Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 33799 times)

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO CLAN AMBASSADOR
  • Game nicks: roymorrison
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2011, 08:02:18 pm »
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2011, 08:02:53 pm »
+4
Just responding to this, because nearly everything in this is just..wrong, or the reason why it would be good for us to have official servers.

EU
  • Does not use NA for Beta Testers.
    That would change when we could get an official NA server. That's why a NA server would be good.
  • Has stated openly on numerous occasions that it does not and will not use NA for consideration on item balancing, only what EU does (So thank EU for fucking up your shit folks for the latest patch, as well as fixing what was broken and needed fixing, as it is all them and not us at all.).
    because we have no NA beta testers
  • When the glitch was found that Skills above tne did not work, EU servers received the fix but NA servers had to "wait" for the next patch.
    and why is that? because we don't have control of an official NA server
  • Has ignored NA on everything but hooking up and disconnecting new servers.
    like every other server except the official EU server? That's why an NA server would be good.
  • When the slot patch was implemented, mass banned 250 NA players right off the bat for "exploitation" on an impulse "fix" due to a few glitches found on a new game mode.
    Who the hell came up with that rumor. Accounts were frozen so I could investigate what the fuck happened without having newer stuff changing the image. The only other way would have been a 16 hour rollback. And this wasn't because the players are from NA, it was because all players of the happening servers were NA.
  • Only in the last few days started helping NA such as hooking up Ecko's servers with the new Admin gadgets or offering to set up a new "officially run" server...

All in all, I hate all this nationalistic shit. I'm probably the last person that thinks one country, one nation, one continent is better than another one.

Fact is: we treated NA like every other server out there, because we wanted to allow every server owner to do as he pleases, as long as it's within the rules.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:05:12 pm by chadz »

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2011, 08:04:02 pm »
+1
Just responding to this, because nearly everything in this is just..wrong, or the reason why it would be good for us to have official servers.

Please, take my servers and admin them. I only do it cause no one else will.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »

You should read about wistons churchills dad, he wanted a higher postion and he threatned to leave his post forever if he did not get it, guess what happened?
The goverment said, allright then of you go...

Yeah, that won't work ;)
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2011, 08:07:04 pm »

All in all, I hate all this nationalistic shit. I'm probably the last person that thinks one country, one nation, one continent is better than another one.

Fact is: we treated NA like every other server out there, because we wanted to allow every server owner to do as he pleases, as long as it's within the rules.

I've always supported NA official servers. Find the team to manage it, the admins, and i'll be game. Less hassle for me. But i stand by my comments on zealot. You'd be a fool to work with him.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:23 pm »
+1

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, the "nationalistic shit" is only encouraged on irc and in the in-game chats (thank your player base and life in general). In the famous words of a few Admins "Deal With It" as it will never change. I also think that ever culture or nation (or continent) is not better then one another, part of the rich complicated nature of life.

But to be fair, my post is a result of what a lot of NA players think regardless of whether or not it is true or well-founded. For god's sake look at this:
People claimed that we, the devs, didn't care for NA enough, and I think it was true. That's why we are looking forward to expanding our staff with NA admins and NA betatesters and whatnot.
When people like even you say things like this, of course NA goes up in arms with suspicion.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline legionarei

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_legionarei
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2011, 08:19:45 pm »
I've always supported NA official servers. Find the team to manage it, the admins, and i'll be game. Less hassle for me. But i stand by my comments on zealot. You'd be a fool to work with him.

I guess it's foolish to take free stuff from someone who is trying to make the game better just because they have a certain tag ... come on people, all Zealot has to gain from this is an empty wallet if anything fishy happens. You think chadz won't be watching like a hawk? If you don't trust Zealot trust the guy who made crpg.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2011, 08:23:41 pm »
When people like even you say things like this, of course NA goes up in arms with suspicion.

You are suspicious that chadz has admitted to something and has committed himself to changing things for the better? I know he likes to troll but common man that's a weird reason to get worked up and suspicious.

As for the nationalistic shit...

Vote or Die 7/14/2011

Currently, chadz has made the decision to no longer let me run the NA strategus servers.

Please click  HERE  to vote on who you would like to run the new servers.

Not doing knee jerk things like this would be a good start to clearing up all this needless outrage and concern. This whole thread was an impulsive bad idea.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2011, 08:26:59 pm »
If you don't trust Zealot trust the guy who made crpg.

Quote from: Delro
Zealot = known troll
chadz = known troll

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2011, 08:29:47 pm »
Actually in this case, someone is willing to do it. It's chadz.

Offline LLJK_Fellblade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Voted best LARPer Calgary 2010
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Fellblade
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2011, 08:31:25 pm »

I'll admin them bro, no probs.

Offline arab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: im gay
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2011, 08:34:12 pm »
+1

Here is my resume

Offline hotcobbler

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus or a gun? How about both son?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Featherbottom
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2011, 08:48:56 pm »
+1
Do you honestly think a "trophy forum thread" (which doesn't exist, and is against SA rules for the most part) is worth a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars? Do you actually think our Private Forums threads are just so we can plan the next big grief (spearheaded by our most retarded members)?

For the most part, all we do is argue about how effective arrows should be and call Damug "Badug"

Please, nobody its buying the tired excuses of lljk. The clan's nature is well known. Does Carl Rove write your spin?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:53:29 pm by hotcobbler »
Damn right I drink beer sideways.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2011, 08:50:23 pm »
+1
You are suspicious that chadz has admitted to something and has committed himself to changing things for the better? I know he likes to troll but common man that's a weird reason to get worked up and suspicious.

I may have not worded that correctly. My point is not that chadz admitted to making a mistake and that created suspicion. The point that I was trying to make was that a lot of NA players already were suspicious, and that chadz admitting that there was a mistake shows that those suspicions did not come out of nowhere.

To make my personal stance clear, without reflecting on what some other NA players show that I play with or hear about:
I am happy that chadz thinks there was a mistake.
I am happy that chadz is interested in letting NA play in the sandbox to begin with and allowing us to have unofficial servers so we can have real ping.
I am happy that he is interested in setting up NA Official connections and am I looking forward to seeing how this new server works and is managed.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2011, 08:52:08 pm »
Do you honestly think a "trophy forum thread" (which doesn't exist, and is against SA rules for the most part) is worth a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars? Do you actually think our Private Forums threads are just so we can plan the next big grief (spearheaded by our most retarded members)?

For the most part, all we do is argue about how effective arrows should be and call Damug "Badug"

Actually I totally did think that. Thanks for clearing that up :D