Author Topic: Version 0.230  (Read 51854 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: Version 0.230
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2011, 08:47:42 am »
I never had a cash reserve. The most I had was 100k.

You're a veteran player ?  :shock:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2011, 08:50:31 am »
You're a veteran player ?  :shock:

Not really, I did start when there was only 1 EU server that resetted every 30 minutes, but I didn't play for long. Came back a few months ago.
Point was there was no problem with the repair costs BEFORE the patch, not for vets not for new players.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:52:31 am by Vibe »

Offline Amo_the_Grey

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2011, 08:56:05 am »
Don't you guys think that this patch brought more then enough changes so it needs to be accompanied by a free respec & loom points redistribution ? I'm sure that quite a few lancers would like to swap into archery/throwing/whatever and loom their bows/throwing lances, axes, hammers, etc.....
We'll see invasion of archers and throwers after free respec. In effect our pretty M&B:cRPG will change in medieval CounterStrike.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2011, 09:02:06 am »
We'll see invasion of archers and throwers after free respec. In effect our pretty M&B:cRPG will change in medieval CounterStrike.

You'll see that when everyone hits level 31. Hell I'm considering taking a longbow ect and become a foot archer again. Who cares if I have to work up the heirlooms again.

Offline Amo_the_Grey

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2011, 09:09:19 am »
I'm now exactly after reach 31lvl, and i had sweety dreams about loom Bec de Corbin, but reality is brutal. I must retire and become an archer. Futhermore, gather exp after reach 31lvl is dangerous becouse your char is old and can perm die.

edit: "Preparations for Strategus" = don't feed troll.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:11:16 am by Amo_the_Grey »

Offline Endlessdark

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio Equites Prometeus
« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2011, 09:14:51 am »
When i log in server list appear: the last version is 0,230 y run 0,223.
I have installed new patch, why dont work it?
sorry for eng.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2011, 09:23:26 am »
Futhermore, gather exp after reach 31lvl is dangerous becouse your char is old and can perm die.

edit: "Preparations for Strategus" = don't feed troll.
la de da~
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline caki

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Diplomat of The Turks'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Turks
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_caki, Kapikulu_caki_pokemon, Kapikulu_caki_cavcav, Kebapci_Abuzittin_Usta
  • IRC nick: cakican
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2011, 09:24:18 am »
Is it just me or anyone else who can't see anything with Firefox or Chrome when u log in to character page? It works fine with the IE.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2011, 09:25:54 am »
Callous: If i lose all my generations and items/gold from a "random" chance to permanently lose my character, i will quit the game forever.
Me too. I don´t play CRPG THAT often, so I got the advice to not to retire at all and just level one char (and buy heirlooms). If I would loose this char now just randomly, maybe in the middle of a strategus battle or something like that... -> GTX

Delete it or at least, EXPLAIN it, as most of the people here already said, we need more information about this, mate!

I generally don´t whine and make drama about updates, but this little thingy would be a reason for me to quit crpg  :|

Character page btw works fine

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2011, 09:32:42 am »

There already IS an invasion of archers & throwers, my men confirmed it to me (those who played already) and you can do a pretty much "free respec" (only costs some XP) but my point was about heirloomed items, you know how it goes: too much changes, suddenly you've got "wrong" items loomed, the ones you don't need anymore and all that (and you still worked your ass off for them).....same as the last big patch.

Ofc this is just a general question, don't think I'm crying & whining, it didn't really affect me much, I'm just curious.  :wink:

Edit: people might wanna heirloom some cheaper stuff, now when repairs are ripping them off.  :wink:

Edit #2: on the other hand: some people traded a lot so.....that might not work very well.  :wink:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:39:10 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2011, 10:19:22 am »
All in all this patch was really good. Some stuff was bad. Pretty bad. (But you'll fix it!)

