Author Topic: Bad communication between community and devs -> community manager needed!  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
For the record, we read (as a collective dev/admin/beta tester being) every thread in this forum. Maybe except spam. And faction halls. But definately anything worth reading. If you post a suggestion in the forum, we will read it. If it's good, someone will tell me about that good idea. Happens every day, quite often actually. Not all suggestions are really good, but the good ones stick in our head and get the brainflag "pending". We don't reply at this point because people immediately get their hopes up when we do. And we can't guarantee that we can find the time to implement it. And then people will pester us about 20 different things where we once posted "looks interesting, we'll try and bring it into the game".

That's why we usually inform when something is close to getting finished, not when we think about something.

chadz what is your brainflag capacity

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
I think, at least the suggestions which are declined deserve an answer and a short explanation. If someone makes the effort to write a suggestion, then he deserves an answer, I think.

As a developer there are a lot of ideas the players will throw at you, 95% of them are bad or cant be implemented for one reason or another. Why should they give a reason for why they dont want to implement someones idea. They are busy enough as it is, and as i think has been mentioned before, in the few cases where someone might have a good idea often times there is no way to know if you can really implement it into the game until you try it, so there is no point in announcing your going to do it if you cannot know whether you can in fact implement it into the game, and you don't really know until your about done creating the feature if not done with it completely.

And a CM would really need to have a programming background and have a thorough understanding of the game and programming as it relates to the game so that they can filter out ideas that cannot be programmed into the game. The only people who fit this description are the developers, so the idea of having a CM as a mediator between the developers and community is completely pointless.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
For the record, we read (as a collective dev/admin/beta tester being) every thread in this forum. Maybe except spam. And faction halls. But definately anything worth reading. If you post a suggestion in the forum, we will read it. If it's good, someone will tell me about that good idea. Happens every day, quite often actually. Not all suggestions are really good, but the good ones stick in our head and get the brainflag "pending". We don't reply at this point because people immediately get their hopes up when we do. And we can't guarantee that we can find the time to implement it. And then people will pester us about 20 different things where we once posted "looks interesting, we'll try and bring it into the game".

That's why we usually inform when something is close to getting finished, not when we think about something.

So what you're trying to say, is that you know about the Free Peasants of Fisdnar!?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login