Poll

Which one do you want to play ?

Old cRPG
85 (62%)
New cRPG
52 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Author Topic: Old cRPG Battle vs New cRPG Battle Poll !  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: Old cRPG Battle vs New cRPG Battle Poll !
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 09:43:45 pm »
+10
pah. old crpg didnt even have multipliers.

as for recent crpg vs current crpg... or more specifically the flags spawning soon as opposed to not... its way better with the flags. when flags took forever to show up you would have guys kiting around the map endlessly almost every round. people hiding in the middle of nowhere while everyone looks for em. as for "less formations and teamwork" and all that... the flags dont show up instantly, you have plenty of time to get your team together and organized for the big push at the flags... if anything this mode encourages a lot more blobbing and centralized fighting than previously.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 10:49:29 pm »
+1
There are no hardcaps? soft cap is 36, but you can potentially hit 37 right? Also pre-upkeep was horrible, imagine it now. Everyone would be playing cav/tincan or both.

I don't think so. Cav players would all be wearing plate, no doubt. But for footmen ? Not really.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2014, 11:02:47 pm »
+2
There are no hardcaps? soft cap is 36, but you can potentially hit 37 right? Also pre-upkeep was horrible, imagine it now. Everyone would be playing cav/tincan or both.

I don't think so. Cav players would all be wearing plate, no doubt. But for footmen ? Not really.

Perhaps compared to the days of 250 wpf combat has been slowed down, but I am fairly sure that combat is currently as fast if not faster than it ever was in 2011.

The one thing that significantly increased combat length was the soak/reduce change. But then again, it had to be done otherwise we would still have those RNG glances.

Also lol @ berenger rambling about "nerfs" when really everything has been nerfed, usually (certainly not always) with good reason. It's not a good idea to have weapons so fast they get free double hits. It's not a good idea to have a long crushthrough weapon that can be used effectively outside of advantageous situations. It's not a good idea to have 4D weapons so long you can cover a street all by yourself and so powerful you can spam its hiltslashes (trust me I know, I was the worst Looney Tunes Axe abuser). Amusingly enough nobody ever mentions the Lance of Compensation in these threads, perhaps because with this one the problem was so obscenely obvious even the thickest nostalgia glasses do not hide it.

Edit : dat doublepost

Offline li379041890

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TO_CH
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2014, 04:22:08 pm »
+1
play strat and this make up the "cons" you state for new cRPG

Offline Normanguy

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2014, 07:47:46 pm »
I preferred the old c-rpg to be honest.

Go back to this with lots new gear items and things
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:36:32 pm by Normanguy »

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2014, 09:03:40 pm »
i would prefer the current crpg at 2011 , so i could start this massive adventure from the beginning again  :D

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2014, 11:17:29 pm »
+2
Old cRPG:
-Every class had it's role in battlefield . (Just like in real medieval battlefields.)
-New player friendly. Even if you fail to play the game you could contribute by being part of the formation. (Just like real medieval battlefields.)
-It was unbalanced,realistic and fun. (Just like real medieval battlefields.)
-Usage of terrain and formation was the main point. (Just like real medieval battlefields.)
-Tactical game.
-Even if your team has lesser skilled fighters,you could win by using right tactics as a team. (Just like real medieval battlefields. P.S: Agincourt)
-Multipliars had it's meaning,team with x5 could milk it by holding a defensive ground and forceing enemy team with x1 to initiate the battle
-Epic times where you hold a high ground with multi and taunt the enemy at chat,accusing them of cowardice
-Clans were effective because of their organized formations and inspiring others in the team to be a part of that formation
-Epic group charges that make you feel like you are actually there (Just like in medieval movies )
-Random and big open field maps where tacticians shine

New cRPG:
-Forcing people to have high KDR rather than anything else.
-New players treated like moving targets,totally useless and forcing them to quit playing or just leech.
-Still unbalanced just not realistic and fun anymore
-No time to use terrain or formations, rush to the flag and fight there
-Hack'n Slash based game no tactics or anything,go kill and profit.
-Rounds end too quickly no matter what you do.
-Clans are only good if they have good KDR.
-No organized group activity at all. Just some good individual duels to enjoy
-Close quarters CoD inspired maps with secret passages and shit

Summary: You removed realism and turned this game into Call of Duty : Medieval Warfare. Let's see if the community is happy about it.

(click to show/hide)

There was no tactical game if you were the one person out of ten who could block. Just sayin'. Just rush in and kill as many as you can. I believe the tactical emphasis was a result of community culture rather than mechanics. There were a lot more players who were flavor role-players back then, I think that encouraged that sort of thing. The older players have become too jaded for anything of the sort currently, and I have no idea what the newer players think besides "hahahaha dataxedoe".

I am NOT saying that is a bad thing. Just a different thing.