Author Topic: How the hell is 1h underpowered?  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
Re: How the hell is 1h underpowered?
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2012, 06:29:48 pm »
+2
I never said it was UP, however. Aside from the fact that a +3 katana only has 17p on it's stab, which is laughable, it's not a terrible weapon. It's speed is good and it's damage is acceptable (taking into account that it's cut damage). It's length is bad however, so that does make it fairly well balanced. I'm just very aware that it costs near the highest levels for any 2h sword, when there are plenty better than it for their price.

I have to point out that it does glance, it's just a matter of how you swing it. If you do swing mindlessly, you will glance.

I've forgotten where this topic was going? Oh right, yeah... after playing with my 1h alt last night, using a hammer and getting some good results, I can only conclude that 1h swords should get a slight damage buff. The blunt and pierce weapons are fine.

I've had my warhammer overhead glance because the enemy was to close....  No, they are not fine.

Offline genric

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: HG_Genric, HG_Sentry_GenRic, A_Chilies, Beastasaurus
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2012, 07:14:19 pm »
I've had my warhammer overhead glance because the enemy was to close....  No, they are not fine.

It's really hard to duel two handers or polearms cause they either use the max range of their weapon and S key, which is okay to me because they are using their weapons length to their advantage the whole point of weapon lengths, but they also get right up against you hilt slashing you to oblivion and all of your attacks, stab slash and overhead, glance from being too close but they wont back up or give you space. That needs to be fixed either even it up so both can hilt slash (please god don't do that) or make it so two handers can actually glace. On a side note when I was doing the one handed vs two handed testing the person I was dueling had almost black gauntlets from all the blood. Sword? shiny and clean.
I am the shadow that lingers in your wake. I am four steps behind and two before you. You are trapped. Always.
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2012, 09:44:10 am »
+1
I dunno why anybody even bought up the fact that some 2hs can be used with a shield. I dont think its even worth mentioning a least bit, cause you are absolutely useless while you  use it with a shield. Even blind people can block all those attacks. Exept mace, but the mace is sorta a class of its own. Sure you can spam with it and the knockdown is what makes it a seriuslly scary weapon,  but its got extremely short range that even most 1hs top.