Author Topic: My struggle with ironflesh.  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: My struggle with ironflesh.
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2013, 09:40:32 pm »
+1
Ranged is based moslty on luck than skill.
lol, seriously? :|

He's petitioning for an increase in accuracy. Leave him be  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2013, 12:26:41 am »
+6
On a build with 68 body armour and 66 hp, single arrows taking 40% each is somewhat excessive. I even got a shield and ranged still pisses me off. Sometimes I think back to the 2010 days, where most rounds of battle consisted of 2 huge shieldwalls skirmishing for a minute. Everyone wearing plate and everyone having a shield or a ranged weapon. Then these huge shieldwalls would clash and most of the ranged would join the melee fight.

Now those times had a ton of flaws, but having an area based xp/gold system created a much more interesting and focused battle and reduced the problems of kiting ranged or spread out ranged players. There were rarely any lone archers, because it did not pay off. Now I do advocate the return of atleast some area based rewards, because battle nowadays just consists of people fighting eachother like headless chicken, instead of an intense teambased fight like strat field battles. Don't think that will happen though.

Alternatively, I think pure ranged should be impossible and having a melee weapon and some armour should be a no brainer for ranged. They can be a good hybrid now, but they don't, because ranged bundle of stickss gonna range bundle of sticks. Force them to have an actual weapon, reduce run speed with a bow even further, but allow them to wear more armour and get a lot more wpf without losing that much ranged capabilities. Fucking peasant archers are stupid.

Ah what the hell, cRPG is not getting any major changes anymore I guess.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2013, 04:28:49 am »
On a build with 68 body armour and 66 hp, single arrows taking 40% each is somewhat excessive. I even got a shield and ranged still pisses me off. Sometimes I think back to the 2010 days, where most rounds of battle consisted of 2 huge shieldwalls skirmishing for a minute. Everyone wearing plate and everyone having a shield or a ranged weapon. Then these huge shieldwalls would clash and most of the ranged would join the melee fight.

Now those times had a ton of flaws, but having an area based xp/gold system created a much more interesting and focused battle and reduced the problems of kiting ranged or spread out ranged players. There were rarely any lone archers, because it did not pay off. Now I do advocate the return of atleast some area based rewards, because battle nowadays just consists of people fighting eachother like headless chicken, instead of an intense teambased fight like strat field battles. Don't think that will happen though.

Alternatively, I think pure ranged should be impossible and having a melee weapon and some armour should be a no brainer for ranged. They can be a good hybrid now, but they don't, because ranged bundle of stickss gonna range bundle of sticks. Force them to have an actual weapon, reduce run speed with a bow even further, but allow them to wear more armour and get a lot more wpf without losing that much ranged capabilities. Fucking peasant archers are stupid.

Ah what the hell, cRPG is not getting any major changes anymore I guess.

Actually, I can confirm them. The new test server uses a different settings file, which means our custom armor soak/reduce parameters didn't get loaded.

I would be interested to know if this is test server only, or production servers as this could probably be a source of your discontent with your armor not performing as you would expect.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2013, 05:09:49 pm »
+1
Hmh, this thread went the wrong way, I hope it servs as a reminder to those melee players who think about becoming an archer. Bottom line is, dont become what you hate. Make a STF instead. :D

Ill lock this.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!