Author Topic: Going dedicated versus hybrid as a crossbowman. (No longer in eyesore format!!)  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Quinnie

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kolee, Koree, Quinnie, and many others
I remember that one month where I completely wrecked the NA cRPG community with my arbalest, which wasn't even called an arbalest, yet. (Karma and Duc Volpe-inspired build, by the way.)

This was prior to the heirloom reset that happened however long ago... I want to say a year, but maybe it wasn't that long? Anyway, I re-masterworked my arbalest after the reset just to find out that the reload time was lengthened and there was a decrease in damage. I tried the 1h/Arbalest route for one generation afterward and it was never the same. I could only shoot a maximum of 3 bolts per round, which wasn't worth the frequent repair costs. I lost money anytime I equipped the arbalest.

Let's just say that I never used my MW arbalest, again. And in the last month, I had a friend sell my MW arbalest because I saw that it was no longer a viable asset to cRPG gameplay.

RIP good times with the arbalest.

Signed,
Kolee
most famous "real" girl in crpg

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
What was the weight of an arbalest pre-patch? What is it I'm carrying now? A fuckin tank-mounted machine gun with which I can fire 5 shots per minute? In fact, does anyone have the whole set of stats for a pre-patch arba? Just wanna compare, thx!

Edit (after patched patch) Hmmm weight is 3.5 now.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:22:35 pm by Grumpy_Nic »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
They fixed crossbow weights down.