Author Topic: When are you finally add some sort of punishment to TA and TK ?  (Read 5352 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: When are you finally add some sort of punishment to TA and TK ?
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 07:59:54 pm »
Not revenge, but when someone is assaulting you repedetly you have the choice of either killing him, or letting him kill you (and continue killing your mates). In that situation I do think it should be "ok" to teamkill.

This mentality is a fast track to get banned.

Revenge TKing is against the rules, and will get you banned.

EDIT: As a former admin, I have to support the rule as is. It can be impossible to tell "who started it" and as much as it sucks getting TKed, it will be much easier for us to ban the individual for TKing you if you do not defend yourself. Otherwise, quite often we don't know who started it and have to ban both of the people as it is a "He-Said She-Said" and it takes time to clear up who actually strted it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:01:51 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 08:07:00 pm »
This mentality is a fast track to get banned.

Revenge TKing is against the rules, and will get you banned.

EDIT: As a former admin, I have to support the rule as is. It can be impossible to tell "who started it" and as much as it sucks getting TKed, it will be much easier for us to ban the individual for TKing you if you do not defend yourself. Otherwise, quite often we don't know who started it and have to ban both of the people as it is a "He-Said She-Said" and it takes time to clear up who actually strted it.

I know, under the current rules I do ofc not strike back, but IF a system was implemented that would allow me to do so - I would do it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 08:07:42 pm »
Not revenge, but when someone is assaulting you repetedly you have the choice of either killing him, or letting him kill you (and continue killing your mates). In that situation I do think it should be "ok" to teamkill.

As much of a pain in the ass as they may be, I have seen people get kicked/banned for revenge friendly fire or killing. Just press I to report it to admins or collect screens/videos and post it in the ban request forums for the appropriate server, and an admin will lay down either a banhammer or warning/lookout for that player to see if they persist. Its much more enjoyable knowing that they will not be on the server to keep it up. Also if they are enough of an asshole they can just screencap you hitting/killing them and post it, and you may be the one getting in trouble! Don't stoop down to their level because they want to be an asshole.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 08:29:17 pm »
As much of a pain in the ass as they may be, I have seen people get kicked/banned for revenge friendly fire or killing. Just press I to report it to admins or collect screens/videos and post it in the ban request forums for the appropriate server, and an admin will lay down either a banhammer or warning/lookout for that player to see if they persist. Its much more enjoyable knowing that they will not be on the server to keep it up. Also if they are enough of an asshole they can just screencap you hitting/killing them and post it, and you may be the one getting in trouble! Don't stoop down to their level because they want to be an asshole.

I'll refer to my previous post :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Assarhaddon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Not with knowledge nor skill, but pure luck baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 08:34:17 pm »
Make a poll about it in here.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2011, 04:58:11 pm »
Why are so many people against reflective friendly fire? Sure, trolls can jump in front of your attacks, but they can't force you to attack once you notice them. TKers can attack you even if you spend the rest of the round running from them. Reflective friendly fire is significantly more difficult to abuse than the current system. The main reason I see to be against it is if you end up team wounding people on a regular basis. In which case, you should probly be doing something different. Even if you have a strategy of tricking team mates into wounding each other on accident, somebody would still get wounded with reflective friendly fire.

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 06:14:19 pm »
how bout you tk 3 times and the server kicks u automatically get kicked from server 5 minute ban (regardless of whos at fault learn to control your weapon) each consecutive ban adds 5 minutes (second time is 10 minute ban) 24 hour reset timer
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:15:26 pm by Voodoox »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 08:26:14 pm »
how bout you tk 3 times and the server kicks u automatically get kicked from server 5 minute ban (regardless of whos at fault learn to control your weapon) each consecutive ban adds 5 minutes (second time is 10 minute ban) 24 hour reset timer

You want to kick somebody, just jump on his weapon!

What i said earlier is that this question has been asked thousand times since january patch, devs make the choice to not implement a penalty on tk.
Why? i guess simply because they didn't find a fair way to do it, and as you know devs try to keep the fairness over everything (otherwise noobs will be powned by lvl 45 plated charger knight, those who play before the patch know what i mean).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:30:10 pm by Blondin »

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 10:28:35 pm »
Reflective damage is bad, because even top players hurt team-mates at times and accidents happen... If some top-tier player accidentally hits me, I still don't want to lose round because that top guy got killed from that reflective damage and can't help our team to victory. It's just "np" and things go on. If some jerk is TK:ing a lot, people usually know it and votes will happen.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 12:14:12 am »
Reflective damage is bad, because even top players hurt team-mates at times and accidents happen... If some top-tier player accidentally hits me, I still don't want to lose round because that top guy got killed from that reflective damage and can't help our team to victory. It's just "np" and things go on. If some jerk is TK:ing a lot, people usually know it and votes will happen.

I'm also all for more skilled players to go on living while I take the bullet. But think about this logically. Which is going to happen more often? The highly skilled player accidently hitting a team mate or a team mate accidently hitting a highly skilled player? I'm betting they get accidently TKed (and definitely purposefully TKed) a lot more than vice versa. Even for this situation, reflective friendly fire seems to be advantageous.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 12:27:41 am »
Well reflective damage still means that if someone is hitting teammates till he dies, you can't stop that action at all. If I want to be super annoying TK:er, I would just hunt down best player in my team and he can't hit me back because he damages himself.

And I really don't see THAT much TK stuff going around. Only autoreleases and such at times.

Oh... and I surely would block someone in corner with my horse, or block some corridors and such so no-one can move through it without hurting me (and themselves).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:37:41 am by bonekuukkeli »

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2011, 05:31:55 am »
Well reflective damage still means that if someone is hitting teammates till he dies, you can't stop that action at all. If I want to be super annoying TK:er, I would just hunt down best player in my team and he can't hit me back because he damages himself.

And I really don't see THAT much TK stuff going around. Only autoreleases and such at times.

Oh... and I surely would block someone in corner with my horse, or block some corridors and such so no-one can move through it without hurting me (and themselves).

Why would you care if somebody attacked you till they died? They would mostly just end up dead. Even if you block somebody on a ladder, kicking somebody barely hurts if it hurts at all. Though granted, I don't know if it's possible to kick a horse. But since horses aren't technically on either team, chances are reflective friendly fire would let you kill it without punishment. Don't know how the built in function works though.