Author Topic: I'm Innocent, promise... :P  (Read 5700 times)

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Re: I'm Innocent, promise... :P
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 11:06:50 pm »
+1
lol, no, I'm heterosexual. Amber, my fiance, doesn't really play pc games, more like pop cap games and card games. On the Wii, however, she is a crazed maniac who plays all of the Mario games she can get. Id like to get her to play a MMO with me but it's just not in the cards. Were getting married summer of 2012.

You should be calling her fiancee then, not fiance.

Fiance is what you are. <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 11:08:52 pm »
Why are you all so quick to accept this awfully conveniant explanation that covers everything? it's TOO convenient... I have another explanation...

Devilize, having accumalted a couple hundered in donations was overcome by greed at the seemingly endless amount of money that he was now in possession of; he hired some lady on the street to make his voicemail message as he did not want to get a new phone, and he wasn't sure how to turn off the steam friends list.. anyways; he took his ill gotten two hundred or so dollars and fled to mexico to live a life of luxury and sin with his endless funds. Ecko caught wind of this though and sent Dog the bounty hunter to capture Devilize and bring him before the high council of the northern empire to answer for his sins. When Dog the bounty hunter caught up with devilize as he was struggling to jump the fence into Mexico, devilize was able to bribe Dog with his copious wealth into verifying this nonsense story that devilize has posted... thus devilize was able to return and pretend nothing had really happened... he would have gotten away with it too but Huey is the master of conspiracies and through exposure to him, I too was able to see through his flimsty story... I'm on to you!
xD
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 11:15:45 pm »
Lies! I saw him lurking in some other forums only a few days ago!

Hmm, do we have June already?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:16:50 pm by Ginosaji »

Offline Devilize

• Baron
  • Renown: 125
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!!!
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_NA Server info
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devilize, Hospitaller_Devil_Eyez
  • IRC nick: Devilize
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 11:44:11 pm »
+1
You should be calling her fiancee then, not fiance.

Fiance is what you are. <3

Your correct i apologize for my grammar.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 11:46:15 pm »
yeah yeah yeah stop bragging yeesh anywho who cares we are now all Rabble Rabble Rabble over the Classical drama, you are ancient history!

But seriously, congratulations, that is wonderful news!

I can't believe you made me zoom all the way in for that. I was expecting more.  :mad:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:50:13 pm by SeQuel »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 11:48:56 pm »
I can believe you made me zoom all the way in for that. I was expecting more.  :mad:

Sowwy!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 06:07:20 am »
Good to have you back boss :D

Glad the guy that allowed me to admin did not leave town :D
Just a soldier

Offline Rycon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rycon
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 07:26:07 am »
+1

Hah! Funny response, that.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 09:25:50 am »
I can't believe you made me zoom all the way in for that. I was expecting more.  :mad:

You do know that you could just quote it and see it right?

Sowwy!

No reason to apologize!!!!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 09:28:50 am »
You do know that you could just quote it and see it right?

No reason to apologize!!!!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
That is the same trick I use when someone uses a bunch of spoilers in spoilers! It works rather well and saves a lot of time, as after I hit the third or fourth spoiler then I tend to get bored and impatient hahahaha  :lol:

Say, who else thinks that it is stupid that we can make white text?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »

You're grammer weren't tha prollem, it were the spelling

:mrgreen:

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2011, 08:57:49 pm »
Where the heck did you find time for gaming while schooling.. especially while working...

I'd ask you to unban me, but I found something to obsess on besides M&B and playing games, which I mention seeing what you went to school for...

UDK
http://www.udk.com/features
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Devilize

• Baron
  • Renown: 125
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!!!
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_NA Server info
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devilize, Hospitaller_Devil_Eyez
  • IRC nick: Devilize
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 08:01:18 am »
+3
You're grammer weren't tha prollem, it were the spelling

:mrgreen:

"spelling" falls under grammar as grammar is a generalization of the rules that define a language. I also used it to cover the mistake of using "she" defined as "fiance" instead of fiancee, which can be described as a syntax error within a sentence, this also falls under the generalization of grammar.

Where the heck did you find time for gaming while schooling.. especially while working...

I'd ask you to unban me, but I found something to obsess on besides M&B and playing games, which I mention seeing what you went to school for...

UDK
http://www.udk.com/features

As is available in most if not all high schools (generally year 9-12) in USA I was given the option to duel enroll into college while going into high school for my 11th and 12th year. I graduated high school 05 had my associates in 06 and bachelors in 09. (would have been 08 but had to wait till summer to take my mandatory 80 hours of internship)

So I've done all my crunch time and currently taking it slow with my current schooling, I do 3 classes on average which are 4 hour classes once a week generally at night or weekends. My job is unique in that most of it is done right from home and any work i do whether it takes me 20 mins or 14 hours counts as 8 hours salary. It's rare for me to have to put more then 20 hours of work in a week. There are other benefits but I suppose the downfalls are that I am on call 24 hours if anything should happen within my region. (which can cover as much as a 2 hour drive) The situation is rare but happens, I always triple check my work to make sure the reason isn't one of my own, but if something can happen it will happen.

