Author Topic: Website update: Skip the fun  (Read 28674 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Website update: Skip the fun
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2011, 11:49:22 am »
Why not make it that you can only STF an Alt, and not a main and once you STF you can't select to make it a main for Strat. I like not having to delete my char, why not go one step further. I have a build I'm itching to try but I have to wait 6 days, and that makes a sad face of us all.

Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2011, 12:45:31 pm »
At the same time, I want to tell that we are forbidding the use of multiple Warband serials per player. This is, for now, just an information, and not being punished. It's merely an official announcement to prepare for it. In the future, it will probably lead to the 2nd serial being banned altogether if it is just running parallel, and both being banned if it was used to exploit. Just saying  :wink:

Also, we will probably release "further website changes" in the next days, stay tuned.

:|

So I should tell my brother to buy a new computer? I know a bunch of people who have two players living in the same house, so I don't know how you're going to manage this without cutting people out.

I'm sure you know that it's pretty easy to get multiple IPs at once if you do have multiple computers (the easiest way being to simply alternate your ISP - it's economic for me to have 2 ISPs even with only 1 PC, I'm sure that in the USA where there aren't any data caps, wifi theft is more viable), so anyone who actually wants to buy another cd-key to grind (why wouldn't you just un-equip items?) isn't going to be phased by this news if they have a pair of Warband capable PCs. Frankly, I don't know why anyone would care anyway, it's not as though insider trading between friends is going to be regulated.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:02 pm »
If you STF your Main -> 7 days cooldown time
If you STF you alt -> no cooldown time

what about this? It couldnt be exploited in strat I guess

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2011, 02:30:16 pm »
If you STF your Main -> 7 days cooldown time
If you STF you alt -> no cooldown time

what about this? It couldnt be exploited in strat I guess

Well this can be exploited, i create 2 chars assign one as a main use STF on the other one, delete the main and make the STF one the main and play strat, no?
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline 22nd_Hawk_Cmdr_Harlequin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »
You can't make a new main one if the character was already existing while you had a Main one. So if I create 2 characters, make 1 main, the other one will never be able to be Main.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2011, 06:49:51 pm »
+1
the thing is, it is the same argument as for the CD on STF, so you cannot tailor chars for strat, so, what is the difference here?

You could make a STF, make it main, go to strat. Now you have to wait a week for new STF available, what would change if you would have to wait week for setting new main? I say nothing.

Just moving the cooldown from one feature to the other is not solution.

If you bothered reading what I wrote.

I said that so that people who doesn't care about strategus (Oh god forbid) such as me can play whatever build I want in battle because of my limited attention span to a single build.

So while it may not make a difference to you it will make a huge difference to anyone who doesn't want to play strategus or just doesn't care.

I don't need to set my character main if I want to play Battle.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:51:15 pm by Patricia »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2011, 09:37:52 pm »
If you bothered reading what I wrote.

I said that so that people who doesn't care about strategus (Oh god forbid) such as me can play whatever build I want in battle because of my limited attention span to a single build.

So while it may not make a difference to you it will make a huge difference to anyone who doesn't want to play strategus or just doesn't care.

I don't need to set my character main if I want to play Battle.

if you wanna play diff. spec every day, why not to play native then? same goes for you, why you should have advantage over a guy who wants to participate in both parts of the game? i have quite limited span of attention as well, so i roll alts :P

Offline Spitfire

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Haven
  • Game nicks: Spitfire_of_Haven, Dracul_Eriftips,TheCakeIsALiar
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2011, 12:42:11 am »
i have a question about stf on an alt.. if you respec a stf char with you lvl back to lvl 30 then be stuck there agian or be stuck on the level that respec brought you to???
Archers Beware don't piss me off

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2011, 02:14:09 am »
+2
if you wanna play diff. spec every day, why not to play native then? same goes for you, why you should have advantage over a guy who wants to participate in both parts of the game? i have quite limited span of attention as well, so i roll alts :P

It's not about having an advantage, how is it having an advantage? I get no heirlooms, I get no retirement, I can't get past level 30.

Also I don't play native because it's not the same.

In Native your stats stays the same, let's say I want a 36/3 2hander and the next day a 9/30 2 hander, I can't do this in Native.

Why are you so buttdevastated about my suggestion or something.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2011, 09:58:47 am »
+5
I play Crpg for customizable characters. To change stats/items and play with their pros and cons and, god forbid roleplay in a rolepaying game for fun.. Suggesting such to play native because we don't want to grind is insulting and takes away from what crpg is. I could go run around roleplaying as a thug with a knife in a back alley on battle and have 5 times as much fun as some guy trying his hardest to obtain exp and not fun.
Don't lose sight of what a game is.

I'm glad they introduced the STF option, it was the best thing that happened to crpg. The new tweak however punishes STF users who use STF as their only character now, and there should definitely be an option for non-strategus/market characters to not have a cool down.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:06:39 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2011, 11:24:49 am »
I play Crpg for customizable characters. To change stats/items and play with their pros and cons and, god forbid roleplay in a rolepaying game for fun.. Suggesting such to play native because we don't want to grind is insulting and takes away from what crpg is. I could go run around roleplaying as a thug with a knife in a back alley on battle and have 5 times as much fun as some guy trying his hardest to obtain exp and not fun.
Don't lose sight of what a game is.

I'm glad they introduced the STF option, it was the best thing that happened to crpg. The new tweak however punishes STF users who use STF as their only character now, and there should definitely be an option for non-strategus/market characters to not have a cool down.

Well said, couldn't have said it better  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2011, 12:19:39 pm »
I agree with the couple of posts above me, says this post.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2011, 12:55:32 pm »
who says i dont have fun? lets put it this way: it gives u advantage to counter anything u like at any time, too many archers on map? go shielder, too much cav? go cav aswell

i see the point of roleplay, i just dont see why u have to have max. lvl to have fun? I am the one who dont mind RPing low lvl chars with friends and getting pwned, i dont need lvl 30 for that, who is the one forgotting what is this game about?

you basically want free softcapped character every time u get bored to pwn all those who care about leveling and learning among the way...pathetic
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:57:42 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline Mithus

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2011, 01:34:31 pm »
Reduce cooldown to every 24 HOURS!!!!

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »
Pff, to play properly as archer you have to be atleast 20-25. What if I get bored of archery and want to play a bit of cav, and then just go back to my main class? Oh wait, I can't anymore without grinding alot for the second ( Justforfun ) character...