Author Topic: Valour System x5  (Read 3803 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: Valour System x5
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2013, 02:57:19 pm »
...most notably by reducing the proximity bonus
is this real, a proximity bonus? I thought it was a support kill bonus. Like in f.e. "I have scratched that dude another one kills him, we share the points"
Proximity bonus is like when i started cRPG with the big clsuterfucks, no wonder people tend to make gank squads again -_-

EDIT:
I'd like to see a reward system for teams that win a round by following commanders orders.  couldnt say how tho...
time of round in proximity to flag, set by commander. If the player has been 90% within the proximity of those flags, additional bonus is granted.

I wish there was a "player" statistics somewhere that I could refer to...
NA has had such a thing i believe you have in mind.

ALSO I WANT A HALL OF SHAME FOR ALL THE FUCKING THs/TKs AND
NOT TO BE BOTHERED ABOUT FUCKING PRESSING "ctrl+M", are we in the fucking stone ages here or what. Devs you have burdened us with lots of micromanagment in strategus, dont give us such shit in cRPG too.

Valor rework pointers
- team independent
- dependent per team on their team performance and in comparison to that average then valor being granted;
- for those in the loosing team perhaps slightly easier to achieve with the notion that if the team really sucks, a good player has a tougher time
- valor, needs(?) to be fair to ranged.
- either get rid of proximity complettly or exchange it with "participated with dmg at a kill" logic. Only because someone showed up for the party aint worth jack shit. If the player did damage to a player who then got killed, he needs to be rewarded in taking that player down. Then again, if someone showed up for the party and made the opponent block constantly in one direction, and others killed him ... Isn't there a way also to registrate the blocks a person did against whom in a certain amount of time while he was hit from others?

(click to show/hide)
while the finetuning you mentioned is ok, if you could read out,
- the dude provoking the enemy to make a certain block(constant open strike within close range), while a team member then finishes the enemy
- the enemy actually blocks and gets killed by another one, the dude whos attack was blocked .. can you read that situation out?

(click to show/hide)
+1; even ranged ^^ may then decide to try caping

(click to show/hide)
this, perhaps defined as XP modifier
if lvl eq 30 => 100%
if lvl lt 30 => 100%- lvl as %
if lvl gt 30 => 100% +(lvl -30) as %

The modifier could be used either

a)
XP for dmg = dmg dealt *modifier
b)
valor(y/n)
y= if own dmg 3 times of average team dmg

somehow the strikes overall, hits, miss ratio(blocked and/or outmanouvered miss)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:29:07 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2013, 05:11:06 pm »
+1
EDIT:time of round in proximity to flag, set by commander. If the player has been 90% within the proximity of those flags, additional bonus is granted.

Only problem with that, besides from a troll commander, is that it would encourage people to just sit next to a flag and do nothing all round. Also, once the commander is dead and can't move flags, they will become irrelevant very quickly, but those wanting easy points won't budge. Good idea, just very easily exploitable I think. Really not sure how rewarding good followers could be implemented in a successful way...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2013, 05:22:56 pm »
Only problem with that, besides from a troll commander, is that it would encourage people to just sit next to a flag and do nothing all round. Also, once the commander is dead and can't move flags, they will become irrelevant very quickly, but those wanting easy points won't budge. Good idea, just very easily exploitable I think. Really not sure how rewarding good followers could be implemented in a successful way...
Perhaps allow commanders to still comand when dead, but his perspective then fixed to the location and point of view of the flag. He wouldnt have bird but infantry perspective. Still be able to move around the flags location and while not being able to smoothly change perspective as in free observer mode or straving as infantry, but bound to the flags every movement.

Also perhaps for the last 1-2 minutes, comander would be disabled (if he is already dead), that way people are encourged to find&fight the remaining enemies.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future