Poll

Why don't you enjoy playing on EU 1 ?

Lots of ranged makes the game unplayable ...
Lots of cav charging from everywhere makes the game unplayable...
Lots of melee attacking from everywhere makes the game unplayable (Explain how please)
I think EU_1 is fine . I like how it is.
Main problem is ladders to roofs , the amount of ranged is fine.
I don't know about gameplay but with this upkeep , i can't play...

Author Topic: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?  (Read 20232 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?
« Reply #285 on: December 13, 2011, 05:07:45 pm »
Instead of damage or precision nerfs(latter is the death of skillbased archery) I would do this 3 point plan:

1) Get 'em off the roofs!
Simply remove ladders from battles. Ranged will be forced to fight from reachable places, making them much more vulnerable to cav(in the open) or sneaky inf (with buildings) attacks. Archers would probably suffer more from that because crossbowmen usually got an excellent awareness thanks to the reloading break. This would probalby encourage teamplay. chadz is against ladder removal as it is now though.

2) Don't let 'em get away!
Lower the ability to sprint for players with bows or xbows in the inventory. This will make turn&run less effective because for example a shielder could catch up while at the moment he is usually outpaced. Encourages teamplay together with inf.

3) Make 'em real men!
No melee weapon builds and equipment layouts of course lead to turn&run tactics. I would make it so that there is no real reason not to bring a sidearm for an archer. For that I would lower the maximum amount of ammo stacks to 2, probably only allow them in the 3rd and 4th equipment slot. With that archers should bring a melee weapon and maybe even make them stand and fight instead of running. Encourages teamplay even more because even if the archer can't kill the meleegay he can at least keep him busy with blocking until help arrives.
Oh my god, I missed this post. Paul is agreeing with the community without trying to be funny! Now tell chadz to stop crying cause his precious ladders will still be on strat and siege, or tell him to play a few hours on EU_1 as his polearm character.

Donkeys can't climb ladders, so why does he love them so much? chadz elaborate on your love for ladders! Everyone can see they are slowly wrecking battle mode.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #286 on: December 14, 2011, 01:03:44 am »
+3
I'd say let's meet in the middle first and see how it goes.

Make ladders more exclusive, 3 or 4 slots for the smaller ones too (or all, simply)

I see why ladders are a cool feature, just its a problem that every pure 2h or pole, or many shielders can bring them, even archers with 1 slot bows and 1 quiver.. or xbowmen etc..

with 3 slots ladders, no ranged can carry them without loosing their ranged ability, and pole and 2h would nerf themselves to inferior weapons if they choose to bring ladders.

With 4 slots ladders, only the most hardcore teamplayer with a self sacrificing mind would bring them. Players sacrificing themselves for the team or multi is pretty rare...

Anyhow I think such a change would make roofcamping a rare occurence, rather than every single map.. Perhaps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2011, 01:05:17 am »
I'd say let's meet in the middle first and see how it goes.

Make ladders more exclusive, 3 or 4 slots for the smaller ones too (or all, simply)

I see why ladders are a cool feature, just its a problem that every pure 2h or pole, or many shielders can bring them, even archers with 1 slot bows and 1 quiver.. or xbowmen etc..

with 3 slots ladders, no ranged can carry them without loosing their ranged ability, and pole and 2h would nerf themselves to inferior weapons if they choose to bring ladders.

With 4 slots ladders, only the most hardcore teamplayer with a self sacrificing mind would bring them. Players sacrificing themselves for the team or multi is pretty rare...

Anyhow I think such a change would make roofcamping a rare occurence, rather than every single map.. Perhaps.

that is a great suggestion Thomek   +1

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #288 on: December 14, 2011, 01:09:06 am »

These people will be heroes with their 0slot weapon, those suggestions are all win Thomek would like to see them implemented.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #289 on: December 14, 2011, 01:11:45 am »
I'm surprised they didn't make them 2-3 slots from the get go when slots where implemented I mean it's an obvious thing to do but what am I talking for it seems chadz loves roof campers.