Author Topic: Friendzone cringe  (Read 13223 times)

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
Re: Friendzone cringe
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2016, 08:26:32 pm »
Meah.... With no sexual tension - there is no friendship between men and women. Either one or the other wants to fuck. I'm talking about friendship, not just two people having a cup of coffee once a month, etc.

Besides, personally, sense of humor is in the top of what I find attractive in a friend, and women don't have sense of humor 99/100 times.

What kind of humor do you like? Regardless, have you tried looking in a comedy club/improv group? Unless what you mean by 'sense of humor' is 'level of comfort to make jokes that would be considered offensive in an outgroup'. If that's the case, I'm sorry. Most women of that sort get taken quick, I think. They're hotter than hot crossed buns, at least here. I swear nerdy funny girls are more popular than any 10/10 model. This is a spectrum, though, not a dichotomy. You could be only 5% willing to bang, or something, and I think it's easy to have platonic friendships without it getting in the way. In addition, it's the 21st century. There's nothing preventing casual sex in friendships, other than the insecurities and hang ups of the people involved. And sure, as you get more experience, I feel like the libido gets closer to an on/off switch rather than ALWAYS READY TO GO.

Also, you're limiting yourself, here. What if it's a homosexual man and woman? What about a gay guy and a heterosexual woman, and he's not her type?

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2016, 08:28:20 pm »
Sooo, if you were introduced to a group of people by your friends and 2 of those people are married to each other but the guy's really chill and cool and the girl is one of them rare funny girls who's into gaming and shit (eg. if they were a guy you'd have a lot to talk about and would quickly be your mate). Would you just refuse to speak to her on your frequent nights-out together?

Or would you instead pine after her or try and hit on her knowing that she's married (and her husband is a friend of yours)?

I see no reason in that situation why you wouldn't become friends. They're a person, you're into the same shit, you get along with each other. She's not got anything to prove cos married, and I'm not so pathetically lonely as to want to hit on a girl that's married to one of my mates. I mean, I met the guy at the same time and he's my friend, so why not the girl?

I would behave myself, be all friendly and such, and still want to fuck her. As if someone being married, or just not interested in me, can prevent me from being sexually attracted to that person. :)

Same goes for the girl: even though she is in a relationship, and will not allow herself anything above a friendly politeness, she can be sexually atracted to me.

Totally normal and natural.

Once you get past the age of raging hormones and throbbing cocks, you can get over sexes and genders and all that shit. Unless you're literally a fucking animal whos #1 priority in life is getting your dick wet, then you will never grow up.

Deffinetely on my top 3 list. Have no desire to grow out of this. And I'm 32. :) That's the only reason for me to staying in shape, buying nice cloth, getting haircuts frequently, going out etc.

EDIT:

What kind of humor do you like? Regardless, have you tried looking in a comedy club/improv group? Unless what you mean by 'sense of humor' is 'level of comfort to make jokes that would be considered offensive in an outgroup'. If that's the case, I'm sorry. Most women of that sort get taken quick, I think. They're hotter than hot crossed buns, at least here. I swear nerdy funny girls are more popular than any 10/10 model. This is a spectrum, though, not a dichotomy. You could be only 5% willing to bang, or something, and I think it's easy to have platonic friendships without it getting in the way. In addition, it's the 21st century. There's nothing preventing casual sex in friendships, other than the insecurities and hang ups of the people involved. And sure, as you get more experience, I feel like the libido gets closer to an on/off switch rather than ALWAYS READY TO GO.

Also, you're limiting yourself, here. What if it's a homosexual man and woman? What about a gay guy and a heterosexual woman, and he's not her type?

When I talk about a male/female friendship, I presume hetero male and female, obviously.
I am all in for casual sex, but that makes it a different kind of friendship, me thinks :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:43:18 pm by Armpit_Sweat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2016, 08:30:44 pm »
+7
Male/female friendships impossible? Either you are still in high school or you have a very limited circle of friends/acquaintances. :?

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2016, 10:32:00 pm »
Male/female friendships impossible? Either you are still in high school or you have a very limited circle of friends/acquaintances. :?

You are right, I don't have many friends, very few actually, although I am not shy, and meet new people pretty much every weekend.

First Google article on the topic,  and I am sure there are many more:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/men-and-women-cant-be-just-friends/

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2016, 10:38:14 pm »
+1
Yeah, if you read more than the URL, it doesn't really disagree.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2016, 11:50:19 pm »
Dont get me wrong i'm under no illusions that 'Friendzone' means 'I dont find you attractive'. Back in school maybe i didnt realize that (or want to realise that) but in later life when you catch yourself using the exact same words to a nice girl that is in no way attractive you cant fail to realise what those words mean.

