Author Topic: Situational XP/Gold-rewards  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Situational XP/Gold-rewards
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 09:58:58 pm »
My favorite bonus for encouraging teamplay is a +1 to your modifier. So far, it seems to work great.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KaffeKalle, CheeseChester, CedricTheBald, DartLeif, Baglady
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 10:56:15 pm »
Well, this way they could make it so the people teamplaying on the losing team also gets a little something.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 11:08:01 pm »
Not actually a bad idea but I think to avoid abuse it could be a personal record.

You could auto-punish people who are not team playing.  I.E. if a defender opens a door and leaves it open they would lose a point.

Defenders could auto-lose a ton of points for opening the front gate to the castle (which is bannable anyway yet people do it a lot)

Etc.

Could certainly use refinement but I don't think this  is too bad of an idea.  Reward people for working  as a team (I rarely get the kill after unhorsing cav with a pike as an example) of course modifiers already encourage team play but it does not seem to be much of  an incentive for some people.  :rolleyes:
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 07:37:15 am »
i would love "bonuses" that encourage  the team to do the right thing

if it encourages kill whores zerglings or any other negative styles of play i would not like

but i  digress
My favorite bonus for encouraging teamplay is a +1 to your modifier. So far, it seems to work great.
i have to say this is the truth...if this does not get people to play effectively nothing will

and lets just say for example we used the flag bonus one that whenever they kill someone near the flag they get bonus xp(lets say a ticks worth)

then NOONE would leave flag they would just sit near the vicinity of the flag and let the enemy take the rest there needs to be a defensive balance in castles some by flag,some by gate, some on walls etc.if this is implemented it would just be the polar opposite of the usual problem now(everyone goes fighting on walls and no defending important areas
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Lange

• Baron
  • Renown: 128
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 08:41:38 am »
giving them a bonus to fight near flag, open/close gates, break/defend doors
Yes please. Record kills near flag and important doors/gatehouse, opening and closing gates and hitting doors (invisibly). Give those people that are high on it an increased chance of getting the valour text.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:43:14 am by Lange »