Poll

Is kill to death ratio the best way to determine how good someone is?

Yes.
No, but I have no idea what I am talking about. Therfore, I am wrong. What is this again?

Author Topic: K/D ratio is the best determinate of player skill  (Read 3406 times)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
Re: K/D ratio is the best determinate of player skill
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 07:58:29 pm »
mine is 4.52

and I still say: its the teamplay thats important. You can't win without teamplay.

Lies unless screenshots u decided to lie to support your pro teamwork agenda

Everyone already knows teamwork is over powered

Skill is best determined by reading old game forums about my amazing skills

After ur done, ask me if I consider you any good, then either feel validated or just play for fun, no one is going to add u to the history of internet gaming for your accomplishments in a mod for a barely played game
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 09:49:44 pm »
Okay. just an example-situation:
My Clanbuddy fights against some heavy-armored tincanloser next to the flag... I as an archer shoot in the back of the tincan... then I get slashed from behind by a peasant or whatever... my buddy kills the tincan with a lucky hit, then he kills the peasant and the flag goes down and we win.

or another-one: me and my clanbuddies go to the right side of the castle... climbing up the walls, getting killed a few times... while we distract the defenders an allied clan gets to the flag from the left side and captures it... our K/D may suck... but we've still won.

both is teamwurk.
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 10:20:38 pm »
Dmg done to enemies and FF done to friendlies should be more of a factor.  There are also things you can't measure.  Like the sheilder that hold attention while he watches his teammate flank and get the kill.  Horseman that KD the someone and don't even try to swing so that the guy nearest him gets the kill.  KDR is about the worse way to gauge a players skill.  If you are taking about individual skill go to duel server.  If you are talking about team skill well that's not easy to measure but is more important.  To bad we can't get dmg stats and FF dmg stats.

Trippin expected a bit more from you man.  I mean really I don't know why you acting they way you are.  You seemed pretty cool in vent.  Maybe we didn't spend enough time together though.   I will say that you are a horrible team player.  Last night I am fighting in 1v1 turtling up so you can kill the guy that is 15 feet from you.  You had plate and a 56 armor helm on but you throw like 8 ninja stars at the guy.  I died then you tried to engage in melee and failed miserably.  It was really sad to watch.  I guess you couldn't figure out I was trying to let you flank the guy and get the kill.  But I care about winning the round not thinking I'm something I am not.

I guess I really gotta get fraps working so next time I can just post a link.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:35:18 pm by Felagunda »

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 02:08:19 pm »
Okay. just an example-situation:
My Clanbuddy fights against some heavy-armored tincanloser next to the flag... I as an archer shoot in the back of the tincan... then I get slashed from behind by a peasant or whatever... my buddy kills the tincan with a lucky hit, then he kills the peasant and the flag goes down and we win.

or another-one: me and my clanbuddies go to the right side of the castle... climbing up the walls, getting killed a few times... while we distract the defenders an allied clan gets to the flag from the left side and captures it... our K/D may suck... but we've still won.

both is teamwurk.

On behalf of all of the Crusaders of Acre, +1 (or 40-something.)
"A leader is a dealer in hope."