Author Topic: Horses with no feeling of pain  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
Re: Horses with no feeling of pain
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:44 pm »
hi ho,
i think its a little bit strange and unfair, that horses don´t feel pain / show reactions if you hit then. i know: if you hit them with a polearm or so theystop. but just if you stand in front of them.
i think its unfair and unbalanced and need to be fixed. horses are like a car or so. if they got hit (from side or with bolt or so), they a have to show a reaction. at least the unarmored.
i have many problems with this term: a hores man rides straigth to attack me....i hit the horse (on head or any other bodypart), but it dont die.....i got killed because the horse is like a car....it shows no pain, like my char if he got hit.
what think you about?

greetings

Well if there are 3 arrows stuck in your left foot you are still able to run. If there are 3 arrows in your right hand you are still able to swing your flamberge.
Why should horses have injury-effects and you don't? Stupid suggestion.

Offline SDGS8

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: B_A_SDGS8......
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 05:56:49 pm »
i don´t speak about injury-effects.....just a reaction when getting hit, not only when get a pike on the chest (means it will be stopped). also when get hit by a bolt (not every, for example by steal bolt fired by heavy xbow or sniper)

:!:all in all: a reaction by hit (strong weapons, not by every)....like when i get hit :!:

if anybody did not understand what i was mean pls ask and not anything, which gives a wrong picture of my suggestion....that would be very nice an dhelpfull for all  :wink:
ps: i have no idea what is possible with engine or not  :oops:....but its not a thread for engine-possibilities

so for all: i don´t care about injury-effecs.....they are helpful to see how many hp your opponent has.....i just hate it, when i shot at a horse who attack me and nothing happens and i die .....and when i get hit by, for example a bolt/arrow im for short time helpless and cannot defend me

all clear  :?:     it´s no sarcasm
Give me horses and i try to kill them :P

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 07:26:17 pm »
A hit on a horse should disrupt the attack of the rider, just as if the rider themselves had gotten hit. Other than that, it is fine.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login