Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 35619 times)

Offline hotcobbler

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus or a gun? How about both son?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Featherbottom
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 06:55:19 pm »
+3
Now common people, way to get carried away. Why would Zealot pay a crap ton of money out of his own pocket, and give up all influence to chadz, only to do something like that and have it all taken down? It's not like chadz would allow that sort of thing to happen, and if it did, he certainly wouldn't allow it to continue.

Then what is he going to do, steal his own money?

Instead of stringing up Zealot, we should be thanking him for his generosity so that we can split the strain of the new players that will be coming back for strat, and also for giving us official servers for NA players, which we have gone without for ages.

I'd like to request that the poll be taken down and it does not reflect the truth and is only serving to spread discourse and misinformation on a subject that is actually simple and clear.

Dude, have you ever played with LLJK? You sound like you're from a different world. I'm not even talking about this game exclusively; their clan is from somethingawful.com, the biggest bridge to ever spawn masses of trolls on the internet. THAT IS THE POINT OF THEIR CLAN.

You come off as extremely naive. I appreciate your sentement, but letting LLJK be involved in any part of this is like letting a cokehead run a daycare. I don't care what anyone says, money talks, bullshit walks. If you're in charge of the finances of a server, or anything in the real world for that matter, you are effectively in charge of that server. This is how the real world works, and the sooner we wise up to it the better off the community will be.

Now, let's get to the part where we suggest a reasonable solution. Why not allow all of those who would like to contribute to a new server do so. Hell, Zealot can even put forward the first year's worth if he's so magnanimous. However, this would go to chadz, he would purchase the server, and run it himself with those he deems fit to help. This way everyone can contribute, the burden of cost is split among many so there is not one controlling interest, and everyone benefits from a truly neutral server/s. Please tell me why this is not the best solution.
Damn right I drink beer sideways.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 06:56:06 pm »
If the result of this poll were 100%/ 0% would there honestly be any change whatsoever? If not i'd ask admins to lock this thread right now as it's really just wasting time. If so then please make it be publicly known.

Offline Dasty

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among the Shadows
  • Game nicks: Dasty, Dasty_ATS
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 06:56:20 pm »
this is the problem with the ats servers. I wasnt around for this so called reset but have heard many accounts about it from various clans/people, and you must agree it sounds fishy as hell.

People also say lljk are bad will cheat etc etc.  Ats servers have more than a few BADMINS.  why can't lljk get a chance to do it too. Its fun to troll and cause chaos on others servers but give them a chance.  you also cannot condemn a whole clan  for the actions of a few. were that the case i would hate all ats members

First, I wasn't in ATS when the so called reset happened but it doesn't sound fishy at all. Back then the server wasn't upgraded as it is today and could have easily crapped out during a large battle back when NA had many players.

Second, I do not think everyone in lljk are bad and will cheat. All I am saying is that Zealot, alone and no ties to lljk, is a bad choice for buying a new server. I disagree with any new server for NA as we already have enough but if someone were to be paying for it I think they would be obligated to have some control over it and I would not want to see Zealot doing this.

Hell, it might be a good idea to have some of the more responsible lljk members to have some admin privileges. I don't exactly how the new admin system works but it seems like you can limit their actions. So having them first start out with a few actions such as kicks and mutes and admin chat might be a good idea.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 06:56:38 pm »
+1
I honestly think we've all grown up as a community, including the ATS people. They used to be really bad with admin abusing, but I know now they will not do that anymore.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 06:57:07 pm »
Besides, ATS servers won't be going anywhere that I see, besides Strategus.  Devs just want to host their own official ones and do their own thing.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 07:00:18 pm »
Now common people, way to get carried away. Why would Zealot pay a crap ton of money out of his own pocket, and give up all influence to chadz, only to do something like that and have it all taken down? It's not like chadz would allow that sort of thing to happen, and if it did, he certainly wouldn't allow it to continue.

Then what is he going to do, steal his own money?

Instead of stringing up Zealot, we should be thanking him for his generosity so that we can split the strain of the new players that will be coming back for strat, and also for giving us official servers for NA players, which we have gone without for ages.

