Author Topic: Meet the Archer and Crossbowwoman!  (Read 34614 times)

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
Re: Meet the Archer and Crossbowwoman!
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2011, 12:26:13 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2011, 12:42:00 pm »
HaHa yeah.

By your logic it should be viable for a cav player to carry a great lance and nothing else, and when their horse falls they should request a buff.

Thats what it sounds like. Archery is still good it just takes a bit of skill, this is ok. Requesting a buff because you are lazy is weak and you dont deserve any reward for such an attitude.

Finally cutting and shutting peoples responses is a dodgy persuasive technique lil champ.

" archers should defend in melee, and not expect to one shot?" I quoted you just to prove a point.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline 22nd_Hawk_Cmdr_Harlequin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2011, 01:50:06 pm »
Yeah, bowe your heads towards the master of all the classes of this game  :rolleyes:

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2011, 01:56:39 pm »
Some people talk about what they know and some people talk about what the think they know.

Anyway archery has not became more about skill.  Archer always has been a conundrum or luck and skill.  Until recently skill has been on the higher end of the scale...now it is reversed.  I've shot, watched the arrow fly, and 20 minutes later as it is about to hit and 15 people have ran through its flight path; thought to myself "oh %$#^!!!" and it hits a tm meleeplayer who unknowingly ran into its arc.  OK maybe a little over the top. 

In xbow duels I notice some are not really that far behind me in loading.  I don't know if the nerf has affected hitboxes or not, but yesterday I watched 9 (true) arrows go through a guy guarding the flag, granted my ping was almost 200...but wow.

Everybody quotes shooting 18 arrows a minute, that may be possible.  For true archers who draw, aim, pick a target, draw, aim, pick a target again, etc. I would venture to say it is much less.  I won't get into the xbow comparison.........yet.

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2011, 02:02:20 pm »
The problem is not the accuracy of arrows, but rather the time it takes for them to travel.

It has based on what I can see become far to easy to dodge arrows, beyond point blank range.

Example:

I engaged three archers from about 15m(dehorsed as HA, so I am as slow as a turtle without a horse), I spent the next minute or two looping around in circles dodging every arrow they fired until the rest of my team arrived and killed all three.

Before the patch I would have been hit and probably killed if I tried the same.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:03:25 pm by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline sWalker

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2011, 02:37:50 pm »
+1
Let me start by saying I have no hate for xbows (ok maybe a little but lets not let that cloud my point).  Archery should be returned to pre-patch levels...we don't want a buff.  I personally know that archery is the hardest major class to play post patch...which is why I can make this challenge.

I am offering 100k in gold to any non-archer main, that rolls an archer alt, and posts a positive kdr by reaching level 31.    Rules:  1.  You can't have an archer main.  2.  You can't create a STF archer.  3.  It must be a pure archer...all wpf's must be 1 except for archery.

*good luck and have fun...and feel free to post your experience(no matter how early you quit) on the forum.

Sincerely,
S. Patrick Walker

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2011, 02:48:50 pm »

Ya, I think the point has been made :/

Now fix it FASADOR!
Just a soldier

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2011, 06:49:32 pm »
2.  You can't create a STF archer. 

This is a bit of an unreasonable request for your "challenge". 
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2011, 06:57:20 pm »
Agree, whoever would do that post-patch really has no life.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2011, 08:29:39 pm »
Let me start by saying I have no hate for xbows (ok maybe a little but lets not let that cloud my point).  Archery should be returned to pre-patch levels...we don't want a buff.  I personally know that archery is the hardest major class to play post patch...which is why I can make this challenge.

I am offering 100k in gold to any non-archer main, that rolls an archer alt, and posts a positive kdr by reaching level 31.    Rules:  1.  You can't have an archer main.  2.  You can't create a STF archer.  3.  It must be a pure archer...all wpf's must be 1 except for archery.

*good luck and have fun...and feel free to post your experience(no matter how early you quit) on the forum.

Sincerely,
S. Patrick Walker

I would take that back if I was you. Knowing Paul he'd probably do it without even using the bow once.  :lol:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:12 pm »

Sincerely,
S. Patrick Walker

Meet the Photoshop?

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2011, 08:41:17 pm »
look how many times do you miss given a longbow fires about 18 per minute that you need 36 arrows.

I understand you cannot fight in melee that is why your a dedicated archer but surely you realise that archers are far from useless at the moment this illusion is fed by archers unwillingness to allow for some melee at all this is crazy.

I don't think light armour like cavalry robe is that bad or that it effects accuracy to a large extent.

if anything the buff archers need is bastard swords being 1 slot.

Archers shouldn't be forced to fight in melee. It's not their purpose. That's like suggesting an HA should also be a 1h shield cav. It makes no sense and you shouldn't force dedicated range builds to have to fight in melee in order to be effective.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2011, 04:11:48 am »
so what if a walk up to you with my sword erect and ready I can just penetrate you and you wont try to prevent me. nice your right archers should be super fast and have no need for a melee weapon. sounds fair doesn't it.......

I was making a point with the fire rate thing with aiming you will not go through very many arrows at all. Who said 1H weapons are bad you're wrong look at their stats, very good actually. If archers need a buff at all it would just be a couple more arrows in a bag so they can carry a melee weapon that isn't completely shit.

You're all arguing the same point and you're all biased and dodgy. I dont need to hear im so slow, my arrows are too slow,  i cant hit anything... just move closer to the combat (facepalm). This game relies on people loosing you cant be Legolas or Robin hood. In my opinion every class that is every class should carry a melee weapon.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2011, 04:15:36 am »
btw my archer is level 28 with a positive kdr now so do i get a prize or something? 950 kills to 850 deaths
PK is back

Offline sWalker

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2011, 04:22:40 am »
+1
nope...reroll go from 1 to 31 and have a positive kdr as a pure archer(all wpf in archery) post patch and you receive 100k.

S. Patrick Walker