Poll

Why don't you enjoy playing on EU 1 ?

Lots of ranged makes the game unplayable ...
Lots of cav charging from everywhere makes the game unplayable...
Lots of melee attacking from everywhere makes the game unplayable (Explain how please)
I think EU_1 is fine . I like how it is.
Main problem is ladders to roofs , the amount of ranged is fine.
I don't know about gameplay but with this upkeep , i can't play...

Author Topic: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?  (Read 20212 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?
« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2011, 12:39:55 pm »
I want to change my vote, I voted 'Main problem is ladders to roofs , the amount of ranged is fine.' It isn't, its getting worse, the amount of archers is going berserk. There is too much ranged on the server. And they deal too much damage.

Funny thing is it can often be anti whatever threads that increase numbers. I remember the anti-HA thread that went on for pages and pages. Before that thread, there were around maybe 4-5 regular HA's on the EU servers. After that thread reached 15 pages or so, suddenly there was a huge jump in HA alts and we were suddenly regularly seeing 5 or more in a server at once. These 'zomg its OP and killing the mod' threads actually just make the situation worse because people gravitate towards something if it's said to be to strong.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:41:38 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #271 on: December 08, 2011, 12:46:30 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czb4jn5y94g

On subject :

"The path of the righteous melee is beset on all sides, By the inequities of the archers and the tyranny of crossbowmen.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, Shepherds the noobs through the valley of arrowstorms,
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost fun.
And I will remove ladders upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger Those who attempt to poison and destroy cRPG.
And you will know my name is the Player when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I love that scene and that movie, but you're cavalry which means you're not as innocent either. 8-)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #272 on: December 08, 2011, 01:00:22 pm »

Heavy spoiler incoming, content not safe for viewing & working, especially if you're animals friend:

Heavy spoiler incoming, content not safe for viewing & working, especially if you're animals friend:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2011, 03:04:10 pm »
Buhu archers are so mean to me buhu.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2011, 03:35:21 pm »
Made a few changes to that sig hope u don't mind lol

Nope. However, your font is shit.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2011, 05:22:27 pm »
+1
Funny thing is it can often be anti whatever threads that increase numbers. I remember the anti-HA thread that went on for pages and pages. Before that thread, there were around maybe 4-5 regular HA's on the EU servers. After that thread reached 15 pages or so, suddenly there was a huge jump in HA alts and we were suddenly regularly seeing 5 or more in a server at once. These 'zomg its OP and killing the mod' threads actually just make the situation worse because people gravitate towards something if it's said to be to strong.
Which is great, I have been recently convinced that making the ranged spam worse and worse is the only way devs are ever going to fix it. So look for my archer alt soon. If 50% of the server is archer and hundreds of players start leaving cRPG, they'll probably stop and think that something is wrong.

This thread is not at all a zomg its OP mod. AFAIK its actually underpowered individually, but should be nerfed further because the class is hugely popular and needs to be inferior to keep the percentage of archers reasonable.

If they would just remove the ladder 80% of my issue with this would be solved. The other 20% I'm able to live with. If the devs don't see the need for that, they should start playing their own fucking mod, alternatively they could listen to the community. I think the majority definitely thinks that ladders should be gone and have good reasons for that.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 08, 2011, 06:27:36 pm »
Which is great, I have been recently convinced that making the ranged spam worse and worse is the only way devs are ever going to fix it. So look for my archer alt soon. If 50% of the server is archer and hundreds of players start leaving cRPG, they'll probably stop and think that something is wrong.

This thread is not at all a zomg its OP mod. AFAIK its actually underpowered individually, but should be nerfed further because the class is hugely popular and needs to be inferior to keep the percentage of archers reasonable.

If they would just remove the ladder 80% of my issue with this would be solved. The other 20% I'm able to live with. If the devs don't see the need for that, they should start playing their own fucking mod, alternatively they could listen to the community. I think the majority definitely thinks that ladders should be gone and have good reasons for that.

Indeed. But alas everything in the mod is done to force you into choosing your class and sticking with it. Playing alts doesn't give you anything. That way players can't react to balance changes and things seem more balanced/less broken than what they really are.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2011, 08:55:38 am »
Played about 4 maps yesterday on EU_1. Every map pretty much every single archer was on the roof.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2011, 09:13:47 am »
Played about 4 maps yesterday on EU_1. Every map pretty much every single archer was on the roof.

Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll ? half the "warriors" of each team were on the roofs ?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2011, 09:25:52 am »
+3

Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll ? half the "warriors" of each team were on the roofs ?

Pretty much. Whenever I force myself to play on battle server I regret it soon after joining.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2011, 07:25:38 pm »
+1
Fuckin' great  :rolleyes:

I just joined battle server for the first time in last few days just to get spawn raped by cav...  :rolleyes: fucki this, I'm going back on siege server.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2011, 03:39:50 am »
+1
I found the solution.
Wear no armor get a crossbow + shield + 1 slot 2h weapon like mace and enjoy your WW1 alike battle.
Move from cover to cover and shoot behind trenches .

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2011, 12:49:42 pm »
I found the solution.
Wear no armor get a crossbow + shield + 1 slot 2h weapon like mace and enjoy your WW1 alike battle.
Move from cover to cover and shoot behind trenches .

Like playing BF3 on that horrible metro map, on conquest mode with 64 players. Totally like WW1.

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2011, 04:29:34 pm »
+1
It may just be that I have not played an endless number of rounds, but coming back after a month of no activity I find the game essentially exactly the way I left it.

Both as a HA(main) and a 2H(alternate).

That being said roof camping is still a bit much and  I think it would be interesting to add more of an objective to battle. (Such as Master of the Field spawning much earlier, to force some movements).

Finally, as others have said the problem is the balance and number of archers, not the abilities or power of a archers as a class. When the teams are fairly balanced in regards to classes and skill then it is actually seems to work quite well.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 04:33:31 pm by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2011, 04:32:11 pm »
I think it would be interesting to add more of an objective to battle. (Such as Master of the Field spawning much earlier, to force some movements.)

What he said.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!