I'd like to request that the poll be taken down and it does not reflect the truth and is only serving to spread discourse and misinformation on a subject that is actually simple and clear.

It'll only take about a month or so to get situated, and the troll stunt can commence. We all know LLJK has a surplus of cash anyway (with their $10 entry fee the goons have to be rolling in dough) so what's a couple hundred bucks for an epic stunt that trolls the community of an entire game?

(Don't listen to me, I'm being cynical today)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 07:01:30 pm »
+1
Dude, have you ever played with LLJK? You sound like you're from a different world. I'm not even talking about this game exclusively; their clan is from somethingawful.com, the biggest bridge to ever spawn masses of trolls on the internet. THAT IS THE POINT OF THEIR CLAN.

You come off as extremely naive. I appreciate your sentement, but letting LLJK be involved in any part of this is like letting a cokehead run a daycare. I don't care what anyone says, money talks, bullshit walks. If you're in charge of the finances of a server, or anything in the real world for that matter, you are effectively in charge of that server. This is how the real world works, and the sooner we wise up to it the better off the community will be.

Now, let's get to the part where we suggest a reasonable solution. Why not allow all of those who would like to contribute to a new server do so. Hell, Zealot can even put forward the first year's worth if he's so magnanimous. However, this would go to chadz, he would purchase the server, and run it himself with those he deems fit to help. This way everyone can contribute, the burden of cost is split among many so there is not one controlling interest, and everyone benefits from a truly neutral server/s. Please tell me why this is not the best solution.
And if Zealot started making demands, the devs would be forced to meet them... why? He's the one doing them a favor, the dev team doesn't lose anything if the server shuts down.

Your solution isn't bad, but we could have already done this in the past and it wasn't done, so... what's new?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 07:03:43 pm »
+1

Did you...did you listen to a word I said? Or anyone? Did you even read chadz's post?

Well. Quoting for the new page then.

If there's one external person that I'd first and foremost let the NA server run, it's Ecko. This is in no way an attempt to "overthrow" you or something.

But the NA community got weird lately. Lots of quarrels, lots of fighting, be it verbally or with actions. This is no good, not at all. So the offer to receive a totally neutral NA server was like the best thing that could happen. And I gladly accepted.

People claimed that we, the devs, didn't care for NA enough, and I think it was true. That's why we are looking forward to expanding our staff with NA admins and NA betatesters and whatnot.

Bottom line: it's better if strategus is run officially, than by a clan. Any clan.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline arab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: im gay
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 07:03:57 pm »
Let's all keep in mind that ZEALOT IS NOT GOING TO BE ADMINISTRATING THE SERVERS. He is going to be setting them up for chadz.

And to address the hate towards Zealot, please keep in mind that Ecko's server's admin password got leaked because he gave it to anyone who would put his dick in their mouth.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 07:04:55 pm »
+1
All zealot did was ban couple people on Ecko servers cuz his password was leaked. Then changed the name to Ecko Is Gay. That is hardly a mastermind hacking and nefarious behavior. Having this new box that is superior to Eckos because it is the latest and bestest one, is a good thing. Having the Devs working with the NA community is a good thing. 

Offline Dasty

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among the Shadows
  • Game nicks: Dasty, Dasty_ATS
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 07:05:18 pm »
I find it interesting how so many LLJK members have come in here to support Zealot.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 07:07:01 pm »
+1
I find it interesting how so many LLJK members have come in here to support Zealot.

We are coming in here to support chadz and the Devs.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 07:07:10 pm »
+2
Just as interesting as Ecko going server to server using admin chat to ask for support? What's your point here?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline arab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: im gay
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 07:07:19 pm »
+2

I find it interesting how so many Northern Empire members have come in here to support Ecko.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 07:07:37 pm »
+3
And to address the hate towards Zealot, please keep in mind that Ecko's server's admin password got leaked because he gave it to anyone who would put his dick in their mouth.

Shall we look at the LLJK server and how some of their admins operate? Did you remove Goat yet from Admin, or no?
I find it interesting how so many Northern Empire members have come in here to support Ecko.
I find it interesting how LLJK and ATS members can not for once in their lives shut the fuck up about each other.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.