Poll

Is the ban request section a disgrace to the community?

Yes
66 (57.9%)
No
48 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 113

Voting closed: February 01, 2013, 05:40:00 pm

Author Topic: Ban request poll of shame  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Ban request poll of shame
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 07:22:20 pm »
+1
I find the question for the poll is not optimal. Because I am afraid of what it means to other people if I choose 1.

1st: shame or not, I don't want my vote to be counted as "remove that forum section", because we need some administration for the game.

2nd: not the ban request section itself is a disgrace for the community, the things the community is filling it with are. I know other games with small communities, and there are hardly any ugly incidents on the servers. But cRPG somehow attracts all trolls, griefers, assholes and complete retards, and that forum section in its current shape is the result of it.

So yes, I am disappointed of what I see in that section. And no, I don't support the removal of that section, and I don't either think the existance of such a section is the problem.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 07:43:03 pm »
Ask around to people who don't play videogames what they think about people constantly telling on each other. Have a look at human history and how far this kind of behavior has led real people in the past.

To answer Bjord ofc it's not against meow i don't even know him, he was the only admin posting in this thread. If I was on a crusade against "the bad banning admin" i would have named someone else, like when we all flamed Nuffen but it was a mistake. I don't want to make him responsible for a behavior a lot of you seem to believe justified, for something he was asked to do and convinced it was allright by an entire part of the community.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 07:48:50 pm »
And joker the question is simple: is it a disgrace yes or no, how can it be more simple?
I am proposing to remove it, not the poll

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 07:54:24 pm »
+1
You can't generalize like that. We have a police for some reason, and you can report people who beat you, raped you, stole of you, robbed you and whatnot. Would you call that telling on each other as well? Should we stop it, disband all policemen, advocates and judges, and enjoy the fabulous Somalian lifestyle?

If we wouldn't have some rule enforcement on the servers, things would go completely out of hand. Already now people know they can get banned or punished otherwise, and yet they don't stop griefing and trolling and shit.

I think if anything, we need better/other administration, but definitely not less, like you are suggesting here. Usually I hate people who react to problems with more rules, more control and harder punishment, but in the case or cRPG I don't see any alternative, and that's why I refrain from any alternative suggestion. Unless the community - or better: the atmosphere in the community - doesn't change fundamentally, there is nothing you can do about it. With a good community, caring for each other, you can do a lot of things which work perfectly and don't even contain any rules, but with what we have now, where players already hate each other because of the choice of their classes, all you can do is put most people who are accused of something into a gunny sack and beat on it with a club until it stops moving, you will most likely hit the right ones.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »
And joker the question is simple: is it a disgrace yes or no, how can it be more simple?
I am proposing to remove it, not the poll

You will base your request for removing it on that poll, and as those are two completely different questions for me, with completely different answers in my case, I will keep this poll blank. Thanks.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 08:02:12 pm »
Joker at this point if you believe the ban request will be removed you didnt read this fucking thread.
So you can vote 1 don't worry ban request will still be there for you to post your shit there.

I will pretend i didn't read that stupid comment about police and somalia.
I am not saying admins should be removed, I am saying the ban request should be removed and the unban essays should remain for admin reading only, and making some rules for admins wouldn't hurt.

Offline highglandeur

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 08:08:42 pm »
sry guys im locking this fucking thread