATS tags, so we know you're not biased and second go to EU so you have no hard feelings to anyone, then we can take you seriously...

i'll never take the tags off, but i will suggest that if you don't trust me you go for anyone but zealot

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2011, 10:10:40 pm »
i'll never take the tags off, but i will suggest that if you don't trust me you go for anyone but zealot
It turns out that Wylker will be heavily involved too, so your wish is granted.

Offline LLJK_Goatee

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • "swing Merrill! swing away"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ADTRW Shogunate
  • IRC nick: Socratic
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2011, 10:11:13 pm »

Hmm Ekco a troll in his own servers and a troll tf2 hat in his avatar makes u think...