Author Topic: Is all this perm death a joke now????  (Read 5117 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Is all this perm death a joke now????
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 07:34:50 pm »
I don't remember. I don't concern myself with such trivial things like remembering anything long term.

Have you considered suing your brains for non-support?

Anyways back on topic the OP must have used tons of hours gettin to that lvl be it a joke or not i dont even think its funny the guy clicks retire and put all hes work away just cause chadz thought it would be kewl to tell people in the changelog that perma death would occur once u got high enough lvl.

Most of us old players knows chadz like to troll but apparently this guy didn't and it costed him tons of game hours..
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:38:47 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 07:35:45 pm »
Have you considered suing your brains for non-support?

What?

I don't think I can sue myself, nor do I have multiple brains...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 07:41:11 pm »
What?

I don't think I can sue myself, nor do I have multiple brains...

If you had another brain, it would be lonely.  :mrgreen:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 07:44:41 pm »
Yeah..i guess it was a troll.

That kind of trolling is really irresponsible, especially when you are the developer of a game, and people trust you, and hang on your every word.

Might have been funny..heh, heh....but for poor people like the OP its really a problem.  It's a little different than telling someone to ALT-F4 to fix a game setting or something.

Troll responsibly!
chadz isn't a developer for a game. He is a developer of a mod. For an indie game. And the mod is still in Beta.

He's really big for one in his field when you think about it. Bigger than a lot of professional developers and WAY more known than most of them.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 07:48:46 pm »
chadz isn't a developer for a game. He is a developer of a mod. For an indie game. And the mod is still in Beta.

He's really big for one in his field when you think about it. Bigger than a lot of professional developers and WAY more known than most of them.

And what correlation does this post of yours have to chadz "fucking shit up because he trolls?"
Call him a purple striped yellow poka-dotted equus africanus asinus for all I care, he still trolls and then is "surprised" when new-ish players find out the hard way and ruin his/her characters/game.

I would not mind chadz trolling if he were to stop acting surprised when people fall for his shit.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 07:51:02 pm »
And what correlation does this post of yours have to chadz "fucking shit up because he trolls?"
Call him a purple striped yellow poka-dotted equus africanus asinus for all I care, he still trolls and then is "surprised" when new-ish players find out the hard way and ruin his/her characters/game.

I would not mind chadz trolling if he were to stop acting surprised when people fall for his shit.

Then he would not be successful troll.

Also, this coming from the guy with a name "Naive Peasant."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 07:53:24 pm »
Also, this coming from the guy with a name "Naive Peasant."

hey Hey HEY! I busted my ass off working for that title!  :mrgreen:
It took a month and a half of ramped up dialed to 11 BS spewing to try and get it! I was expecting "Village Idiot" but "Naive Peasant" works too and has a nicer ring.

Besides, if my title is Naive Peasant, then what I say naturally must be Naive, yes? And if he is a successfull troll then he should expect people to fall for hsi cunning devilish ways!

Keep on dancing Dexxtaa, keep on dancing <3
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:55:13 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 08:00:35 pm »
+1

Oh nothing at all. I just wanted to remind him and others about it. Too many people think of chadz and the rest of Team Don-kay as game developers when they really are making a mod (granted, a FUCKING AWESOME, successful, well loved (hence the rage whenever it changes) and deep mod, but still a mod).
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:21 pm »
Oh nothing at all. I just wanted to remind him and others about it. Too many people think of chadz and the rest of Team Don-kay as game developers when they really are making a mod (granted, a FUCKING AWESOME, successful, well loved (hence the rage whenever it changes) and deep mod, but still a mod).

Very true, very true. If I paid money then I would be upset about blah blah blah, but considering it is free, everything is at best an irritance if something major goes wrong.

Offline Odion

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Odion_IV, Odion_Power
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 08:04:06 pm »
i retired because i was afraid for getting a "perm death" i grinded to lvl 32 and now people telling me that it was a joke? WTF!!!
even chadz wrote somethign about that the "perm death" was true. So i believed him. omfg......!!!

GIVE ME MY CHAR LVL 32 BACK!!!! >_< or 2 heirloom points!!! :O

you sound like the kind of person that would kill his whole family if a jehovah witness knocked on the door and told you the world was going to end today.

you probably believe everyting you read in the news too

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 08:30:10 pm »
+1
Live and learn. Rules of crpg;

1. Do not believe anything you are told about crpg, especially from a dev or server admin until you can verify it yourself.
2. 'Soon' is 3 to 6 months.
3. Patchnotes don't exist because nothing was actually changed, we are part of a clever behavioral experiment.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline McCart

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 08:57:52 pm »
fail?

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 12:20:51 am »
+2
i retired because i was afraid for getting a "perm death" i grinded to lvl 32 and now people telling me that it was a joke? WTF!!!
even chadz wrote somethign about that the "perm death" was true. So i believed him. omfg......!!!

GIVE ME MY CHAR LVL 32 BACK!!!! >_< or 2 heirloom points!!! :O

So you retired, or deleted your character? If you retired, you should have gotten an heirloom point, and jeez, it doesn't take too long to get back to 30 at the least. Yeah going 30-32 will suck, but its not the end of the world.

If you deleted your character, which I don't think you did but asking for heirloom points back seems to point in that direction, then I have no sympathy for you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 01:19:26 am »
'Trolling' is just code for being an asshole.  Some people think that's cool and like to encourage it; the appropriate descriptor for such people is 'moron'.  We are, sadly, awash, in such people.  If this sort of thing were discouraged, we would have more players and a better community.  But.. some sad people have no better way to get attention I guess.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 01:24:30 am »
'Trolling' is just code for being an asshole.  Some people think that's cool and like to encourage it; the appropriate descriptor for such people is 'moron'.  We are, sadly, awash, in such people.  If this sort of thing were discouraged, we would have more players and a better community.  But.. some sad people have no better way to get attention I guess.

no its not, here stolen from wikipedia, also I can attest to this definition as I have been on online since before the 1990's

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory[citation needed], extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted". While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, mass media uses troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[4][5]

The contemporary use of the term is alleged to have appeared on the Internet in the late 1980s,[8] but the earliest known example is from 1992.[9] Early non-internet related use of trolling for actions deliberately performed to provoke a reaction can be found in the military; by 1972 the term trolling for MiGs was documented in use by US Navy pilots in Vietnam.[10]

Early history

The most likely derivation of the word troll can be found in the phrase "trolling for newbies", popularized in the early 1990s in the Usenet group, alt.folklore.urban (AFU).[11][12]

Commonly, what is meant is a relatively gentle inside joke by veteran users, presenting questions or topics that had been so overdone that only a new user would respond to them earnestly. For example, a veteran of the group might make a post on the common misconception that glass flows over time. Long-time readers would both recognize the poster's name and know that the topic had been discussed a lot, but new subscribers to the group would not realize, and would thus respond. These types of trolls served as a practice to identify group insiders. This definition of trolling, considerably narrower than the modern understanding of the term, was considered a positive contribution.[11][13] One of the most notorious AFU trollers, Snopes,[11] went on to create his eponymous urban folklore website.

By the late 1990s, alt.folklore.urban had such heavy traffic and participation that trolling of this sort was frowned upon. Others expanded the term to include the practice of playing a seriously misinformed or deluded user, even in newsgroups where one was not a regular; these were often attempts at humor rather than provocation. In such contexts, the noun troll usually referred to an act of trolling, rather than to the author.

/ontopic LOL @ the guy who retired thinking he was gonna die, only problem was it wasn't kesh or it would be ultra LOL
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:25:51 am by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!