Author Topic: Website update: Skip the fun  (Read 28643 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Website update: Skip the fun
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2011, 02:12:28 pm »
Pff, to play properly as archer you have to be atleast 20-25. What if I get bored of archery and want to play a bit of cav, and then just go back to my main class? Oh wait, I can't anymore without grinding alot for the second ( Justforfun ) character...

there is respec, reaching lvl 20 is a matter of one afternoon, few hours on x2 - x3, so not that big deal, play what u like, make stf if ur too bored, then get back to ur alt, respec him losing just few lvls and voila, profit

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2011, 03:36:01 pm »
+1
who says i dont have fun? lets put it this way: it gives u advantage to counter anything u like at any time, too many archers on map? go shielder, too much cav? go cav aswell

i see the point of roleplay, i just dont see why u have to have max. lvl to have fun? I am the one who dont mind RPing low lvl chars with friends and getting pwned, i dont need lvl 30 for that, who is the one forgotting what is this game about?

you basically want free softcapped character every time u get bored to pwn all those who care about leveling and learning among the way...pathetic
STF characters are level 30, no heirlooms. They are automatically disadvantaged to all normal characters that have heirlooms and can be higher level. Normal characters can put time in to have a dedicated character be BETTER than anything a STF could want to be. Grinders who want to grind get their reward.
I feel sorry for you not getting to play RP characters at decent level. You say you had fun doing low level ones and getting raped -- why not have a level 30 character and be able to fully utilize some funny gimmick? If you want to grind, go ahead man but don't take away from other players who just want to play.

It is not like STF characters are level 32 and get 3 heirlooms every time they do it. You are aware of how big a difference each level and each heirloom makes, right?
level 30 v level 32. Same build, but level 32 can ride a plated charger and level 30 can't even ride a sumpter. He could have lordly gauntlets, giving +17 Body armor to everything he wears, for example.
And you know what? Grinders should get that advantage. And they do.

The last note to touch on, is this notion that you could change your build because the map has too many of X players -- and you want to counter it.
1) If somebody were to play that way, they would get 10k total gear cost. They can't do much with that anyways.
2) If they did, so what? What would be wrong with a player gimping themselves in gear/level and reacting with the current metagame to be somewhat effective?

Also, everybody learns as they play. Some new guy who starts today and makes an STF so he can compete with a build on par with other players, does not mean he would be not learning as well. To top it off, it would make this person more likely to stay and contribute to the community if they aren't forced to grind before they can play!

Fuck man, you got me off topic.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:54:36 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2011, 04:05:18 pm »
you basically want free softcapped character every time u get bored to pwn all those who care about leveling and learning among the way...pathetic

Wow, are you some kind of mind-reader that you know why everyone uses the skip the fun feature??  You must be a genius.  Of course........ the border-line between being a genius and a simpleton is rather narrow though.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2011, 04:08:38 pm »
Wow, are you some kind of mind-reader that you know why everyone uses the skip the fun feature??  You must be a genius.  Of course........ the border-line between being a genius and a simpleton is rather narrow though.

I am just sick tired of people wanting stuff without effort, it doesnt work like that, period.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2011, 04:17:55 pm »
I am just sick tired of people wanting stuff without effort, it doesnt work like that, period.

Relax, it is just a life...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2011, 04:25:45 pm »
Relax, it is just a life...

this is about game, different story bro :P

Offline 22nd_Hawk_Cmdr_Harlequin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2011, 04:32:31 pm »
Ah, so in a game I MUST play for what? 20 hours or similar, ( Surely more due to the unluck of falling always in the losing team, also due to clanstacking ), for a character.

Uhm...

Instead I can go lvl 30, but with no gold at all, no possibility of being stronger, no possibility of heirlooms... I have yet to see where this STF is so OP.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2011, 10:24:16 pm »
Ah, so in a game I MUST play for what? 20 hours or similar, ( Surely more due to the unluck of falling always in the losing team, also due to clanstacking ), for a character.

Uhm...

Instead I can go lvl 30, but with no gold at all, no possibility of being stronger, no possibility of heirlooms... I have yet to see where this STF is so OP.

It's good as it is, but it would be really boring if you could STF as often as you want. You want to switch your playstyle ? Use an alt. I don't see why there's people complaining NOW about the STF available NOW for ALL, even with a time limit.

Or would you prefer if this feature just didn't exist ? Then do as if it didn't exist, don't use it. What did you think the community did before ? Ah, i get bored of this class, i'll quit cRPG. OR : Ah, i get bored of this class, i'll play with my alt. PEASANT POWA !

The purpose is to still have a decent amount of peasants. If you allow a STF unlimited, you'll destroy that. Since veterans are starting to not retire anymore. And newcomers find STF an excellent feature to see how the game is at a high level.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2011, 10:44:00 pm »
Mah, 7 weeks is far too long, even taken into consideration the possible exploits for strategus and Crpg, I'd say that 3 days should be pretty fair.

Playing normally and grinding is a better choice already since you can get stronger ( far stronger, with higher level achiavable and heirlooms ) for those who have enough patience/time.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2011, 11:35:34 pm »
My warning level is probably so high that if I flame anyone else I'll probably get muted but I'm out of fucks to give.

Cepeshi, are you fucking retarded or what, you're autistic as fuck, I can't even fathom the amount of stupidity you can produce in a single of your posts.

Why do you have to be so fucking braindead, you can't even understand the concept that we're not all YOU and we don't all have the same definition of fun, why are you so against STF, it's not like we're killing your fun ingame by using STF, you probably don't even know who's using it and who's not.

Archers are killing my fun greatly, yet I'm not on the forum like HURF DURF ARCHERY ISNT FUN TO ME SO IT MUST BE BORING TO EVERYONE ELSE LOL NERF NO EFFORT PEW PEW FROM DISTANCE REQUIRES NO EFFORT I'M BRAINDEAD AS FUCK.

Jesus christ, this forum alone is giving me brain cancer, why is everyone so god damned retarded, you being the first, I know that you have no fucking braincells left but that's not a reason to kill other people's braincells as an attempt to not be the only retarded fuck on the forum, there's already plenty of you guys, go make friends with the other stupid fucks and trolls populating the forum.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2011, 11:38:18 pm »
Jesus christ, this forum alone is giving me brain cancer, why is everyone so god damned retarded

Because pretty much everyone is a self-centered fuckwad who gets enjoyment out of insulting other people and pissing people off.  It's not just this forum though, it's pretty much how the internet gaming community has evolved and it's fucking sad.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2011, 11:47:05 pm »
Maybe but atleast in other communities there's boards that are more or less better where you can just hide and ignore the rest of the shitbags.

In here they're fucking everywhere and prominent as fuck.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2011, 11:56:05 pm »
+1
i really cant see anything wrong with the stf function

its a good way for players to test builds without grind and for new players to work out how they want to play bto play before/if they want to try the rpg side

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2011, 12:15:15 am »
"The rage of the justs is the worst one", or something similar, isn't it  :wink:

Offline Carilus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2011, 12:42:33 am »
+2
hey