Author Topic: Archery Nerfed  (Read 17414 times)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: Archery Nerfed
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2011, 09:40:07 am »
Damatacus is mid 30s, and the few extra levels really make a difference.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2011, 06:26:16 pm »
They destroyed archery, now ill have to play with my shielder alt or my pole/thrower alt!

Makes me sad :(

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2011, 05:43:25 am »
+1
Damatacus is mid 30s, and the few extra levels really make a difference.

Not to mention completely heirloomed bow, arrows, armor, and teeth. (Damatacus uses his masterwork teeth to catch arrows when you try to headshot him.)

Thread zombie +1!

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2011, 09:23:38 am »
the archery nerf at work....(if u don't understand sarcasm, its not nerfed at all in effect, ranged weapons still effectively decides the outcome of battle servers minus the "hero effect" of certain players)

honestly archery should work like it does IRL, where you mainly have to have massed high arc volley shots at target, instead we have the gun effect of shooting basically straight shots or very low angles

instead we have "SWAT Teams" of operators on voicechat relaying targets, firing their guns at slow moving melee whose best chance it is to catch them off guard

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I'm sure the retort will be "LOOK the archers didn't get as many kills" interesting how their team magically nearly wiped the other team isn't it, it definitely isn't always kills that matter, staggering guys to death with laser shots at 10 feet is nearly as worthwhile

also Archers like sWalker/Nicotine and others have proven u can still get loads of kills with the right pure archer builds and skill

oh yea the other retort to say I have more kills is also invalid, as I'm a top tier player using the best in my class weapon(max heirloomed)and shouldn't be factored into any balancing equations /baltonoff
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:25:32 am by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2011, 09:39:00 am »
You still can get on top of the score board but its harder and as son as there is a HA or someone using a rus bow and aiming for you, you are basicly fucked unless you want to start a dance to dodge the arrows i would preferably retreat or even start to run wen hostile infantry are near you but mostly you dont have enough time to switch wapens and i rater get ganged.

What i would do is increase the speed of the arrows for the long bow or increase the speed rate of fire  or perhaps the range something that would by fair against other type of troops class what ever you want to call it.

Just an opinion i still can play like this dosent annoy me that much.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2011, 10:34:30 am »
You still can get on top of the score board but its harder and as son as there is a HA or someone using a rus bow and aiming for you, you are basicly fucked unless you want to start a dance to dodge the arrows i would preferably retreat or even start to run wen hostile infantry are near you but mostly you dont have enough time to switch wapens and i rater get ganged.

What i would do is increase the speed of the arrows for the long bow or increase the speed rate of fire  or perhaps the range something that would by fair against other type of troops class what ever you want to call it.

Just an opinion i still can play like this dosent annoy me that much.

FUCK OFF. You do not increase rate of fire because one bow is faster then the other, you actually have to think about melee. Longbows will kill anyone nearly in 2 or 3 hits. Increasing the RoF is completely irrelevant. There is no way to know you would want this only to fight other archers. Infact I personally belive you would like this only so you can run away and jump shot melee guys who get close to you even faster. So, take a fkn pill and fuck off.

Offline sWalker

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2011, 11:00:17 am »
Correct...I don't want to hear a single archer complaining about the nerf to draw speed.  They got that completely correct.

With that said though, I don't agree with dodging arrows at 10 feet because of the new arrow flight speed.  I personally think that it should be returned to the original pre-patch speed, but I'd be happy with a compromise at least.

Don't nerf cav. anymore, don't nerf xbows, don't nerf melee, don't nerf throwing, just return our flight speed and you will see that these other small issues will turn out to be really close to balanced.

S. Walker

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2011, 01:34:50 pm »
FUCK OFF. You do not increase rate of fire because one bow is faster then the other, you actually have to think about melee. Longbows will kill anyone nearly in 2 or 3 hits.
Tzzz...
But you meeleguys can one hit us all the time... and you whine that a longbow can kill in 2 or 3 shots ???

Is it fair?

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2011, 02:22:48 pm »
Tzzz...
But you meeleguys can one hit us all the time... and you whine that a longbow can kill in 2 or 3 shots ???

Is it fair?
eny1 who can take 3 longbow shots can never catch an archer

eny1 who can catch an archer cant 1 hit it
 :rolleyes:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »
honestly archery should work like it does IRL, where you mainly have to have massed high arc volley shots at target, instead we have the gun effect of shooting basically straight shots or very low angles

You are forgetting that mass indirect volley fire only works against groups of targets, of which c-RPG has a massive lack of considering at best you only have 120 players total per map and they break up really fast or spread out.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2011, 08:08:40 pm »
Infact I personally belive you would like this only so you can run away and jump shot melee guys who get close to you even faster. So, take a fkn pill and fuck off.

Uh no. Its from ma own experiance if i would like to jump and shoot i would just go with the rusbow and if you can't read i gived some exempel of what could make the longbow a bit equil it dosent need to by the fire rate specifically it can also by the speed of the arrows or meybe the range. 

Oh and thanks for you vucabulare i really like it.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2011, 08:16:20 pm »
+3
Uh no. Its from ma own experiance if i would like to jump and shoot i would just go with the rusbow and if you can't read i gived some exempel of what could make the longbow a bit equil it dosent need to by the fire rate specifically it can also by the speed of the arrows or meybe the range. 

vocabulary.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2011, 08:34:06 pm »

Why are you deliberately typing like a 14 year old 4Chan tard?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2011, 10:45:36 pm »
Why are you deliberately typing like a 14 year old 4Chan tard?

Self 3XxXplanatory
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2011, 11:21:06 pm »
+1
archery should work like it does IRL

So what you're saying, is that when I use a Rus bow, or even my horn bow and hit a naked or non armored opponent in the chest or neck, they shouldn't make a momentary stumble and keep charging at me the way they do now.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project