Author Topic: "You do not have enough throwing WPF"  (Read 4200 times)

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
Re: "You do not have enough throwing WPF"
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 07:18:08 pm »
Dedicated throwing doesn't seem too practical now. (At least not from what i've seen)

I know a guy called pebble pusher and he is killing many many people with heirloomed stones.

STONES

Offline Hardeknud

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 09:01:02 pm »
"dedicated crossbowman" LOolololol looks like somebody has never actually played. Dedicated thrower? I mean I'm going to make one, he'll just be weaker than any other dedicated class (A lot weaker).
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 09:09:42 pm »
"dedicated crossbowman" LOolololol looks like somebody has never actually played..

LLJK_Greased_Lightning

Athletics, Weapon Master, all wpf into crossbow and barely enough STR to use his firearm. Bolts, crossbow, no sideweapons and no armour.

Dedicated crossbowman.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 11:26:49 pm »
LLJK_Greased_Lightning

Athletics, Weapon Master, all wpf into crossbow and barely enough STR to use his firearm. Bolts, crossbow, no sideweapons and no armour.

Moronic Dedicated crossbowman.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Hardeknud

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 02:13:05 am »
After playing native a bit recently, I was just remembering how much I like the "rock/paper/scissors" balance of the game. It has been disappointing to see a mod I love further narrow it's spectrum of combat, when it could more dynamic. It is supremely ironic that the same same people crying for "balance" seem to be the ones spamming the shit out of whichever item hasn't been nerfed..... Yet(?). I think this latest patch might just boil down to haphazard balancing. I hope this is the case, and things get better with new patches. Because when I hear people in game talk about wishing crpg were all melee, I know that we share completely different views on what makes this game great, and if they win I'll have to play a different mod, and fuck that.

I agree ranged could be toned down a bit from vanilla, But I feel like the whole system is out of whack now. I play all classes, and I don't mind getting thwacked when I'm a lumbering tank,  or getting hacked down cowering as an archer. I LIKE having to choose whether to invest a few points in shield to help me reach my targets in fighting condition. I LIKE having to rely on support classes to get the job done. I LIKE strategic depth.  The more the mod caters to a narrower field the more members of the community who perhaps don't share my same interest in depth are going to follow down that path of least resistance.

Plz correct me where I am wrong.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 12:26:52 pm »
Plz correct me where I am wrong.
okay
"dedicated crossbowman" LOolololol looks like somebody has never actually played.
There you're wrong.

Offline Hardeknud

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 10:40:38 pm »
okayThere you're wrong.

Utter failure to contribute anything thoughtful. Congrats sucker. Try harder?

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 12:52:00 am »
rock paper scissors balance is so lame. You might as well play rock paper scissors

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 02:56:58 am »
Dedicated throwers were never one of the strongest classes, the last few patches totally obliterated them but most people have finally accepted that after the initial calls of "good" and "serves them right."

Offline victis honor

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Victis_honor, victis (alt), HoboWhitaShotgun (alt)
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »
its a shame thats what it is. nothing good about it, i can see teh qq about 12 throwing axes and a 2hander, but the ammount of misses you have makes up for that.  Used to love my thrower a shame it whas overnerfed, hope they will rise again to something close to usefull.
noooooooo not awesome anymore!!