Poll

Your opinion on the turn rate nerf?

I like it.
70 (27.3%)
I liked it how it was.
130 (50.8%)
I'd prefer adjustments to the current settings (please state which).
56 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 255

Author Topic: Turn rate nerf  (Read 10445 times)

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
Re: Turn rate nerf
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2012, 05:25:09 am »
Bring back old turn system for Trident and Pitchfork only.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2012, 07:02:05 pm »
+2
Plenty of people often do TK's that shouldn't be possible -- as proven by Kulin's gif -- where they always afterwards explain "I really don't know how that could have happened". Having seen and remembering both incidents from personal playing (2h+polearm) and from watching others I concur with Kulin, the overhead are just weird sometimes, who haven't seen someone kill a guy that they 100% did not hit.

Basically it feels like the game sometimes doesn't register turning (even though its nowhere near a 180) after having started the overhead swing, so the attack is static.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2012, 05:29:00 pm »
+1
Plenty of people often do TK's that shouldn't be possible -- as proven by Kulin's gif -- where they always afterwards explain "I really don't know how that could have happened". Having seen and remembering both incidents from personal playing (2h+polearm) and from watching others I concur with Kulin, the overhead are just weird sometimes, who haven't seen someone kill a guy that they 100% did not hit.

Basically it feels like the game sometimes doesn't register turning (even though its nowhere near a 180) after having started the overhead swing, so the attack is static.

you're right there, using my polearm's stab i used to team hit all the time (post-turnrate nerf) ... now that i've used it a lot i can use it without team hitting, but it doesn't LOOK like im going to hit someone when i do hit them now ... really weird
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2012, 07:02:30 pm »
+8

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2012, 07:28:33 pm »
You need to keep turning while releasing attack, and you need to do quick and sudden change of direction while you do so.

Other guy should also be moving. Come to siege and try a maul, its easiest to reproduce it there.

I will maybe make a youtube video demonstrating it.

That's exactly what I tried. I even coded a bot that moved like the enemy in the first gif, but I didn't manage to get the bug even once.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2012, 07:29:46 pm »
+1
DTV still doesn't feature this nor the body absorption, and the first reason is one of those why I like the game-mode. The body absorption is a must-have right now, but the "turn rate nerf" is absurd. Not being able to play with overhead and thrust attacks a bit is a step back, in my opinion.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2012, 07:35:57 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I notice this a lot as well. Overhead is the most mysterious attack anyway :P

Skyrim UI

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »
The only fuckery I notice with hitboxes that defintely aren't lag are from thrusts and that has been a problem since WSE first messed with hit time activations/ground collision.  Where a thrust the moment it begins the release animation hits a player behind and/or to your right because a forcefield appears around your hands, most often on polearms.

The overhead thing Kulin makes gif's of has never once happened to me and I've done plenty of mauling since the turn rate changes.  Weird though.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2012, 10:14:48 am »
   here, for everyone.

lrn2play.

quit complaining, and just get better.    im glad you cant do quick 180 vertical strikes anymore.

all you guys ever do is spam  side swing anyway... so why complain about the vertical strikes?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2012, 10:10:19 pm »
+2
As a side note, to fix the 2h overhead hit detection it would be nice to shorten the time the animation is "active". Or even better, make it so that hitting someone when at the end of the animation,your weapon has lost all momentum results in bounces. I'm sick of being hit for full damage in the foot by hammers that don't even move vertically anymore.

Same thing with 2h stabs, they definetly can hit without any problems long after what would make sense, even when the character is already moving the blade back towards it's body.

Offline Jedimaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Buying All +3 Sabers
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Natural
  • Game nicks: Jedimaster,HaxIsaNeed
« Reply #130 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:53 am »
I dont like it either but it balances Cav manu nerf so it will be great unfairness if it is turned back the old version
Once a Fallen Always a Fallen.My saber has cut for fallens once now its natural but my heart is still with them even in the darkest night..

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #131 on: September 18, 2012, 01:11:12 am »
+2
   here, for everyone.

lrn2play.

quit complaining, and just get better.    im glad you cant do quick 180 vertical strikes anymore.

all you guys ever do is spam  side swing anyway... so why complain about the vertical strikes?