So all in all I generally have a good amount of time for myself to do w/e.

On the gaming aspect, that is not my field. Sure the languages are used and I can, for the most part, understand what is going on in said script, but I have absolutely no desire to get into the gaming industry.

Firstly its cutthroat to high hell. Companies in the gaming industry will go on a hire spree for development of a new product and once the product is complete they will drop 75% or higher of the new employees and pick up a fresh batch to keep the cost of production down. It happens like clockwork across the board for large and small companies because the field is saturated with new would be devs who want the make their "dream game". 

If you do happen to find a steady job you will be overworked and underpaid all the way through, It's even worse in EU.  This is assuming that you actually get into the business, but if you do its a lot like government jobs, once your in your in. I'm afraid the list goes on but if you like stats I can say that about 90 percent of my class graduated with intent for the gaming industry and now just about all of them are doing a job they didn't go to school for.

The grass isn't exactly greener over here either however work is steady and you will more likely be paid what you deserve. Since I want to marry and raise a family this is exactly what I needed and wanted, I enjoy my job and I'm happy to have it. Only thing I'm unhappy about is where I'm living which will change in the next year.

:arrow: Couple tips for those interested in the computer science field.

- Employers are more interested in a broader range of skills then a higher range. Get a bachelors and then start getting certifications in other areas such as cisco. (in short don't do what I'm doing, a master wont get you much further but experience will, in fact, having a masters can over qualify you for jobs.

- If you have a degree in computer science with certification in medical terminology you will never be without a job for the rest of your natural born life. It is a very sought after skill set and very rare to find.

- Experience is everything in this field, if you can prove that you have a 4 year skill set with C++ and 2 years with C# you will get a job. So practice practice practice.

- This job, like the medical field, is always changing and updating, stay in the know, go to conferences, keep reading and learning and take classes through work. (several will pay for your classes so you can be of more use to them, don't let this waste.) 

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 11:05:39 am »
On the gaming aspect, that is not my field. Sure the languages are used and I can, for the most part, understand what is going on in said script, but I have absolutely no desire to get into the gaming industry.

Firstly its cutthroat to high hell. Companies in the gaming industry will go on a hire spree for development of a new product and once the product is complete they will drop 75% or higher of the new employees and pick up a fresh batch to keep the cost of production down. It happens like clockwork across the board for large and small companies because the field is saturated with new would be devs who want the make their "dream game". 

If you do happen to find a steady job you will be overworked and underpaid all the way through, It's even worse in EU.  This is assuming that you actually get into the business, but if you do its a lot like government jobs, once your in your in. I'm afraid the list goes on but if you like stats I can say that about 90 percent of my class graduated with intent for the gaming industry and now just about all of them are doing a job they didn't go to school for.

As a software developer living in EU (I'm also making games, Devilize knows at least one of them :D) I can confirm that. I'm making all sorts of software, from web productions to games and the most fun I have making games - but it's also the worst paid work with a lot of crunch times. It's also the only branche where you have to deal with angry customers of your customer.

- Employers are more interested in a broader range of skills then a higher range. Get a bachelors and then start getting certifications in other areas such as cisco. (in short don't do what I'm doing, a master wont get you much further but experience will, in fact, having a masters can over qualify you for jobs.

I'd make the masters (at least in the EU) if I want to do more theoretical and specialized work. Otherwise it could make you over qualified, that's true.

- Experience is everything in this field, if you can prove that you have a 4 year skill set with C++ and 2 years with C# you will get a job. So practice practice practice.

IMHO nowadays it's not about programming languages but technologies. Learning a programming language is a matter of days, maybe weeks, but technologies and different libraries are a lot more complicated.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »
:arrow: Couple tips for those interested in the computer science field.

- If you have a degree in computer science with certification in medical terminology you will never be without a job for the rest of your natural born life. It is a very sought after skill set and very rare to find.

- This job, like the medical field, is always changing and updating, stay in the know, go to conferences, keep reading and learning and take classes through work. (several will pay for your classes so you can be of more use to them, don't let this waste.)

Sounds Similar to mine.
Engineering is tough(In the US they wish to make a standard degree have as much credits as a BS+MS). Though having a Masters goes further in this field.
(total schooling +interning= 8 years for just BS and job, 10 years if you do masters. Sucks horribly)