Throwers are useful again. They have a small fad and burst of them right now as everybody is trying them out.
Archers got a little too much of a buff from the reworkings and will have to be rebalanced probably. Keep the shoot speed change, It is really awesome though. Let's the archers do volleys from behind shield walls, cover, etc. It adds a little more skill and I like it :). Lower projectile speed means the gravity affects its damage more now and speed bonuses matter more. Archer tactical positioning is better thanks to it.
Lance Cavalry is awesome as ever now that people can't do as much stupid stuff but can still do good old lancing. 1h cav is doing well too. No good lancers have had any real criticism, although bad lancers are crying everywhere.
Melee is pretty much same old same old goodness. With reworked soak/reduce values it is a lot nicer.
1h&Shield is The same
Horse archery is really inaccurate while moving but sniper when standing still. Gives a new dynamic most are not willing to accept, whether intentional or not. Still very effective but fucked up.
Xbows are pretty much the same and good still.

But repairs are ridiculous right now. Not sure that change was necessary in the first place either.

Miaodao I disagree with it's balance change. You took 1 speed away from it, when really it needs lower weight. It's weight is what made and still makes it OP. It stuns their weapons so you can swing again. Make it weigh 2 or 2.2 rather than 2.8, and give it back the speed. It will solve the spam issue.

*i suggest heirloom reset and free respec. Everybody loves those and makes people stop QQing and instead put a happy face on. We don't want to lose any more players :(
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:31:24 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2011, 10:23:25 am »
Really hate the new patch, lancers are screwed, all you can do with lancer now is backstab you could only out range 2handers by turning at last moment to side thrust(needed to get horses head out the way or they would outrange you and hit the horse) and even then it was close as it stands right now 2handers will just hit horse before you can even touch them nevermind pikes or even spears... people that moaned about lancers it was already almost impossible to kill someone that knew how to play, block down, they couch you poke there horse you got reach all you needed to do was pay attention.

Debuff to HA accuracy as lancer i hated being chased down by HA but its a class in the game and almost the anti lancer all you've made them do is not be able to hit, they'll still be the last alive, just no kills.

I really would wish you'd decide on what this mod is it supposed to be is it blade&xbow? they seem to be the only classes that don't get effected by these patchs, just let people know where you want to go with this mod so we can decide if its worth the grind to just lose you're class.

Archers seem to becoming more and more shotguns i see less and less archers fighting at long range and just going high Power draw and 2shotting at close range,  again if you wanted everyone to stay within the confines of a certain area just bring back the old xp gold gain.....

And the upkeep cost i lost 15k in 1 match using 38k worth of gear seems to me if you want a horse, you can have one with low end armour so you can be one shotted by anything that looks at you, especially with all the new throwers.

I don't have the time and don't have the stockpile of gold to be playing most the time with nothing so when i do want to use some items, i can use them for few rounds, these patchs really hurt newer and casual players, and you don't want to be getting rid of new players, otherwise the mod will dwindle down to m&b wfas multiplayer numbers 30 people on servers.

Rage over

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2011, 10:29:24 am »
Really nice patch, but balance for archers will be needed, due to higher upkeep costs people will wear cheaper eq so maybe decreasing damage from arrows would be a good move, like it was done with bolts.
I suppose lancing is now a bit harder, wich is a good thing.
I'll have to ask my mates how the missile speed and new flying missile look affected aiming, I'm curious about it.

Offline Truvor

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ynnot
« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2011, 10:32:27 am »
heavy lance model is shitty!!

Offline KILLFACE

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2011, 10:32:50 am »
Im not that fussed about most of it except for 2 things. The repair costs where already fooked. And most people ran around in light/medium armor most of the time anyway. Why make em worse? and most importantly.

WTF DID YOU DO TO THE DTV GAMETYPE?

why dident you make this new gamemode separate?

we're not all stupid idiots who like to skirmish in that game mode.

DONT ENCOURAGE STUPIDITY!

The only efficient way to do that game mode is to find a defensive position and form a shieldwall n thin em out then mop up not that skirmish bollocks thats what idiots do then they wonder why they cant get past x3.

That was my favorite game mode and at the moment Im not going to dignify it with me playing it. Im going to avoid it (and maybe crpg) until its either changed back, the ability to move the stupid bitch to a location thats better defendable or (MUCH preferably) the gamemode made separate from DTV with the same maps compatible with both.

WTF

how long until theres a new patch or a hotfix to fix this and make it a seperate game mode?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:35:01 am by KILLFACE »
If you even think about beating me you should wake up and apologize.