Poll

Shut the NA servers down?

Yes
73 (24.3%)
No
228 (75.7%)

Total Members Voted: 301

Author Topic: Message and Poll to NA  (Read 9576 times)

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Message and Poll to NA
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2011, 11:42:21 pm »
Wait, I missed the Bks thing. What happened?
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2011, 11:43:25 pm »
Giving LLJk a server was only a temporary solution...not all were banned on hospitaller 100 man, and they could still play on the 80 and siege.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rannepear

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • 我叫阿杰
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rannepear
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2011, 02:41:54 am »
No do not shut down any of your servers, I love playing there and I'm fond of most ATS members/admins (in a non-homosexual way). Show me the way to donate and it shall be done! I haven't seen any abuse of powers (not by you, specifically), but your gripe is a bit confusing still. What were people complaining about exactly?

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2011, 02:48:30 am »
It's ok Tydeus, we are separate but equal

(I need to play my Dr Martin Luther King Jr character again)

Ha I think I muted you, sorry about that :D
Just a soldier

Offline chaosegg

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • gen 19 Escapist, Philosurfer, Voluntaryist
    • View Profile
    • I need to know why.
  • Faction: Tigurini
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2011, 05:12:00 am »
My computer died a couple days ago, and I won't get a new gaming rig for a week or so.
Please don't tell me I won't have my precious siege server to play on when I get back in the saddle!

I've never had a serious issue with the administration of the NA servers-
minor issues yes, but nothing that stopped me from donating at least three separate times to the various people paying for the NA servers since their inception.

Keep the faith my low-ping-loving brothers.
Love,
Benson

P.S.
It would help if people were admins of the servers they actually play on, and fix attacker spawns in Blank_84 on siege. Mmkay, thanks.
"All true warriors travel the same river of blood, if one is disgraced, all are disgraced; if one finds his death in glory, so do we all find glory.
No true warrior would allow another to suffer unjust disgrace or begrudge him the fruits of a well-earned victory."

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2011, 02:10:43 pm »
Man so many things to say and I have so little time!  Here we go...

I know most of you will remember me.  I myself have been singled out and banned a couple times for doing nothing wrong in the past.  Afterwards I was an admin of the TFO server and a damn good one too!

Well to be honest I am glad that the Euro people that created the mod are taking notice on all these things going on.  On the NA servers specifically the "Northern Alliance" servers as I will call them from now on.  I know you hate the term "ATS" servers but all your bans are universal between the servers(except maybe bordertown) and almost all your admins are the same.  So it kind of fits.  So let me recap:

Before these patches came out recently the game was kind of stale as far as player activity goes.  Everyone was used to playing by the set rules.  I myself still made it a point to try to not communicate within the game because I knew how twitchy some of your admins are with that BAN function.  During this time it seemed like you guys couldn't find active admins.  Admins got more and more strict as far as what was ok and not ok.  New rules were added while many players were gone not keeping up with CRPG.  Then...

chadz releases new patches for the mod and the word gets around the internet.  New players take interest and start playing for the first time.  Old players come back after not playing for a while to check out the new patch.  The only rule they know is not to ladder pault even though that is not possible anymore.  Forums go down along with the new rules made up in the server threads so now one can access them.  Some old players that have not been playing lately still have admin and decide "If I do not use this right now then I am not doing my administrative duty."  Some players that have had their admin taken away for some reason got it back.  Now we got a recipe for disaster!

My clan LLJK decides to replicate some of the "tactics" that they have been seeing many of the Northern Alliance clans use on these NA "COMMUNITY SERVERS".  They all get banned by unknown admins.  Devilize is blamed for the mass banning but then claims he did not order the bans but is happy to take credit for them.  He also does not list the admins who did the banning for their sake.  Ecko then freaks out and realizes "oh shit a bunch of people got banned from these servers for no fucking reason I better make up borderlands to help calm the situation before the forums fill up with complaints about the admins I appointed." 

Instead of just unbanning the LLJK and claiming it was a mistake... Devilize wants to humor himself more and requests that all the LLJK members that were banned to post an unban request in his forum section one by one.

Does this all sound about right?  I guess this might be the reason EU people are looking down on you bro. 

Now as much as I hate you guys from the past I will say this...  I wouldn't like to see the servers go away.  I would instead like to see you fix them.  You can do this very very very easily by appointing people that do their job correctly.  Possibly even taking away admin powers from people that had them taken away to begin with(Goretooth).  Look at how fucking long it took you guys to get rid of Lorn. 

You claim your servers are COMMUNITY SERVERS or at least you like to think of them in that way.  Man up and take away powers from people that shouldn't have them then find people that are trustworthy and not clouded by bad judgement.  Teach them how to KICK people a few times before you permanently BAN them.  They could be new and not understand what they are doing wrong.  This is very very important because the EU people seem to understand this.  For some reason you, your admins, and Devilize do not.

Man up.  Stop shying away from what needs to be done.  Fix your admin problem. 

Also:

Everyone is so god damn worried about an LLJK player getting admin powers or a server.  YET when have you seen me or Lady Gaga abuse their powers? 

Never right?

When have you seen a Hospitaller/ATS/TS/nK abuse their powers? 

Too many to count.

PS: If the problem is really money then just let it go already.  I know like 10 people that would pay for a Chicago NA server myself included.  Though we all know you guys would lobby against that.

PPS:  How can any of you seriously read any of Gash's or Native's posts on any topic in this entire forum and think to yourself "Hey that guy would make a good admin!"  I mean wow.  Seriously?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:22:03 pm by EyeBeatWomen »

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Rannepear

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • 我叫阿杰
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rannepear
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2011, 06:40:43 pm »
Well, I personally haven't experienced any admins abusing anything on the NA servers, but I do notice a surplus of them, and I know that could be problematic.

About LLJK, every time I played in the 100-man, there were about 5-6 LLJK just constantly trolling people and being ass-hats. I now, and I'm sure many others, am under the impression that LLJK is just a clan of a bunch of dickheads. That is the impression your clan-members have given me. So it's a bit ironic that you are telling Ecko to fix his problem (not saying there isn't one) when you too have a problem with your own members. Maybe on the inside you guys act mature, but on the outside you guys appear just the opposite. I stopped playing on the 100-man just because I sincerely disliked even being in the same server as your members. Now, while you may or may not personally give a damn about my opinion of your clan, don't you still think image is important? Do you think if your members acted as mature players most of the time they would have been banned like this? Let's not point the finger....just accept that everyone is a bit at fault here.