Poll

Restore normal range of movement?

Yes
44 (58.7%)
No
31 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: May 11, 2011, 07:52:01 am

Author Topic: Cavalry Nerf.... WHY  (Read 9918 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
Re: Cavalry Nerf.... WHY
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2011, 11:19:01 am »
I used to wear a pike every round in battle now i cant even take a spear without losing my shield.
Most 2-Hand players have lost their abiltiy to wear pikes.
Most 1-Hand players dont wear pike anymore.
Most Archers dont wear pike etc. etc.

Thats a massive change in comparsion to prepatch.
Its a massive indirect buff for Horseman.

aye but tell it to lobbyists...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2011, 01:00:13 pm »
aye but tell it to lobbyists...

Dont mention 2hers here, with the stab animation changed i only fear 5% of the cavplayers.

Other classes got a problem now, allthough i say it takes more of a change in your playingstyle?

Just suggesting, dont want to sound Einstein like...

Nubert is fine with the changes btw, he is a dedicated polearmer and uses the unsheatable stuff really often (and does really good with it)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2011, 02:37:05 pm »
You don't think cavalry can be OP because you see it from the perspective of a solo cavalryman.  In reality you will often have 5 or 6 riding together in a pack (far worse when strategus comes out where almost all battle maps are wide open for cav) and it doesn't matter how aware you are of cav, even if you spend your entire time walking around with a pike rather than actually meleeing and fighting, cav teams will just stay just out of range on their arabian horse or courser and then as you turn to face one the other will move in with a lance almost as long as your pike to stab you in the back or trample you whereupon the others converge like jackals, if the first one didnt get enough speed to one-shot couch you.  Thats true even when you have 4-5 infantrymen trying to work together.  Pretty much you have no choice as infantry but to give up any melee weapon for the sake of pikes adn travel in fearful packs to be decimated by opposing infantry (who thankfully have more and better cavalry on their team so bring real melee weapons and rape you.  Its not that different from pre-Jan. strategus battles where herds of archers would work together, people would say just get a shield (like saying just get a pike) but it wouldnt matter because you could get 5 or 6 together and they could angle fire behind your shields.

The big issue is not balance 1v1 but in large fights with large groups of each class, and in that case with the recent serious nerfs to every other class, yes cavalry has become OP and an imbalancing factor.  i think the complete removal of lollancing was too much but it was a step in the right idea that soemhow cavalry needs to be rebalanced to adjust to other classese being hevily nerfed.  persoanlly I think how much riding affects speed (now that its 3 agility per riding) and manueverability is the ideal place to start and should be cut in half.  The reasoning is that when you do see 34-2 scores its because some guy has a champion courser/arabian horse with 8 riding skill just riding 100 yards or more in less than 4 seconds so even if you just checked behind you they will still hit you by complete surprise.  Thats not real skill there, but game mechanics.  Whereas skillfull lancing would not be affected by such changes as you actually have to rely on accuracy rather than unrealistic speed.

You pointed out his fault logic about solo cav perspective, yet you put a situation where there is a lone pikemen vs 5-6 cav, then a fearful infantry pack dealing with cav and infantry.

And now as nobody has heirlooms, you still see the same scores of cav as we did with our heirloomed horses. Hell i even made a record on a unloomed horse without loomed weapon but than again i killed bunch of guys that refused to do any action that could help them to survive the encounter.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »
If you are wanting to challenge them to prove their point, then duel, but you dont get a mount. You get an archer, a thrower, a 1h/shield,or 2 hander or even any of the shorter polearms. Then lets see how well you do  :idea:
Your logic fails. I challenge them on horseback because they say being cavalry is so easy. What's the point dueling dismounted when it's about cavalry being 'easy'?
Don't mind the fish.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2011, 08:41:54 pm »
Hes saying that if fighting a cav is so easy, you as a horseman, off his horse, should be able to defeat another horseman on his horse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2011, 07:12:08 am »
Hes saying that if fighting a cav is so easy, you as a horseman, off his horse, should be able to defeat another horseman on his horse.

Precisely. If it is so easy to take down cavalry as infantry or ranged, then get off your horse and do it. If cavalry isn't "easy mode", you should easily be able to stop them.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login