If i meet a cool girl and she's single then ofc i'll want to stick it in her. And i wont settle for 2nd best, if the words 'dont want to risk our friendship..' even begin to form on those lips i'm already gone. We'll both agree how good it is to be special friends, and then that's the last time she'll ever see me. Life's too short to be friendzoned and spend time playing at mr platonic good friend under some insane illusion that somehow this will get you puss in the long-term.

But if i met the same girl in a social setting and i know her bf/husband then the gloves are off, no special treatment, i'd treat her the exact same way i would if they were a guy. And we might become friends, not just simple acquaintances or 'coffee once a month' friends but proper mates. For me that only really happens with girls who are good at being 'one of the lads' since otherwise we'd bore each other to death.

Well, this was the question:

serious question though: do you guys believe in friendships between men and women?

As something purely theoretical, yes, i presume it's possible. As to what my long life suggests - nope, and not worth it.

And i pretty much agree with all you wrote Heskey. But that last part is, in my opinion, a bit off. I know that "one-of-the-lads" type well enough, and half of the lads at the table are always ready to fuck them :) Or if the girl is ugly, it's just sad, cause she wants to get laid, but everyone at the table thinks - "damn, she is so cool, such a shame she looks like an ass".

Now why in the world, would i go out out on a friday night, drinking, dancing, talking dirty, making cynical offensive jokes etc., with an ugly landwhale by my side?.. That's just loco :) Scares everyone off.
On the other hand, if we were hanging out at my place, playing PS, smoking joints and eating pizza - i'd probably bang her even if she's fat and ugly :D Cause why not?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2016, 12:04:26 am »
+1
As a kid I've seen this really old movie where dude who was fat in high school, now rich and handsome is trying everything to make his high school sympathy (the only pretty girl who didn't threat him like garbage) fall in love with him. Despite the fact she's happily married. Maybe our Internet friend Charm is that kind of guy.

I'm like that as well. It is time to buy a new cellphone. Myself being a massive hipster fgt, never bought into social network apps. Basically, I use smartphone as a dumb phone most of the time. If not for other people contacting me through those apps (viber and whatsapp), would never use them myself. Old smartphone is still capable enough for everything, only thing I desire is better battery life. Something 150 dollar phone offers. Thing is, there was that special smartphone of my childhood. Unremarkable even back then but I like it. As soon I find Sony Ericsson T100 in mint condition, I'm gonna carry it with me.

It's not what other twats think it is best, its all about your inner smartass feelings.

Hey man, I'm a massive hipster cunt fgt as well. I pay $10/month for unlimited talk+text but have absolutely zero data capability, only able to connect to wifi.

I just lug my fucking laptop everywhere anyway, and what in Christ name am I gonna put on instagram or snapchat anyway?

I'm only slightly kidding when I say it makes me feel better than other people.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2016, 01:34:32 am »
+1

did he

did he just friendzone

himself?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2016, 02:13:35 am »
Real friendship, no. Friendship where you meet once a month and do some random shit together, yes.

But no woman could ever hang out with me the way my buddies do.
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2016, 10:53:07 am »
+3
Never met a woman I could hang out like I could with guys and if I did I'd probably choose not to, women give different perspective and looking in a female friend for the same things as male company is just fail from the get go, there are things to learn from smart women and that insight is priceless. Dumb women that are only into makeup, shoes and apperaece in general are the exact same dumb people as guys that are only into "bangin bitches", partying and "bro alpha" shit, immature, uneducated and shallow, not worth the time in general.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2016, 11:20:14 am »
+5
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 714
  • Infamy: 1283
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2016, 02:56:59 pm »

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2016, 12:26:54 pm »
Never met a woman I could hang out like I could with guys and if I did I'd probably choose not to, women give different perspective and looking in a female friend for the same things as male company is just fail from the get go, there are things to learn from smart women and that insight is priceless. Dumb women that are only into makeup, shoes and apperaece in general are the exact same dumb people as guys that are only into "bangin bitches", partying and "bro alpha" shit, immature, uneducated and shallow, not worth the time in general.

I can relate. My reality throughout these 30 years of existence.
Until a few weeks ago when I met my current gf. Exactly the type of girl you can hang out like you do with guys, in part due to the easy-going tomboyish personality adding looks and smarts, which changed my whole perception of things. There are unicorns such as this around the world, never stop looking.
Leave the shallow bitches to the shallow "bruvs". Fuck it.